PDA

View Full Version : Can USB Memory cards do this?

echo-2003
Mar 1, 2004, 07:22 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but the search I did gave me no results.

I have heard a few things about the USB memory card and one of the abilities it has is to transfer data from the card to a PC.

Right now I have a MC251 and a MC59, each has PSOep1&2 data on them but only the data on the MC59 is important to me. With Ep3 coming and talk about how having Ep3 data all to it's own card it got me thinking how I might be able to "transfer" my Ep1&2 data from my MC59 to my MC251 via a USB memory card and my PC.

Then if all this is so far correct my MC59 is all open for Ep3 to use all to itself. So I guess the Question is is any of this possible to do? Or is there another alternative besides just buying another memory card, which might actaully just be the easist thing to do..heh. Thanks for any help.

VioletSkye
Mar 1, 2004, 07:59 PM
No. you can only save files on the pc and restoer then back to the USB. There is a program that will allow you to transfer files from one card to another but unfortunately it won't work with PSO because the format ID of the new card won't match the format ID of the old card and PSO won't accept it resulting in a corruption. On most other games it works just fine, but not PSO.

echo-2003
Mar 1, 2004, 10:19 PM
Drat, I was afraid of that. Thanks violet, it's muchly appreciated.