PDA

View Full Version : A note about certain cards (all new US version players must

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 4, 2004, 08:01 PM
Before the release of episode III in america, a few cards stats were changed to make the game more fair. However these changes are not seen until the actual card is played. I'd like to request that anyone who has contact with SoA to make them aware of the situation so that it can be corrected and players aren't led into thinking something is wrong with their games.

The cards that have changed stats are...

Character cards
Viviana - Move to 3
Teifu - AP to 2
Orlando - HP to 0, MV to 3

Item cards
Akiko's Wok - Cost to 3, HP to 3
Delsaber's Buster - Hp to 6
Justy 23 ST - HP to 5, AP to 1
Power Maser - Cost to 5, HP to 11
Flame Visit - Cost to 5
God's Shield Genbu - HP to 10
Rukimin - HP to 6, AP to 1, TP to 2

Enemy cards
Hildeblue - AP to 5, TP to 4
Pal Shark - AP to 2, MV to 4
Pouilly Slime - HP to 6, AP to 3, TP to 3
Merlan - AP to 6
Dark Gunner - Cost to 1, AP to 2
Morfos - HP to 9, AP to 5, TP to 5, MV to 2

Action cards
Slayed - Cost to 2
Patience - Cost to 2, HP to 5
Escape - Cost to 3

Special effects for Explosion have also changed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-03-04 17:13 ]</font>

Aunt_Betty
Mar 4, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-03-04 17:01, Jonathan_F wrote:
Before the release of episode III in america, a few cards stats were changed to make the game more fair. However these changes are not seen until the actual card is played. I'd like to request that anyone who has contact with SoA to make them aware of the situation so that it can be corrected and players aren't led into thinking something is wrong with their games.

The cards that have changed stats are...

Character cards
Viviana - Move to 3
Teifu - AP to 2
Orlando - HP to 0, MV to 3

Item cards
Akiko's Wok - Cost to 3, HP to 3
Delsaber's Buster - Hp to 6
Justy 23 ST - HP to 5, AP to 1
Power Maser - Cost to 5, HP to 11
Flame Visit - Cost to 5
God's Shield Genbu - HP to 10
Rukimin - HP to 6, AP to 1, TP to 2

Enemy cards
Hildeblue - AP to 5, TP to 4
Pal Shark - AP to 2, MV to 4
Pouilly Slime - HP to 6, AP to 3, TP to 3
Merlan - AP to 6
Dark Gunner - Cost to 1, AP to 2
Morfos - HP to 9, AP to 5, TP to 5, MV to 2

Action cards
Slayed - Cost to 2
Patience - Cost to 2, HP to 5
Escape - Cost to 3

Special effects for Explosion have also changed

Hey thanks.I'm getting the game tomarro so I need to know.

Link00seven
Mar 4, 2004, 09:38 PM
Thank you for letting everybody know.

Malkavian
Mar 5, 2004, 04:28 AM
There is also an assist that was changed from I dont remember cost to 4 cost.

Arislan
Mar 5, 2004, 05:42 AM
Do note that these changes are only effective Online Your game does not change when played offline, unless some wacky Sega magic has taken place for the poor US players.

And I took a look at the ST site, the Assist card that went to 4 AP was "Support"

More than just Explosion was changed, but most of these cards were broken in general, like Snow Queens freeze special not working. So explosion likely had a bug in it that was fixed, but the site doesn't tellll us what happened, just that it's special effect, along with others, was "fixed"

Ooops, forgot to add the changed cards

Character
Viviana

Item
Snow Queen
Double Cannon

Enemy
Sinow Spiegel

Action
Defender
Explosion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-03-05 02:43 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 6, 2004, 08:28 AM
I just got a reply from the site admin on the Sega boards.

Thanks for the update. Some of these changes pertain only to Japanese versions of the game, but we are working on a general update for US users...

Could this mean different balances will be made for each version? or simply that the situation will be corrected? The wording is a bit iffy there.

LollipopLolita
Mar 6, 2004, 12:19 PM
i think they're updating the us ver to reflect the same changes

http://boards.sega.com/pso/viewtopic.php?t=98

Mixfortune
Mar 7, 2004, 12:00 AM
That's for letting us know.
I'll have to connect online sometime in the future in order to fix the offline displays/values.

Sharkyland
Mar 7, 2004, 01:27 AM
Delsaber's Buster is HP 6? My card says HP of 4.

-STE-
Mar 7, 2004, 02:34 AM
On usa versione offline stats are changed?

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 7, 2004, 09:20 AM
USA version, the changes that were made to cards haven't taken effect yet until the card is actually on the field. So pouilly says 9 hp, but when its played it only has 6 hp, and so on

CKaz
Mar 7, 2004, 11:56 AM
On 2004-03-07 06:20, Jonathan_F wrote:
USA version, the changes that were made to cards haven't taken effect yet until the card is actually on the field. So pouilly says 9 hp, but when its played it only has 6 hp, and so on

this seems odd.. just want to make sure I got this straight-
does this have any effect if you're OFFLINE ONLY?
ie does anything say one thing on the card but do something different in gameplay?
are the cards all working correctly if you play offline only (well atleast in the effects & cards mentioned)? if the update is only when online, is there too much imbalance or oddities offline only?

now when going online-
do the cards actually ever reflect the changes mentioned or is it always say one thing, do another?
once online and hitting these changes, will it update your offline experience as well with the new values and fixes? or does it *only* react differently online with those servers?

thanks for any clarification

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 12:08 PM
All the card changes are online only. As for the card "fixes" such as Snow Queen, yes, offline it will still be broken.

So online, cards will alter their stats, offline they will remain as they came out of the box.

LollipopLolita
Mar 7, 2004, 12:29 PM
if you look at the link i posted, it says

Card Revolution is a feature of the game that Sonic Team uses to balance online game play. Some changes in card values have been made in order to make the game play better online. These cards will not change in offline play, but will behave online as follows:

CKaz
Mar 7, 2004, 10:54 PM
Hmm still one question on the below then-

Character
Viviana

Item
Snow Queen
Double Cannon

Enemy
Sinow Spiegel

Action
Defender
Explosion

These were changed, and were more than balance changes right - ie snow queen doesn't work as it stands? How are the others off/not working?

Just trying to grasp what imbalances and actual mistakes are in the US version, and what in fact we're stuck with in offline mode (as fixes are online only). thanks

o0Maxx0o
Mar 8, 2004, 12:39 AM
Awwww!!! and i was just about to make a red slime deck too...

o0Maxx0o
Mar 8, 2004, 12:40 AM
do you think a slime deck would still work?? or do you think its crap now...

Malkavian
Mar 8, 2004, 12:36 PM
On 2004-03-07 21:40, o0Maxx0o wrote:
do you think a slime deck would still work?? or do you think its crap now...

It's good. Just not uber cheap as before.

Orange_kid
Mar 8, 2004, 02:27 PM
hmm. I belive you can check any changes of cards by going to the last option "website". I don't know how up to date they keep it though...

Myopathy
Mar 10, 2004, 11:40 PM
Shouldn't this be stickied?

LollipopLolita
Mar 10, 2004, 11:58 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2022