PDA

View Full Version : Does equipping units affect a stat bonus during level ups?

Dominitrus
Mar 4, 2004, 08:03 PM
To let my humar get through hard difficulty I equipped him three metal bodies, as I soon gained level I started to notice that he didnt gain defense as he leveled up.(He's level 21 now with a base def of 30+, Mag included.)

So I wanted to ask if the three metal bodies I equipped had anything to do with this.

Thanks in advance

Zeroy
Mar 4, 2004, 08:07 PM
i dont think so.. you wont ALLWAYS get a defence level.

Firocket1690
Mar 4, 2004, 08:10 PM
... No.

Oh, and another note, you get a +1 ATA every two levels.

lain2k3
Mar 4, 2004, 08:16 PM
The only way this would ever become a question in my mind was if you used units to max the stat, and then level up. would you still get the [ata]? would it be there if you unequipped one of the */arm units?

Firocket1690
Mar 4, 2004, 08:23 PM
On 2004-03-04 17:16, lain2k3 wrote:
The only way this would ever become a question in my mind was if you used units to max the stat, and then level up. would you still get the [ata]? would it be there if you unequipped one of the */arm units?

I think so, because it adds to your true base (no slots, mag, wep, whatever) And there are no ata mats in I&II, so it'll be hard to be maxing out your true base before some really high level.

VulpesMundi
Mar 4, 2004, 11:02 PM
Units and MAGs do not effect level ups. Though they do add to your base stat, they do not add to the natural stat. Materials do add to the natural stat, and therefore only natural stats and material stats will effect a level up if your stat is maxed.

I was kind of afraid of this issue for the longest time. I didn't want to lose ATA because it was maxed by MAGs and units during a level up. So I went out of my way to actually test to make sure. And sure enough, even though my HUmar had max ATA when he leveled, I removed his stuff (making sure to fix the stat bug* by unequipping and re-equipping his MAG) after the level and sure enough his ATA was 1 higher than it was the previous level.

* Note: PSO has a stat bug where if you equip a unit or MAG that adds greater than is needed to max a stat, removing this item will cause the stat to actually look lower than it is. To fix it just unequip and reequip a MAG (or any item that effects this stat without actually maxing it), or online you can just go through any auto-save.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-04 20:05 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 5, 2004, 12:07 AM
On 2004-03-04 17:10, Firocket1690 wrote:
... No.

Oh, and another note, you get a +1 ATA every two levels.
Absolutely not, it depends on character class, and how far you are in the game, lv-wise.
For a long time, Terra would gain 1 ATA almost every level, now she does so only once every three levels.

meh... stop it Sou >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-03-04 21:25 ]</font>

Dominitrus
Mar 5, 2004, 11:13 AM
I see, so only materials and his natural stat effects a level up.

A stat bug, I didnt know there was such a thing, thanks for the info Vulpes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And to everyone who replied to this thread thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif