Mar 3, 2004, 12:16 PM
Please read this first!

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1282

and then consult this

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?secver=4

and welcome to Ep 3!

Zaneatron
Mar 3, 2004, 12:29 PM
yay! follow this, or ill have to come mace you all.

we should all worship lolli's feet for the wisdom she hast bestowed upon us, so please dont spam the forum with question that have been answered in these guides!

read them through, if your still confused, I am willing to answer PM's on the subject, and im sure others are too. just dont make a million and one topics on it, please http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 3, 2004, 12:37 PM
A quick note to new episode III users. If you are on dialup, please note that it takes a bit longer for the ship select to come up than it did in episode 1&2 when you sign on.

Arislan
Mar 4, 2004, 09:55 AM
I'm up for taking questions as well. Resident guru that somehow has managed to not get any cards here, despite knowing what all of them do.

CKaz
Mar 5, 2004, 02:54 PM
Hey great resources here, much appreciated, I plan to go out and pick up EPIII. However being an offline only player, I do still have the couple following questions-

1) are there a lot of planned dl only quests? I wouldn't really have any way to get this on my card so with that an auction.. just trying to gage how much I'm going to be missing out on.

2) how engaging for 2 player? I got my wife involved with pso for awhile but we eventually tired of it. couldn't quest together or even do the story mode together (just those silly messages but still), the size of screen and camera angles for boss fights were quite challenging, and I had to go through and do a LOT of unlocking of solo story mode so we could play the spots we'd want to past forest.

I'd rather play co-operative as she's likely going to be less diehard than me as she was with PSOI&II, so is there story mode, quests, and/or battle mode co-ops? I'll look around more for this too.

co-op also seems to make a lot more sense from the standpoint we'll probably always seeing both eachothers cards right?? lol

EDIT- ah I went back to the first link there, looks like NO co-op storymode or questmode. I'm guessing battle mode, both of us on one side, and 1-2 comps on the other side, is the only option there for me, right? Ah well :b

3) I'm looking at card limitations, being only offline looks like some can never be mine. Well so it goes. But I also noticed a bunch of cards come by having some save games, and some of them I saw on no other list, so maybe I could get a clarification-

PSO I&II Nano Dragon + : Arkz card R4, can find offline normally?
Billy Hatcher & Egg : Clippen.. what is this? save game/ Event only?
SA2:Battle : Rage - R4, listed all over the place
SA:DX : Sange - R4, can find offline normally?

Sonic Heroes: Beat - is this actually Sinow Beat or something else? Guessing 'event' if not Sinow?
Also Hallo Rappy & Sonic Knuckles, listed elsewhere. Seems like a pretty good one with all that..!

Finally Sonic Mega Collection : Madam's Umbrella N1

Now I have a bunch of Sega games.. on my DC, Saturn, and Genesis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Unfortunately I only have PSO I&II from this list, do I need these saves at the time I start the game to get them, can I get these extra cards later or on another character? Are any of these tradeable between my offline characters at all? Or in fact are they all 'event'/non-tradable?

I'm not about to go out and buy all those (especially since I own a couple of them on their original platforms) but I was kicking around at least renting one or two since I have a few game rental coupons hanging around.

Well enough chatter, appreciate any help, thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CKaz on 2004-03-05 12:23 ]</font>

Arislan
Mar 5, 2004, 11:03 PM
I'll field this one.

1) are there a lot of planned dl only quests? I wouldn't really have any way to get this on my card so with that an auction.. just trying to gage how much I'm going to be missing out on.

Right now, there are 2 DL quests, only available n the JP version. We have no idea if there are going to be a ton more, it's really up to Sonic Team.

2) how engaging for 2 player?
Well, the Offline mode, plotwise is very expansive. 2 Players can't access offline quest mode, but the 1v1 or 2v2 play is about as entertaining as online. You'll probably be up for a lot of solo play in any case though, just to raise card levels.

3) Card Limitations

The only cards you have to have save files for are Billy Hatcher for Clippen and Sonic Heroes for Beat, Halo Rappy, and Sonic Knuckles. Everything else can be gained through gameplay itself. Well worth renting the two games for the cards, as they can't be gained normally and (at least Halo Rappy) are decently useful.

