PDA

View Full Version : Seniors Brawl After Salad Bar Dispute

anwserman
Mar 4, 2004, 11:42 PM
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. - A dispute at the salad bar turned into a food fracas at an upscale retirement home, with a man taking a bite out of another's arm and other residents suffering minor injuries.

Police said resident Lee Thoss, 62, of the Spring Haven Retirement Community was picking through the lettuce, which disgusted 86-year-old William Hocker, who was standing in line behind him.

Hocker told Thoss no one wanted to eat food he had been playing with. Thoss yelled and cursed at him, Hocker told police, and Hocker called him a nasty name. Then, witnesses said, Thoss then began punching Hocker in the face.

In the buffet melee that followed, Allen Croft, 79, tried to grab Thoss, who bit him on the arm, reports said.

Thoss' mother, Arlene, in her 80s and also a Spring Haven resident, jumped in to break up the fight and ended up with a cut arm. Harry Griffin, 92, was standing at the salad bar and cut his head when he was knocked to the ground.

"All the old folks were either getting up to help or trying to get out of there," police spokesman J.J. Stanton said of the scene last Sunday in the well-appointed dining room, which features an ice cream bar and a pastry chef.

Arlene Thoss, Croft and Griffin were treated at a local hospital and released.

Stanton said all involved declined to press charges, but home administrators have asked Lee Thoss to move out.

HAHAHAHAHAA.. heh heh heh!

ABDUR101
Mar 5, 2004, 12:00 AM
I have yet to see a brawl. I've been witness to many mouth fights and bickering, but no brawls.

Prolly because I work on the skilled side, so everyone is either in bed or in a wheelchair with alarms attached incase they fall. o_O

Amiadon
Mar 5, 2004, 12:24 AM
I would pay to see that.

DIE, FILTHY OLD PEOPLE!

Dangerous55
Mar 5, 2004, 12:27 AM
I bet the one guy said "I'm your huckleberry" before jumping in.

Bwaha, great article.

Midnight
Mar 5, 2004, 01:43 AM
id have to say, id like to see a brawl. though i wouldnt want anyone picking through food either :-/

AUTO_
Mar 5, 2004, 02:06 AM
I can just see the Boost mobile phone commercial right now.

Jack
Mar 5, 2004, 04:29 AM
Salad bar? Girls. Real men eat at carveries.

Allos
Mar 5, 2004, 04:01 PM
My uncle almost took on four seniors on a cruise we were on. Story went like this:

Me and my bro open a door and head below deck. My uncle and my cousin were following us but were a little ways behind. Thirty seconds later my bro and I are out of view of the door and I hear, "Shut the fuck up you old bitty!"

Turns out that my uncle opened the door, then he went in first and my cousin followed. My cousin at the time was about five, so he knew very little of manners. At this time a group of old people were walking to the door. My cousin hadn't even seen them so he let the door shut.

Keep in mind that had he waited there he would've waited for a while because they weren't that close to the door.

They came in, started screaming at the "ignorant child" for his purposeful rudeness. Arguments ensued, my cousin started to cry, and my uncle almost lost it.

Pretty funny thing to watch though!

Ness
Mar 6, 2004, 07:21 AM
On 2004-03-04 21:24, Amiadon wrote:
I would pay to see that.

As would I. They should make more action movies with old people fighting each other.

Kiara
Mar 6, 2004, 11:56 AM
On 2004-03-06 04:21, Ness wrote:

On 2004-03-04 21:24, Amiadon wrote:
I would pay to see that.

As would I. They should make more action movies with old people fighting each other.

Happy Fields Retirement Melee? I'm surprised no one died O_o.

Jehosaphaty
Mar 7, 2004, 02:47 PM
speaking of old people catfights.....anyone ever seen the comercial about rocky movies with old farts reinacting it at a nursing home? i think it was for the amc channel.