PDA

View Full Version : God Battle

Joltox
Mar 2, 2004, 12:29 PM
Hey, how long did it take for you all to get a god battle because I went to forest of sorrow like 40 times and the Hildelts are still not dropping it.

Hrith
Mar 2, 2004, 12:32 PM
How will knowing that change anything ? It's random.

I have not found a single Cure/Poison in 175 AF runs, and a friend just got one on a random run.

I got my first God/Battle in 20ish HS, and my second one on my very first regular offline forest run with Aelia.

PaleKid15
Mar 2, 2004, 12:49 PM
Kef- This is the kind of thing that makes me angry.

To be on topic= 3rd Redria Hildet.

Soukosa
Mar 2, 2004, 01:03 PM
I got mine after about 20 FoS runs. If you do that quest, the average number of runs for getting it would be about 24 runs.

gallaugher
Mar 2, 2004, 01:40 PM
My first one took between 40-50 runs through FoS. My 2nd & 3rd ones dropped in the same run. I guess they owed me.

RicoRoyal
Mar 2, 2004, 01:43 PM
Got mine on my 6th Redria FoS run. I'm thankful for it everyday.

excecutor
Mar 2, 2004, 07:01 PM
I got my first on my 25th FoS run, and my second one 4 runs later. Works wonders, I love it!

Cc08
Mar 2, 2004, 08:14 PM
Got mine after around 8 or 9 FoS runs... its amazing... it'll drop soon

Bender202
Mar 2, 2004, 08:31 PM
I did well over a 100 runs to no avail, and took a pso break over christmas break, and the very next run BAM! Found 2 in my next 2 runs. So yeah, its all about the randomness.

Reality_Check
Mar 2, 2004, 08:39 PM
Sadly... I gave up. I'm not good with fustration. REALLY not good. I'm amazed how Lain could work so ahrd to get a Luminus Field. I woulda stopped not even through half the time she kept going through. It really blows me away how people can do that.

*A Round of Applause for Lain*

(I wish I could do that)

LoreSeeker
Mar 2, 2004, 08:40 PM
The trick, like so many people have mentioned before, is to NOT actively look for it. It'll show up, just not when you're expecting it. Of course, if you expect it, you can probably run over to it faster than the other people can... I wish I would have been expecting my Imperial Picks; then the lame HUmars wouldn't have ganked them even though they already had much better weapons to use.

Back on topic, it only took me a few random runs on Ult to find a God/Battle. But, of course, I wasn't looking for that either. =)

lain2k3
Mar 2, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-03-02 17:39, Reality_Check wrote:
Sadly... I gave up. I'm not good with fustration. REALLY not good. I'm amazed how Lain could work so ahrd to get a Luminus Field. I woulda stopped not even through half the time shehe kept going through. It really blows me away how people can do that.

*A Round of Applause for Lain*

(I wish I could do that)

**I'm a guy** http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Thanks you for the applause. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I have patience for runs, but I go insane/fall asleep while piping.

Reality_Check
Mar 2, 2004, 08:59 PM
Well, because of that last remark. I hit myself. But now that thats done. Sorry about that. Was too lazy to read profile. So I went by pic. I guess thats a bad idea... Well... I'm an idoit... (Proud of it. lol)

Ok Lain, becuase of my Blatent Stupidity. I owe ya one. But you might have to wait if ya want an item... (see sig)

Ohh well, I've been on the site for less than a month... So I didn't really have time to figure out who everyone is, so that I don't look like an Idoit... Even though it happens enough... In Public... But thats not the point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reality_Check on 2004-03-02 18:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reality_Check on 2004-03-02 18:07 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Mar 2, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-03-02 17:52, lain2k3 wrote:
I have patience for runs, but I go insane/fall asleep while piping.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I as well...

On Topic:
I don't have a God/Battle... -_-
*uses Devil/Battle, close enough*

lain2k3
Mar 2, 2004, 09:07 PM
On 2004-03-02 17:59, Reality_Check wrote:
Well, because of that last remark. I hit myself. But now that thats done. Sorry about that. Was too lazy to read profile. So I went by pic. I guess thats a bad idea... Well... I'm an idoit... (Proud of it. lol)

Ok Lain, becuase of my Blatent Stupidity. I owe ya one. But you might have to wait if ya want an item... (see sig)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reality_Check on 2004-03-02 18:02 ]</font>

It's ok, I dont want anything.

