PDA

View Full Version : NTL BB Connection

Gilla
Mar 3, 2004, 06:29 AM
I am connecting direct to my GC with an NTL cable. I have set up all the provider details and it takes me to a web page with a link at the top which will take me to buy a Hunters Licence, when I click the link a small loading symbol appears in the bottom of the page but no matter how long I wait nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

BrokenHope
Mar 3, 2004, 08:57 AM
On 2004-03-03 03:29, Gilla wrote:
I am connecting direct to my GC with an NTL cable. I have set up all the provider details and it takes me to a web page with a link at the top which will take me to buy a Hunters Licence, when I click the link a small loading symbol appears in the bottom of the page but no matter how long I wait nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

Set top box or standalone cable modem? If stand alone, you need to power cycle it, which means turn it off for about 5-10 seconds then back on again and wait for the lights to come on and stay stable, then try connect again.

Gilla
Mar 3, 2004, 09:14 AM
Its a set top box, should I be able to get that far into if it's not detecting a connection?

BrokenHope
Mar 3, 2004, 11:22 AM
On 2004-03-03 06:14, Gilla wrote:
Its a set top box, should I be able to get that far into if it's not detecting a connection?

I think you may have to use a router with a set top box, I'm not sure you can do a direct connection.

VioletSkye
Mar 3, 2004, 12:00 PM
many people make the mistake of thinking that they are accessing the webpage. You aren't. The basic screen pages you see are on the PSO disk and will show up no matter what. If you aren't able to actually take the link anywhere then that means you aren't connected at all. I can unplug my cable connection and still get to that page (because as I mentioned its not actually on the internet but on your PSO disk.)

If this is the only screen you can access then you're not connected. This jpg was taken directly from the PSO disk.

http://s88143030.onlinehome.us/pso_splash.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-03 09:06 ]</font>

Gilla
Mar 4, 2004, 05:01 AM
So it looks like I will have to use a router, thanks for all your help.