PDA

View Full Version : Black Mags

Rainbowlemon
Mar 3, 2004, 10:09 AM
I'm looking for a black mag to develop into a Sato for my HUnewearl. However, whenever I create a character with a black costume the mag always appears grey. Will this effect the final outcome of the mag? I don't want a grey one, but when I feed it to lvl 10 (With a ranger, to get Estlla), it turns into Kalki and appears to be grey. I'm not sure if this is just because it is in it's early stages, or because it is actually grey. Any help would be grateful - Antimony

Hrith
Mar 3, 2004, 10:15 AM
Nope, grey is grey. Try again.
I was very unlucky, too, when creating red outfit characters for an orange mag, took me over 30 tries =/

although I like grey Sato better than black

Rainbowlemon
Mar 3, 2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks Kef. I like the grey Sato, but I'm making a completely all-black character, so it's gotta all fit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ketchup345
Mar 3, 2004, 10:39 AM
Many times if you are trying the top color, it seems to give you the "secondary" color (if it is the top red, you will most likely get Orange). Try selecting the costume color from the other row.

Rainbowlemon
Mar 3, 2004, 10:46 AM
I got it, and ironically it was the first colour row http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Now to get down to business! This may take a while...

minsc
Mar 3, 2004, 01:07 PM
Is there even a black mag? Mine always end up a dark blue.

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2004, 01:19 PM
Click here (http://www.housoka.com/pso/mag/colors.php) and scroll down. It kinda does look like a very dark blue, in a way.

Zeroy
Mar 3, 2004, 05:24 PM
from the right angle it looks like a really dark blue, from other angles it is black. its still considered black though

RadHaz
Mar 3, 2004, 08:34 PM
I have a black Sato, and I can assure you, it is pitch black. From the back, it appears to be a black blob(and this is with component video).

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2004, 09:06 PM
Click here (http://www.housoka.com/pso/mag/gallery.php?mag=sato) and scroll down, for the Sato. It's definately a black blob. It doesn't even have eyes.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 3, 2004, 09:12 PM
Poor thing - I still think it looks cute though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I never really noticed that there was a Cream colored mag. I'm also not quite sure on how the mag system works, for instance:

Say I make a character with a blue outfit, does this mean that the mag can be blue, teal, or light blue? Or is there something that decides on the color properties of a mag following the character skin?

Ketchup345
Mar 3, 2004, 09:19 PM
On 2004-03-03 18:12, Orange_Coconut wrote:
Say I make a character with a blue outfit, does this mean that the mag can be blue, teal, or light blue? Or is there something that decides on the color properties of a mag following the character skin?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1017

Each outfit color only has 2 options (except for the last few).

Myopathy
Mar 4, 2004, 03:09 AM
On 2004-03-03 17:34, RadHaz wrote:
I have a black Sato, and I can assure you, it is pitch black. From the back, it appears to be a black blob(and this is with component video).

It is black in most areas. But in ALL TRUTH, it is verk dark blue. Go to Forest on Normal where it is very light, you'll be able to tell distinctly that it is dark blue. In most other areas those, it looks pitch black, like someone cut a shape of a Sato out of your TV (can't see eyes or anything, just an outline).

Superguppie
Mar 4, 2004, 03:52 AM
Last time I went through Mines I had a blue outfit on. I found 4 MAGs, and it seems they were alternating between the 2 options. 1st one was deep blue, 2nd pale blue, 3rd deep bleu again, 4th another pale blue...

Zolpner
Mar 4, 2004, 04:33 AM
it usually looks dark purple on mine... :*( I want a black mag..

Rainbowlemon
Mar 4, 2004, 10:32 AM
Any other mag reccomedations then? I'm not sure I'm too keen on a black blob...I COULD make another Savitri, the one I have now Has stats that could be refined slightly to give me slightly better ATA and ATP, but I dunno...How about a Nidra? Anyone with a Nidra have an opinion?

Aunt_Betty
Mar 4, 2004, 10:53 AM
I perfer the sato in green.It looks cool.Plus I havE one!

joluh
Mar 4, 2004, 09:42 PM
On 2004-03-04 07:32, Antimony wrote:
Any other mag reccomedations then? I'm not sure I'm too keen on a black blob...I COULD make another Savitri, the one I have now Has stats that could be refined slightly to give me slightly better ATA and ATP, but I dunno...How about a Nidra? Anyone with a Nidra have an opinion?

Nidra = Red Fever...
Black Sato = Yesh looks dark blue... but looks nice on characters with black clothes =D

RadHaz
Mar 5, 2004, 03:11 AM
I'm standing in F1 norm now, and I have my char at an angle where the camera has zoomed on the Sato. It is black, with dark purple ear and forehead accents, and dark green eyes. I think it is the lighting that makes it look "dark blue", as there are parts of it that are bible black, like the black surrounding the purple on the ears, and the lower parts like the legs, but the upper parts are "illuminated", making them less black.
In a normal view, the Sato is just an amorphous black blob. Up close, tho, it looks really cool.
Hmm, in M1 warp room it does look dark blue. Lighting in this game is really tricky. Never looked at this Sato so close before.
This is with an excellent TV, and component video cables. Not bragging or anything, just telling what I'm seeing. (^ ^;

On 2004-03-04 00:09, Ezellaur wrote:

On 2004-03-03 17:34, RadHaz wrote:

It is black in most areas. But in ALL TRUTH, it is verk dark blue. Go to Forest on Normal where it is very light, you'll be able to tell distinctly that it is dark blue. In most other areas those, it looks pitch black, like someone cut a shape of a Sato out of your TV (can't see eyes or anything, just an outline).

PurplePower2
Mar 5, 2004, 01:07 PM
*considers makig a new mag and shivers at the thought*

PurplePower1
Mar 5, 2004, 02:08 PM
Sato are cool because they will match your costume perfectly. i had a HUnewearl with a white costume and pink hair and surprisingly i got a Sato with a white body and Pink Ears. they are also cool because they grow very quick, once past level 100 of course. Mind Satos are very cool. i also like Savitris, Ratis, Devas, and oh yes my favorite: Bhimas!! Purple is my favorite color.

Rainbowlemon
Mar 5, 2004, 05:44 PM
I am now STUCK! I gave up on the Sato, because I decided I didn't want a black blob, and am now stuck between Nidra and Rati, both of which will look good, if I change my costume colour. I have my mag at level 99, all I need to do is feed it one dimate, but I can't decide which to go for!