I Chose this avatar because it would be confusing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
sorry, I guess it worked a little too well...lol.

and firocket, devil battle is about 1/2 as good as god/battle.

Reality_Check
Mar 2, 2004, 09:09 PM
On 2004-03-02 18:07, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-03-02 17:59, Reality_Check wrote:

It's ok, I dont want anything.

I Chose this avatar because it would be confusing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
sorry, I guess it worked a little too well...lol.

Ok, well, guess I'm off the hook this time... This Time

And yeah. I guess it did work... Good job! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

P.S Lain, am I the first person you've fooled with that Pic? Because if I am, I'm gonna feel like a really dumb here... but I'll laugh at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reality_Check on 2004-03-02 18:25 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Mar 2, 2004, 10:03 PM

Devil/Battle is also about 100 times easier to get as well, which means it PWNZ God/Battle, Muhahahaha!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LoreSeeker
Mar 2, 2004, 10:29 PM
On 2004-03-02 19:03, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

Devil/Battle is also about 100 times easier to get as well, which means it PWNZ God/Battle, Muhahahaha!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I disagree. God/Battle "PWNZ" Devil/Battle very easily. Not only is the speed increase very obvious, but it really isn't that hard to find. Based on amounts of runs done as various characters, God/Battle seems to be easier to find as I've seen it in fewer runs than it took to find a Devil/Battle. I know that probably pretty random, but whatever. I win.

Firocket1690
Mar 2, 2004, 11:56 PM
On 2004-03-02 19:29, LoreSeeker wrote:

On 2004-03-02 19:03, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

and firocket, devil battle is about 1/2x as good as god/battle.

I disagree. God/Battle "PWNZ" Devil/Battle very easily. Not only is the speed increase very obvious, but it really isn't that hard to find. Based on amounts of runs done as various characters, God/Battle seems to be easier to find as I've seen it in fewer runs than it took to find a Devil/Battle. I know that probably pretty random, but whatever. I win.

... Shut up.

*doesn't have a redria of any sort*

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2004, 12:13 AM
Going from a Devil/Battle to a God/Battle is only a 10% increase. From my experience, the difference is minor, with the exception of some of the slower weapons.

oeagrus
Mar 3, 2004, 08:57 AM
That's a 50% increase in speed from Devil/Battle to God/Battle. Huge difference, IMHO.

Spliffman
Mar 3, 2004, 12:38 PM
wha??!!!? How can a 10% increase become a 50% increase man???????? Sounomi is right, it is only a 10% speed increase over a devil/battle.

Personally, I think the devil/battle is better, simply because most id's can find it somewhere, whereas for a god/battle you must have a redria character, which I don't have.

Also, the god/battle makes things a little too easy for my liking.

segadrm10
Mar 3, 2004, 01:39 PM
i have found 3 god/battle doing fos runs and my first one was on the 7th run and ive only done like around 25 runs but i also got like 3 pd from them.

Cahill
Mar 3, 2004, 02:12 PM
Took better than 30 FoS runs for each of my 2 God/Battles.

That's in addition to countless regular forest and on-line Heat Sword runs.

Had Hildelts drop 3 PD's in those FoS runs too.... just to taunt me with "the red".... evil.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2004, 02:20 PM
On 2004-03-02 21:13, Sounomi wrote:
Going from a Devil/Battle to a God/Battle is only a 10% increase. From my experience, the difference is minor, with the exception of some of the slower weapons.
Then your experience is lacking. The difference is huge.

oeagrus
Mar 3, 2004, 02:34 PM
wha??!!!? How can a 10% increase become a 50% increase man???????? Sounomi is right, it is only a 10% speed increase over a devil/battle.

Okay, let's do the math...
Devil gives a 20% increase
God gives a 30% increase

"20" plus 50% is "30"
Thusly, God/Battle is 50% better than a Devil/Battle.

Our ex-governor here in Michigan did the same damn thing a few years ago when he raised the state tax from 4% to 6%. He was always saying that it was "just a 2% increase in the tax."

But NO IT ISN'T! Going from 4% to 6% is a FIFTY PERCENT INCREASE!!! And, no, he was not re-elected.

Here endeth the lesson.

lain2k3
Mar 3, 2004, 03:35 PM
Who decided the individual percentages for the /battle units?

From my experience and testing, general/battle and devil/batlle are about 10 and 20, but god/battle Is closer to a 40% increase, not 30. The difference is quite large.

**stands on 'Kef's side'**

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2004, 03:48 PM
On 2004-03-03 11:20, Kef wrote:

It all depends on the weapon you're using. With slower weapons, there's going to be a noticable increase, but with those that are already fairly fast, there's not going to be that noticable of an increase.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2004, 04:08 PM
On 2004-03-03 12:48, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-03-03 11:20, Kef wrote:

It all depends on the weapon you're using. With slower weapons, there's going to be a noticable increase, but with those that are already fairly fast, there's not going to be that noticable of an increase.

I notice a clear difference on handguns/rifles http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Devil/Battle is very close to uselessness, I used it a lot on my first two chars, because I did not have a God/Battle yet, and the difference on rifles/handguns is clear, let alone shots, mechs, twin swords/sabers, partisans, etc.

u r teh pwned !!

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2004, 04:15 PM
On 2004-03-03 13:08, Kef wrote:
I notice a clear difference on handguns/rifles http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Devil/Battle is very close to uselessness, I used it a lot on my first two chars, because I did not have a God/Battle yet, and the difference on rifles/handguns is clear, let alone shots, mechs, twin swords/sabers, partisans, etc.

Yes, there is a difference, but it's not a difference so large that it blows you over. I was using mechs when doing FoS runs to get my first one. After a Hildelt finally dropped it, I replaced my Devil/Battle with it and saw very little change in speed with the mechs. I have also done other tests and they proved to be minor. Like I said, the slower the weapon, the more noticable the speed increase, but with faster weapons, a Devil/Battle can do just fine.

lain2k3
Mar 3, 2004, 04:20 PM
Devil/battle is better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as god/battle.

The difference is very real, I find it to make the biggest difference in the animations of partisans and mechguns. And those are already super fast.

It doesnt seem to help with spreads/shots though, they're still far too slow for practical use.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-03-03 13:20, lain2k3 wrote:
It doesnt seem to help with spreads/shots though, they're still far too slow for practical use.
Not to me, I usually use my S-Rank Shot over my Spread Needle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif except mine/Seabed >_<

Firocket1690
Mar 3, 2004, 05:13 PM
Meh...
RAmarl Lv. 104
Frozen Shooter
Seize Vulcans +10 (30% hit)

You guys do the math....
... with a Devil/Battle

Genoa
Mar 3, 2004, 05:54 PM
Oh man, I love my God/Battle. I got it... hmm, maybe about 15 FoS runs... I got the redria to ult and the next day I got it. 2 Days of searching... you'll get it. It's almost a requirement for Meleeing FOmarls. Unless your using Inferno Bazooka... (good god! so fast!) RAmarl using Yasminkov 2000H is awesome, but even awesomer with God/Battle. That has to be my favorite weapon effect with God/Battle on.

Armok
Mar 4, 2004, 07:59 AM
God battles

1 on run 6
1 on run 42

Sha_Hua
Mar 4, 2004, 08:29 AM
Whoa what's with the Forrest and Redria?
My SKYLY just found it in VHard Ruins?
And it didn't make Falz happy!! But it did make me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Armok
Mar 4, 2004, 08:31 AM
You on Dreamcast Sha_Hua. On GC and xbox only finable from Redria ult forest hildelt

goku4ever
Mar 4, 2004, 12:52 PM
god battle drops on redria yea?

Genoa
Mar 4, 2004, 03:27 PM
Redria gets God/Battle from Ult-Forest-Hildelt and .... something else... something on episode 2, can't remember... but Hildelt is your best bet.

lain2k3
Mar 4, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-03-04 12:27, MegamanX wrote:
Redria gets God/Battle from Ult-Forest-Hildelt and .... something else... something on episode 2, can't remember... but Hildelt is your best bet.

Gibbles... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

yeah...no

Genoa
Mar 4, 2004, 03:42 PM
ah Gibbles, that's the one... hopeless... I knew it was from someone that didn't show up much and didn't show a red box often either...

Joltox
Mar 4, 2004, 07:01 PM
Well thanks everyone for the help. I was getting a little pist off because it is still taking a long time. But, one thing I would like to say just to end the argument. A God/Battle is a God/Battle. It makes you fight intensively fast and it really helps when you have a twin saber type weapon. (Demo Comet for example.) No need to make such a big deal out of it folks.

lain2k3
Mar 4, 2004, 07:14 PM
the big debate is that a devil/battle is not a god/battle. They are very different.

Joltox
Mar 5, 2004, 04:55 AM
As long as this discussion doesn't get out of control. But, your right though.