Aunt_Betty
Mar 6, 2004, 03:18 PM
I heard on offline you have to unlock the decks.

If your online are they all unlocked?

Zaneatron
Mar 6, 2004, 03:23 PM
On 2004-03-06 12:18, Aunt_Betty wrote:
I heard on offline you have to unlock the decks.

If your online are they all unlocked?

offline you have to unlock enemy decks, but doing this unlocks them online, so it works out.
its basically another encouragement to play offline for a bit.

CKaz
Mar 6, 2004, 05:09 PM
On 2004-03-05 20:03, Arislan wrote:
The only cards you have to have save files for are Billy Hatcher for Clippen and Sonic Heroes for Beat, Halo Rappy, and Sonic Knuckles. Everything else can be gained through gameplay itself. Well worth renting the two games for the cards, as they can't be gained normally and (at least Halo Rappy) are decently useful.

Ok great, that's what I seemed to get out of doing some checking around and looking at card databases. Probably end up nabbing the title today or tomorrow. One last thing though, can I get those save files AFTER I already start a game? May not have my 2 rentals done prior (I get a free coupon a month)..

thanks!

Arislan
Mar 6, 2004, 05:49 PM
Yes, it can be done at any time. I'm still looking for a copy of Sonic Heroes or Ep 3 Trial for those 3 cards, and when I do finally catch a copy, I'll still be able to use it.

Tsukitesua
Mar 7, 2004, 12:03 AM
way new here what up with the talking of billy and S.H and stuff ? *<_>* confused

LollipopLolita
Mar 7, 2004, 03:56 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1965

CKaz
Mar 7, 2004, 11:45 AM
On 2004-03-06 14:49, Arislan wrote:
Yes, it can be done at any time. I'm still looking for a copy of Sonic Heroes or Ep 3 Trial for those 3 cards, and when I do finally catch a copy, I'll still be able to use it.

ep3 trial? what card(s) did that one have?
was that released in the US or Japan only (import)?

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 11:49 AM
Japan only, through Sega Direct. Essentially Ep3 Beta. Gives the same 3 cards that Sonic Heroes gives (Beat, Halo Rappy, and Sonic Knuckles)

LollipopLolita
Mar 7, 2004, 12:30 PM
Here's some pics if you wanna see

http://www.pso-world.com/screenshots.php?category=GameCube+Episode+III+Tria l+Screenshots&subcategory=Cards

Zebulan7
Mar 7, 2004, 03:26 PM
I know this is far flung, but if I save my Ep 3 on the same one as my Ep 1+2, would anything happen if Ep 1+2 corrupted?

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 03:30 PM
Well, when my Ep 3 corrupted before Famitsu Cup, my Ep 1 and 2 were fine, so it should be the same the other way around.

Tsukitesua
Mar 7, 2004, 04:44 PM
Ok does sceticon id effect you any way or is it all show ta keep ya entertnad or what iam Oran ta let ya know
P.S.like the cards ya get

neo9376
Mar 7, 2004, 10:26 PM
three questions does the pack you choose after a battle effect anything, what storyline is easier, and what do you suggest my deck by as a CLv3 Hunter using Sil'fir?

SpishackCola
Mar 7, 2004, 10:57 PM
Finally decided to register and join in with fellow pso gamers here. Didn't find this site until well after I got pso 1&2 for my gc.

Now on to my question.

I'm not sure if I'm just not finding it on you ep3 faqs and stuff but I decided to gamble on some cards after a tournament earlier today. After about the 5th time (I had 1600 at the time) a special "super capsule coin" or something to that effect came out with the card. Any idea what I'm supposed to do with this? I talked to some people in the ship and nothing happened. Nothing new showed up on the Pinz's shop screen. Since yout inventory is cards only will it still be there after I log off (I've logged off/on twice since then)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpishackCola on 2004-03-08 01:33 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Mar 8, 2004, 01:33 AM
Ok does sceticon id effect you any way or is it all show ta keep ya entertnad or what iam Oran ta let ya know
P.S.like the cards ya get

no

does the pack you choose after a battle effect anything,

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1525

what storyline is easier,

hunters

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 8, 2004, 04:38 AM
Well, the Billy Hatcher and the giant egg appears to still be in the code. hold B and G at the same time on the title screen until it crosses over into the video of the cards and such.

Arislan
Mar 8, 2004, 06:30 PM
The Special Coin just means that you use the Special Gacha machine instead for that round, which has some high level cards like Egg Rappy and Saint Rappy.

SpishackCola
Mar 8, 2004, 06:46 PM
I figured as much that there was a special machine. The problem is I have no idea where it is if it isn't at the Pinz counter. As mentioned before I talked to Pinz again and just got the same 3 50, 100, 150 gambling options.
I check under the guides and misc ep3 pages and couldn't find anything about it. Seems like I already wasted my one and only special coin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Arislan
Mar 8, 2004, 08:35 PM
When you get the coin, you immediately use it in that special machine instead. So the card that you get comes from there, instead of the 50/100/150 meseta machine you wanted to spend it on originally. You didn't waste the coin. ^_^

SpishackCola
Mar 8, 2004, 09:12 PM
Ahhhhhh! Thank you very much Arislan! I was a little worried there for a moment http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Makojin
Mar 9, 2004, 07:48 PM
On the first or second day of the US release I took a snapshot from viewing a game. I tried to upload the pic to my computer using PSO Proxy, but when I tried to connect it wouldn't load the page that was on my computer. Has anyone else tried to use PSO proxy, and is so has it worked? If it doesn't work, does anyone know if someone might be working on a new proxy or something like for ep 3?

Servbot41
Mar 9, 2004, 08:05 PM
hows the length of this game? (offline) I mean...its long (two sides) but...hows replay work? higher difficulties (like ep 1 and 2) or what?
thanks!
*edit* how do tournaments work? online only? then how do you get money to buy cards offline?
Im so confused http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
*LAST EDIT*
online...is it visa versa? as in...register for ep 3 and get 1 and 2 also?
thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Servbot41 on 2004-03-09 17:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Servbot41 on 2004-03-09 17:12 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2004, 08:20 PM
you can replay one side once you finish it the first time. and you replay it twice at least to get the full story

for the rest of your questions

so you can only buy cards online

one hl will work for both ep 1&2 and ep 3

Servbot41
Mar 9, 2004, 08:23 PM
ah...so youre saying...you play through with one side (cant switch until you beat the game with that side) and then can choose to play that side again or switch sides? so you can play through the game a total of 4 times?
lol I must sound like an idiot...

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2004, 08:28 PM
you can switch sides. once you finish one side, you can play it all over again from beginning to end. once you finish both side and then replay one side, you see the final boss at the end.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2014

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-03-09 17:29 ]</font>

Servbot41
Mar 9, 2004, 08:32 PM
ah ok...*last question*
do you retain your card levels when replaying? and can you replay as many times as you want?
sorry to bother you so much *insert sweatdrop smiley*
thanks!

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2004, 08:44 PM
your card level is your character level

you can lose and gain exp so you can lose and gain clvl

yes you can replay as many times as you want. try reading the guides first.

Servbot41
Mar 9, 2004, 08:50 PM
I dont think you understood me...I meant do you retain your character(s) clvl when you replay? for example...you have a clvl of 50, when you replay does that char still have a clvl of 50?
thanks!

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2004, 08:53 PM
well of course you do, like any other pso game? like any other game that saves progress on the memory card. why would st have your clvl reset all the time?

but like i said in my answer, if you lose exp and go below the exp break mark, you will lose one level.

Saladwood
Mar 9, 2004, 08:55 PM
On 2004-03-09 17:50, Servbot41 wrote:
I dont think you understood me...I meant do you retain your character(s) clvl when you replay? for example...you have a clvl of 50, when you replay does that char still have a clvl of 50?
thanks!

yes, like any other game out there that has levels, and saves its progress in some form, you get to keep your current level, just as long as you remember to save your game.

think about it before you ask a question that simple.

Servbot41
Mar 9, 2004, 08:58 PM
well...I was kinda thinking if you keep your card lvl and you get better cards earlier in the game, and the difficulty doesnt go up, then the game would get much easier...apparently not
yeah...thanks though

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2004, 09:06 PM
what? you get better cards earlier in the game? whoever told you that

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2016

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1865

honestly sit down and read the faq's we have, and it would answer a whole lot of your questions. not only that, you get the facts.

