PDA

View Full Version : Elly

KingChaos
Mar 4, 2004, 06:13 PM
Is Elly The Girl In Ep II Once You Complete VR's A RAnewearl?

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 4, 2004, 06:34 PM
Elly is the FOnewearl from the Episode I quest, Knowing One's Heart.

I emphasize, Elly is a FOnewearl.

Zeroy
Mar 4, 2004, 07:48 PM
there is no such thing as a Ranewearl...

Elly looks cooler in Ep2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

joluh
Mar 4, 2004, 07:59 PM
On 2004-03-04 16:48, Zeroy wrote:
there is no such thing as a Ranewearl...

Elly looks cooler in Ep2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I think RAnewearls do exist... except you can't pick them as playable character ((maybe... i have a HUnewm =D))

After all, some time ago, RAmarls, FOmars and HUcaseals didn't exist right!?!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And yeah, Elly looks better on Ep2 =D

Jack
Mar 5, 2004, 03:41 AM
IIRC, Newman Rangers can't exist for some reasons. Probably due to the Newman's general lack of ATA.

navci
Mar 5, 2004, 04:15 AM
On 2004-03-05 00:41, Jack wrote:
IIRC, Newman Rangers can't exist for some reasons. Probably due to the Newman's general lack of ATA.

*ahem* FOnewearl has best ATA out of all the FOs.

I believe HUnewearl_Meira mentioned it before, it is the dislike of heavy armouries and weapons that makes newman rangers impossible.

And Elly is actually a civilian. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Mar 5, 2004, 07:19 AM
On 2004-03-05 01:15, navi wrote:
*ahem* FOnewearl has best ATA out of all the FOs.

Forces aren't built for ATA. Techniques don't use it. ;p

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2004, 09:58 AM
Techs may not, but the Human FOs, generally considered the 'melee' FOs, are screwed over by their lack of it. >_<; Stupid ST.

On-topic: Elly > j00.

... Cal > j00, too.

Outrider
Mar 5, 2004, 10:05 AM
On 2004-03-05 06:58, Ian-KunX wrote:
Techs may not, but the Human FOs, generally considered the 'melee' FOs, are screwed over by their lack of it. >_<; Stupid ST.

... Cal > j00, too.

Cal > Elly or Elly > Cal?

KingChaos
Mar 5, 2004, 01:12 PM
well its not like RAmarl wear heavy armors

navci
Mar 5, 2004, 01:21 PM
On 2004-03-05 10:12, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

Think about the weapons they use. Shots, Photon launchers, I think that is the kinda thing that makes newman rangers impossible.

Though, you might wanna consult HUnewearl_Meira for confirmations.

KingChaos
Mar 5, 2004, 03:53 PM
well look at Ellys Clothes

Alielle
Mar 5, 2004, 05:06 PM
On 2004-03-05 10:21, navi wrote:

On 2004-03-05 10:12, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

Think about the weapons they use. Shots, Photon launchers, I think that is the kinda thing that makes newman rangers impossible.

Though, you might wanna consult HUnewearl_Meira for confirmations.

Why not? Consider the HUnewm (http://selan.jbcomptech.com:81/files/images/HUnewm.jpg). HUnewearls aren't exactly flimsy, either.

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2004, 06:12 PM
On 2004-03-05 07:05, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-03-05 06:58, Ian-KunX wrote:

... Cal > j00, too.

Cal > Elly or Elly > Cal?

Elly = Cal, of course. They're sort of a matched set. XP

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 5, 2004, 06:29 PM
The Newman race has never liked using guns as weapons. Ever. They're best with quick melee weapons.

Furthermore, while HUmarls and HUnewms may indeed exist, it is as uncharacteristic of Newmans to be Rangers as it is uncharacteristic of Androids to be Forces. It is simply against their nature.

AND WHY THE HECK DO PEOPLE WANT TO THINK THAT AN EPISODE ONE FONEWEARL IS A RANGER?!?! FOR THE LOVE OF GREAT CHEESE! YOU ARE PRESENTED WITH THIS CHARACTER'S HUNTER CLASS IN EPISODE ONE!!!

Come on, people. Use some common sense. It doesn't take an advanced mathematics professor to figure out that FOnewearl = FOnewearl. Identity property, people.

In any case, just as Sonic Team didn't design any FOcasts or FOcaseals, they didn't design any RAnewms or RAnewearls. The expressed sentiment for this in the BOOK OF HUNTERS is that Newmans don't like to tote around heavy guns, and by far prefer light melee weapons or techs. They are quick and greatly dislike being weighed down.

