PDA

View Full Version : American Pie Vs Matrix

witicer_754
Mar 3, 2004, 06:17 PM
I dont know if this has been done before if it has just let me know.So I just want to know which of the Trilogys is your favorite?American Pie or The Matrix

Rainbowlemon
Mar 3, 2004, 06:20 PM
I really liked the first American Pie, but it started losing its touch for the second and the third. There's not much originality to American Pie as well, although there are some pretty funny bits in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I just think the Matrix has a much more, intricate, interesting plot, which kept me wanting more at the end.

Hrith
Mar 3, 2004, 06:25 PM
American Pie versus Matrix ? :S

Why not Bambi vs Hellraiser ?

Dangerous55
Mar 3, 2004, 06:29 PM
Different movies, can't compare them at all.

shifter
Mar 3, 2004, 06:32 PM
wheres the "both suck" button. i looked all over the page and couldnt find it. neither was any good after the first movie(american pie 2 had its moments).chalk another one up to peolpe trying to milk that cash cow.

undevil
Mar 3, 2004, 07:06 PM
Well, it is all about cash.

And I vote American Pie because I personally think the Matrix sucked. All 3.

s.TiNgEr
Mar 3, 2004, 08:19 PM
The Matrix wins my vote by a hair

Allos
Mar 3, 2004, 09:03 PM
Why the hell are we comparing two movies that aren't even in the same genre???

metermore
Mar 3, 2004, 09:05 PM
matrix was great
ive never seen american pie though but i dont intend to either

Outrider
Mar 3, 2004, 10:21 PM
On 2004-03-03 18:03, Allos wrote:
Why the hell are we comparing two movies that aren't even in the same genre???

I don't think we have anything better to do.

Next we'll compare the Land Before Time series and the James Bond movies.

Guile
Mar 3, 2004, 11:22 PM
I think they both were'nt that great...

Thepandaman
Mar 4, 2004, 02:38 AM
at the end of the first matrix, I thought, wow, neo's so cool...but I just didn't get that impression after the second and third ones.
You just can't beat that fight at the end of the matrix against agent smith:)

BogusKun
Mar 4, 2004, 12:50 PM
2 Good American Pie (1/2) movies.

1 Good Matrix Movie (1st one)

Outrider
Mar 4, 2004, 01:51 PM
On 2004-03-03 23:38, Thepandaman wrote:
You just can't beat that fight at the end of the matrix against agent smith:)

Yeah, except Dragonball Z did it years earlier.

pixelate
Mar 4, 2004, 11:18 PM
Which one had boobs in it?

_Sinue_
Mar 5, 2004, 04:42 AM
Lord of the Rings.

Matrix was great when it was just a single flick - but the last two in the series kinda killed it for me. Reloaded was alright, but Revolutions just sucked IMO.

American Pie is good too, but I wouldn't consider it a great flick by any means. The sequals left a lot to be desired.

The Terminator was a great trilogy as well.. at least.. up until Terminator 3. I dunno who the hell directed it, but it sure as hell wasn't James Cameron. The movie just ended up the same way Jurassic Park III did... trying to capitolize on what made it famous, but failing miserably to capture the spirit and atmosphere of the first two films.

Back to the Future Trilogy was good.. but they (as stand alone flicks and as a set) just can't compair to many of the other trilogys out there. At least, thankfully, it was consistant and good throughout - even if it wasn't great.

So yeah.. LOTR - one of the few trilogys out there to be not only epic and involving - but consistant throughout the entire series.

Noobliterator
Mar 5, 2004, 10:27 AM
Matrix by a long shot. but LOTR was better