Blackwaltz-R
Mar 10, 2004, 02:24 PM
your Clv doesnt mean ANYTHING, its just a result of winning, NO attributes go up at all, its all about how much meseta you accumulate in tourny, the more meseta u get, the higher your rank goes, and the higher your rank, the better the cards you get, your limited to what cards you can get playing only offline, so it doesnt matter if your Clv went down or not, its just a desguised prcess of winning alot and getting more cards, which is the primary goal, that way you dont get disattisfied when you dont get any good cards for a while, as long as you THINK your gaining something by leveling, and yes the difficulty online DOES go up, thatd be a dumb thing if they didnt, each char has better decks for each time you beat the game, the more you beat offline, the more crucial their decks get.

Shattered_weasel
Mar 10, 2004, 05:36 PM
It came out..... wow im slow.

Zaneatron
Mar 10, 2004, 05:41 PM
On 2004-03-10 11:24, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
your Clv doesnt mean ANYTHING, its just a result of winning, NO attributes go up at all, its all about how much meseta you accumulate in tourny, the more meseta u get, the higher your rank goes, and the higher your rank, the better the cards you get, your limited to what cards you can get playing only offline, so it doesnt matter if your Clv went down or not, its just a desguised prcess of winning alot and getting more cards, which is the primary goal, that way you dont get disattisfied when you dont get any good cards for a while, as long as you THINK your gaining something by leveling, and yes the difficulty online DOES go up, thatd be a dumb thing if they didnt, each char has better decks for each time you beat the game, the more you beat offline, the more crucial their decks get.

ahhhhhhhh, get it right, please. CLv doesnt effect much, but clv is the thing that effects what cards you get. your not going to get fucking SS rank cards at level 5 just because your GOD:1. the ranking is basically for bragging rights, it doesnt affect jack squat apart from the animation you have in the lobby, and the number above your head.
yes, tournaments are an important part of the game, but its not the be all and end all of ep3, its just so that the game is measurable, based on how many people have played online.
being a GOD or a Rank doesnt affect you as a player whatsoever.

LollipopLolita
Mar 10, 2004, 05:48 PM

oh boy...

READ THE DAMN GUIDES

you get better rarity cards if your level goes up

your battle rank doesn't have to do with the quality of cards only quantity

your tournament rank doesn't matter when it comes to getting cards

meseta is for buyng cards

there are no difficulty levels but you get to face off more difficult opponents with good decks

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2016

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-03-10 14:48 ]</font>

Alena Zouryx
Mar 11, 2004, 12:24 PM
*tip toes into the flame war thread..*

Um..er..I hope this hasn't been asked yet but...

What exactly causes your Exp/CLvl to go down?

Is your rank (God/Lord/Rookie, etc) determined by competing in tournaments?

Is it good to be in tournaments and lose, or do you only get rewarded if you win?

Zaneatron
Mar 11, 2004, 02:03 PM
On 2004-03-11 09:24, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
*tip toes into the flame war thread..*

Um..er..I hope this hasn't been asked yet but...

What exactly causes your Exp/CLvl to go down?

Gaining experiance from winning matches

Is your rank (God/Lord/Rookie, etc) determined by competing in tournaments?

Technically yes, your rank goes up based on the total amount of meseta you have won, not to be confused with the amount you have on you. and meseta can only be won online, in tournaments.

Is it good to be in tournaments and lose, or do you only get rewarded if you win?

yes, you only get a reward if you win. a loss can lose you experiance, but that is all, you wont lose meseta.

Alena Zouryx
Mar 11, 2004, 02:18 PM
So you lose experience whenever you lose a battle? Wow...no wonder it takes me so long to level up...

Zaneatron
Mar 11, 2004, 03:04 PM
you should only lose exp on ships with a /B by their name, like Antares/B or Deneb/B. otherwise, you shouldnt lose exp anywhere. most of the time offline you wont lose exp for a loss, but sometimes you do :S

Servbot41
Mar 11, 2004, 07:12 PM
erm...its me again...
I was thinking about the dice rolls...and it seems like they dont get high enough to do anything big...I mean after youve SET cards, MOVED, and are ready to attack, it seems like you wouldnt have many atk points left! so is it like...you get set up, and then start beating on the other people? <--if that made sense...