To quote the description of the original Newearl, Nei, from Phantasy Star 2...

Lithe and agile like an animal, she hates carrying a heavy load.

Normally in Phantasy Star 2, if you try to equip an item to a character that can't use it, it tells you, "Kain cannot equip this item". Or Rolf, or Anna, or Amy or Rudo, or whoever it may happen to be. However, if you try to give Nei, say, a gun or sword it tells you, "Nei refuses to equip this item."

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that HUnewearls submit themselves to so much as picking up swords.

joluh
Mar 5, 2004, 07:05 PM
Nice nice, thanks for all the info VG
Also about the HUnewm... YUCK!!! that's ugly, why no one ever shows the unocolored one, that's what a HUnewm sould be

Didn't know about that Newmans hate heavy things, but HEY there's always some exception =) ALWAYS!!!

And well about HUnewearls using swords, well they already use sabers, claws, daggers, etc, why not trying a heavy one, a change from time to time doesn't affect you at all ^.^

BlackHound2
Mar 5, 2004, 09:00 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself;)

BlackHound2
Mar 5, 2004, 09:03 PM
I see no reason why I can't have a FOcast!

*ahem* besides... the fact that androids can't use magic and newmans can't use traps!!
(traps...heh heh...)Otherwise, why not?

joluh
Mar 5, 2004, 09:17 PM
On 2004-03-05 18:03, BlackHound2 wrote:
I see no reason why I can't have a FOcast!

*ahem* besides... the fact that androids can't use magic and newmans can't use traps!!
(traps...heh heh...)Otherwise, why not?

Yeah, and well they could throw electric, ice or fire balls or something... remember someone called SAMUS!?!? =)

Also it's not MAGIC after all... they are techniques, but it's going offtopic, so blah

Zolpner
Mar 5, 2004, 09:31 PM
Samus is a female human... so if you were thinking she would be counted as a ceasel in PSO.. you were wrong.

If you knew this and I missed the real point you were making, meh.

KingChaos
Mar 6, 2004, 05:14 AM
but she has the clothes of a RAmarl and The Ears Of A Newman

Nai_Calus
Mar 6, 2004, 07:03 AM
...No, no she doesn't.

Here, let me show you.

Elly:

http://www.iankunx.net/elly3.gif

ERI(L107 RAmarl):

http://www.iankunx.net/eri_1.jpg

Elly doesn't look anything at all like a RAmarl re what she wears. O_o; She's a civilian with a unique costume, same as ep2 Nol.

DezoPenguin
Mar 6, 2004, 09:05 AM
Furthermore, while HUmarls and HUnewms may indeed exist, it is as uncharacteristic of Newmans to be Rangers as it is uncharacteristic of Androids to be Forces. It is simply against their nature.

Ah, the fun of genetically-inbred psychology. But I certainly can't argue with you, given the wardrobe choices of the newmen. Personally, I think the FOnewm wardrobe is the result of the newearl's "I will parade around in halter tops, fishnets, one-pieces with giant mesh inserts, and backless skirts that flash my panties" programming reacting to either the lack of a genetic marker on the Y chromosome or a male's differing hormonal balance.

AND WHY THE HECK DO PEOPLE WANT TO THINK THAT AN EPISODE ONE FONEWEARL IS A RANGER?!?! FOR THE LOVE OF GREAT CHEESE! YOU ARE PRESENTED WITH THIS CHARACTER'S HUNTER CLASS IN EPISODE ONE!!!

Come on, people. Use some common sense. It doesn't take an advanced mathematics professor to figure out that FOnewearl = FOnewearl. Identity property, people.

I blame the fact that all through Knowing One's Heart she never casts any techs, just shoots things with her gun. Clearly she's not a very competent FOnewearl, not at all unlike Nol. Honestly, I see both of them as civilians, not members of their respective classes (Nol even alludes to this in "Journalistic Pursuit" when she says "These clothes? Oh, they're a disguise."), and the game just needed some way to represent them on screen. For Elly, the closest model was FOnewearl (plus I really don't see Elly going for a HUnewearl wardrobe). Their Episode II depictions seem closest to the truth.

But Elly is nonetheless quite clearly a FOnewearl by her Ep. I costume, and certainly not a Ranger of any type.

