PDA

View Full Version : Both of my characters corrupted today

diospadre
Apr 18, 2001, 01:43 AM
Today was the worst day in my PSO career. I loaded up the game, only to find that my level 84 Humar could not be used. After some swearing I decided to move on and paly with my racaseal. I played for a little while, and when I went to quit it said that the game couldn't be saved. So now I have nothing. No level, no mag, no items. 150 hours of work is gone.

I want to start another character, butI simply don't have the will to slowly take another character through the tedium of normal mode. Are there any kind souls out there who would mind sparing a high level mag so I can level quickly. Thank you for your consideration.

Danger_Girl
Apr 18, 2001, 03:10 AM
*sob* thats so sad. I swear to you I had a nightmare tonight that my character was corrupted. I can remember it vividly. I was in a game with VampireLR and someone who I've never seen. For some reason I had to exit the game. When I attempted to get back on I got the corrupted file thing. Alas even with Reverser and moons, we are all mortal in the end.

I'm short on high level mags but I'll give you a loner till you get to hard or v-hard. P-M me a meeting time if your interested.

Cube
Apr 18, 2001, 03:39 AM
I will lend u my Spare lv 200 mag. Its a power mag, i beleive 130 power, 60 def, ect..

Faewyn
Apr 18, 2001, 08:26 AM
This aspect of PSO is the most frustrating for me. My first character was corrupted as happened to you after 2 weeks of playing PSO 24/7 right when it was released. Then I learned how to backup my character via email, but I had to start from scratch. When that character become corrupted (at 78 hours of game play), it was the very weekend Sega banned backup characters. I logged on with a backup and had that wonderful screen tell me that my character was a corrupt game file and that Sega needed to reinitilize my character. Wiped all items and meseta in the bank and on hand. Replaced my spread needle with a handgun. My level 200 mag with a level 5 mag. What a drag. But I didn't have to start over (though it felt like it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I am anxious for PSO v2 just for the new saving routines... I am hoping this buggy problem has been eliminated. I can feel your pain, man. I almost stopped playing PSO the second time it happened. Now I still backup via email. I know my characters items will be wiped if I restore from the backup, but at least I won't lose my character... It's a small consolation.

Hey, didn't Ambrai figure out how to make backups. It was a fair piece of VMU swapping alchemy. I haven't had the inclination to figure it out. Anybody else?

Faewyn Wraith

Omege12
Apr 18, 2001, 08:38 AM
Most of the time though, people are just careless. Just be careful and you hopefully won't loose a character.

Sisqua
Apr 18, 2001, 09:56 AM
Diospadre - that really really really really sucks... I'm so sorry! I lost my lvl 100 RAmar only a couple of weeks ago. But to be positive, I've managed to get my new FOnewearl up to level 55 already. I didn't think I'd want to put in the effort either, but so many people encouraged me both on and off the game that it made it easier. Don't give up! You can do it!!!

Omege12 - I think your comment about most people being careless is a bit insensitive. I think most people that have lost chars will find it that way as well. I assume from your flippant remark, that you are NOT one of us who were NOT careless but still lost our char. It's especially true of those of us who are European who have no way of backing up our players using the email method because our browsers don't support it.

Dio - if you want a lvl 200 mag, I have a one u can have. It's mainly a dex mag because I wanted to be able to use good guns quickly, so you're probably best off with it if u make a Ranger.

Good luck!

S.

Lmnopia
Apr 18, 2001, 12:59 PM
I had a nightmare that my brakes went out when i was driving down the road oh wait that wasn't a nightmare.... oh welll

that sucks about you're char tho...

Spy
Apr 18, 2001, 01:51 PM
heh, on the topic of nightmares, I have some pretty good ones.

One time I was being chased by some cartoonie zombie thing in a complex of ladders and catwalks, and it would mirrior my movements to a T, and I would run and run, even though it never gained on me at all. I would fall down off the really tall shit and never get hurt, just had to watch out for the stalker landing on me. That was a weird one.

And then there's my insomniatic dreams, where I hallucinate. This actually had some PSO related incidents, where I would hear chaos bringers always right behind me, ready to charge. Oh, and then driving. That sucked cause every car on the road looked like a pig on patrol. It sucked.

Yup, I am crazy...

Vash-the-stampedo
Apr 23, 2001, 06:06 PM
Spy, were you doing heavy doses of some really good drugs that day or something? hehe...those sound like some funky dreams, i wish i had them kind, only dreams i hate is when im falling down a hole or something and when i hit ground i actually jump a little startled, and wake up..hate that