Zaneatron
Mar 13, 2004, 03:19 AM
well, as a hunter, running at the opposition with nothing on is a fairly dumb idea, seeing your more likely to die this way, and more quickly too.

as an arkz, its is recommended that you dont run a whole lot, let your monsters do the work for you. some people like to use their char to their advantage though. with characters like break/memory/reiz. break and memoru have high TP so people will on occasion move them up and tech you. and reiz has pierce, so can be quite useful too.

so yes, as a hunter it is preffered to equip items, then move into battle, so you have more ATK to use action cards.

Servbot41
Mar 13, 2004, 11:08 AM
ah ok...I got it now

I finally played it! w00t w00t! yeah...pretty cool...must say I favor the arkz side...hehe

Majadamus
Mar 17, 2004, 03:38 PM
Umm...my first question and post. I got the game the week it was released and I love the game.

Ok, now the problem I'm having is I am now able to select different characters in offline mode, but I'm having trouble tryung to use the new characters. When I try to select a character it just says Default H and Default D and it is dimmed. I looked in the manual and I couldn't find an answer, can someone help me? plz. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zaneatron
Mar 17, 2004, 03:45 PM
all you have done is unlock the characters for use. the only way to use characters is with a deck. so you need to build a deck using the particular character. you shouldnt be using the default decks anymore, its not against the rules, but the point is for you to make your own decks. also, you cant use who you want in all the offline quests, you'll have to use some different characters at some point.
you should have some nice cards as well by now, so just go to the edid deck desk, and select the new deck option, first off you will be greeted with a roster of characters, select one you like, and that should be based on stats and ability, not whether you find them attractive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Majadamus
Mar 17, 2004, 03:47 PM
Alright, thanx man. Can't wait to go home and play now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

3v1L19
Mar 24, 2004, 10:59 AM
Make sure to check the stats on each Char and figure out the power AP and Movement abilities.

BogusKun
Mar 28, 2004, 05:51 PM
A tip on Tourney battles for the new ones...

I would like to refresh this but...

If you're not sure about "how good" a player may be fighting against you... check the rank to be safe, so you wont be wasting your time.

-Bye

Kazlan
Apr 2, 2004, 06:36 PM
I am confused I think I will be gettin the game tomarrow but I was reading the character stats and all of the characters already had names when you play one player do you get pick your character names? Also in multiplayer can you play on a team,is there quests in offline multiplayer, and is it true that all the same type of characters no matter what you made them like always look like the default in a battle?

Hrith
Apr 4, 2004, 09:06 AM
I'm not creating a topic about it, but after hearing from Rabblerouser about poeple that could hack their ranks in Ep3, I took that snapshot :
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/h4xx0r.png

Do you know him ?
I am guessing that hackers would hack their Lv to 999, but that guy is a "E" and already Lv 313 =/

so is it true ? are there hackers ? like Rab said, that sucks cuz it takes the 1st places in the ranks.
Again, like VulpesMundi said, more players -- hackers or not -- makes more room, too.

Well I hope nothing will dampen your fun guys, I'm back to EpI&II http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kazlan
Apr 4, 2004, 11:59 AM
that sucks my clv is only 2 lol

Arislan
Apr 7, 2004, 09:15 AM
Its not a hack on the US version, it's just a player using the JP version with the English AR code on. Depending on the code, it will set your langauge to E when you go online.

diospadre
Apr 11, 2004, 07:11 PM
Do the TP of SC's and weapons stack? If the SC has a higher TP than the weapon, should I cast through the character instead of the weapon?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: diospadre on 2004-04-11 17:15 ]</font>

Arislan
Apr 12, 2004, 09:47 AM
Yes, they stack. And when you have a weapon equipped, you always cast through it unless:
The weapon is Tech Unable
The tech uses SC characters only

Alisha
Apr 15, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-03-11 12:04, Zaneatron wrote:
you should only lose exp on ships with a /B by their name, like Antares/B or Deneb/B. otherwise, you shouldnt lose exp anywhere. most of the time offline you wont lose exp for a loss, but sometimes you do :S

im at a point where if i lose offline in story mode i reset the game or else i lose 15 exp i believe this is the cap though because it started around lvl 50 and im now lvl 73 and is till lose only 15