PDA

View Full Version : Official B Ship/Block!

Jools
Mar 1, 2004, 12:58 PM
This game needs an offical B ship and block. The one thing you can't do in this game is find regular tournaments (against humans) in B block ships. If someone official here were to choose one then all of this could change.

You can spend ages wandering around looking for tournaments, its one of the biggest problems with online play. BUT, with an offical tournament location, all of this could change. Such a thing would only work when the game is new, so now is the time to strike. It would be sad to see this opportunity lost.

Jools

Zaneatron
Mar 1, 2004, 01:43 PM
you have looked on Mintaka 2 right? its the main place for tournaments in the game. there might not be many importers, but ive had a few nice tournaments against Japanese people.
i used my "Im sorry, i dont speak Japanese" shortcut, and my opponent was very pleased. we kept exchanging little text symbols like =O XD and so fourth. just kept up a bit of context as it were. it was good fun.

Jools
Mar 1, 2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I'm familiar with Mintaka 2. Its the only place in the whole game where you can find regular matches it seems, and even then if you don't have the guild cards of a whole host of Japanese players your chances of getting on this always full block are slim.

But anyway, I think the main point is that not only is that a place for Japanese players, but it is also not a B ship. There is nowhere in the whole game (it seems) where you can get a regular tournament with these rules. On a B ship people pull out all the stops and play with their very best decks because they don't want to lose exp. It would be *really* nice if Western players had an offical block for these games.

Jools

MRBEN
Mar 2, 2004, 09:31 AM
I agree with Jools. A B ship place for tourneys would be a great idea. Not only that, but new players online can play to gain more exp there. I cant get on Mintaka half the time, and cos my lvl is low B ship tourneys are great for me.

Lion
Mar 8, 2004, 10:27 PM
I really dont understand what B ships do.. Do they just give you more experience? Thats all I got out of them. But on the 9th the B ships for US will be up, hopefully there will be a lot there.

Jools
Mar 9, 2004, 08:12 AM
B ships give you more exp but you lose a little exp when you lose. The one thing thats real tough to get in this game is a tournament on a B ship. Despite the fact that you ultimately get more exp (the loss of losing isn't as great as the increase received for winning).

Jools

LeRoy_G
Mar 9, 2004, 09:29 AM
what i have experienced so far, is that US players looking for human match up are on either Antares 8 or vega 1, so i think there is no need to name a new location is there is already one...

Mixfortune
Mar 9, 2004, 12:23 PM
On 2004-03-09 06:29, LeRoy_G wrote:
what i have experienced so far, is that US players looking for human match up are on either Antares 8 or vega 1, so i think there is no need to name a new location is there is already one...

This, however, is for declaring a B Ship, which is a different kind of ship altogether. It's sort of like having a CMode night or Battle night on EPI&II that is seperate from the main game ship and block.

If a B Ship is adopted, it would most likely not be right away, as it would be more beneficial to see which B Ships get what kind of outside traffic and spammers/etc. in order to seek out the most fitting choice for a community.

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2004, 12:46 PM
if we officially declare a /b ship or any ship, that's like asking for it to be trashed in a short amount of time. so i don't know about choosing another particular one.

metermore
Mar 10, 2004, 09:43 PM
i dont have much of a say as i am pretty new to EP3
but what if we just used block 10 of the Artanes it is after all the block that everyone goes to if 8 is full

EDIT: sorry if i didnt say /B ship cause thats what i meant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metermore on 2004-03-11 19:21 ]</font>

Zolpner
Mar 10, 2004, 09:57 PM
.. the US /B ships are up metermore, the entire Antares ship is US /B... (isn't it?)

Saiffy
Mar 10, 2004, 10:17 PM
how bout Antares 01 or something?

Zolpner
Mar 10, 2004, 10:23 PM
why not just stick with 8, then move to 9 or 10 if its full.

Edit: yea I got confused, sorry if my 2 posts confused others in the process....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2004-03-10 19:25 ]</font>

Jools
Mar 11, 2004, 11:51 AM
By chance, Antares 8 became a "B" ship. Quite fortuitous that.

Jools

Sharkyland
Mar 11, 2004, 07:55 PM
Find me, I'll play if I'm not in a tournament. Purple outfit, red-orange hair HUnewearl named 'Marina'