In any case, just as Sonic Team didn't design any FOcasts or FOcaseals, they didn't design any RAnewms or RAnewearls. The expressed sentiment for this in the BOOK OF HUNTERS is that Newmans don't like to tote around heavy guns, and by far prefer light melee weapons or techs. They are quick and greatly dislike being weighed down.

To quote the description of the original Newearl, Nei, from Phantasy Star 2...

Lithe and agile like an animal, she hates carrying a heavy load.

Normally in Phantasy Star 2, if you try to equip an item to a character that can't use it, it tells you, "Kain cannot equip this item". Or Rolf, or Anna, or Amy or Rudo, or whoever it may happen to be. However, if you try to give Nei, say, a gun or sword it tells you, "Nei refuses to equip this item."

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that HUnewearls submit themselves to so much as picking up swords.

Sue's right. Science is not as all-powerful as they'd like us to believe. I can understand the lack of FO-androids; since androids cannot use techniques, there would be no point in such a class (and even if the techs were replaced with some kind of Wren-like internal weapons units, the training to use them would be more Ranger-like anyway). But to create an entire race of people who'd go "Eeew, yuck! Pick up a big, heavy rifle and shoot it! That's just too cumbersome for my poor widdle newman body, and besides, it doesn't accessorize with my floppy hat"...there's some flaws there.

(Come to think of it, why does Montague put up with that Bringer Rifle?)

Kupi
Mar 6, 2004, 09:26 AM
On 2004-03-06 06:05, DezoPenguin wrote:

Probably because he made it. I seriously doubt that he would set out to make a gun out of an enemy's arm and then refuse to use it.

Or maybe his obviously superior intelligence allows him to circumvent the totally unfounded prejudices of other Newmen. =P

navci
Mar 6, 2004, 03:05 PM
On 2004-03-06 06:05, DezoPenguin wrote:

Have you noticed though, a lot of the D-cellular lifeform (Dark attribute enemies) are empty inside. They have big empty spaces inside of their body, which makes me to believe that the bringer's rifle is very light...

Of course, that is just my speculation.

And. the clothings Elly wears doesn't resemble in anyway to a Rangers... what are you all talking about her with ranger costune???

anwserman
Mar 6, 2004, 03:39 PM
I KNEW HUnewearl_Meira and Ian-Knux would appear in this thread! I knew it, and it happened.

OK, in honesty, I think that RAnewearls and RAnewms do exist, regardless of Meira would think... it think they do exist for the reason that HUnewms "exist" per say.... its confusing, its true that they do exist in the PSO scheme-of-things, but for gameplay wise, there wouldn't be enough of a distinction between the characters then. Want a HUnewearl and a HUmar? Go for the HUnewm. Best of both worlds!

Same for the RAngers I presume. There isn't enough stats used in the game to make a huge distinction between the characters. Having a RAnewearl would make the RAmarl worthless, due to the TP regen. And the RAnewm would but the RAmar to shame even more then now. It would throw off the balance.

And yes, you can argue that the Newman species doesn't like to be weighed down, but that also assumes that every Newman would feel the same way. You can use Nei and Rika as an example, but you cannot accurately judge a species off of the beliefs, mannerisms and opinions of two characters.

EDIT: Basically, it comes down to the fact that the classes that don't exist gameplay wise is due to the fact that they're too powerful or too similar to whats done before. I do believe that in the PSO mythology, they exist. But not during actual gameplay.
HUnewm - Cross between HUmar and HUnewearl. Stronger then a HUnewearl, weaker then a HUmar but with TP regen.
HUmarl - Dumbed down HUnewearl. Possibly stronger, to make up for the lack TP regen.
RAnewm - Essentially the same as RAmar with TP regen.
RAnewearl - Essentially the same as a RAmarl with TP regen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-03-06 12:46 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Mar 6, 2004, 05:00 PM
It's not Ian-Knux, it's Ian-KunX. XP I loathe having to use underscores, so I just drop the space that goes between the -Kun and the X. XP

Maybe Montague is just that damn cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Then again, Valletta isn't that cool, and she has a rifle, too.

And I'm more inclined to accept the idea of HUnewm/marls than RAnewm/RAnewearls... Else, why RAmar instead of RAnewm? Or why RAmarl instead of RAnewearl? Were there even prototype designs for either RAnewm or RAnewearls in the Book of Hunters? There are HUnewm/newearl designs, which makes sense, but not newman RA ones, afaik.

...So, how -do- HUnewearls put up with those huge swords, then? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif