PDA

View Full Version : Are drop rates in quests modified, or am I just having a bad

Cecil_McW00t
Mar 3, 2004, 12:34 AM
>_<

I've just completed my 10th run in East Tower for a Attribute Wall from Gi Gue. My ID is Purplenum. According to the Housoka site, his rate for this item is 1/46. Now I know that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to get it after 46 but I've become suspicious of quests as of late. Like, I gave up hunting for Yasminkov 2000H (same ID, Ult, Spaceship, Hidoom). I would do Max Attack and take the route that leads to the room with 8 of them. I did this over and over...

So are drop rates modified for quests? Or am I just simply being stiffed like so many other dedicated PSO players?

Tsudo_Plat
Mar 3, 2004, 12:50 AM
Just stiffed, keep up the good work, you'll get it sooner or later.

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2004, 12:53 AM
I'd say you're having a bad week. I used East Tower go Fatsia hunting not too long and for the difficulty and ID I was using (V. Hard Viridia), the Fatsia has the same chance as the Attribute Wall you seek. I got a Fatsia on the first Gi Gue and one or two more after that without really trying. This happened after I did over 60 runs trying to get one from Hard Gibbles on Skyly. As for changing the drop rates, I doubt it. I could see ST changing the drop anything rates in quests, but adjusting the rarity of a rare would be too much.

rising_sunset
Mar 3, 2004, 12:53 AM
Just keep on ranting...

drizzle
Mar 3, 2004, 04:08 AM
10 tower runs isn't that much, keep going, it'll drop sooner or later.
As for Max Attack 2, I know that drop rates there are changed, though I'm not sure if Hidoom is affected. I know for sure that Delsaber and Baranz are.

Cecil_McW00t
Mar 3, 2004, 04:15 AM
OK, thanks you guys. I'm going for run 12 now! ^_^

Zarana
Mar 3, 2004, 01:09 PM
Drop rates can be modified for quests, like with those Delsabers and Baranz in the Famitsu Spaceship who can't ever drop items, but I don't think that's the case with your hunt. I do believe you're just unlucky.