PDA

View Full Version : Question about damage n_n;

Cazadora
Mar 5, 2004, 02:51 AM
I know if my SC has no items he takes damage, but when I do have items equipped I see this happening:

1. Their dmg=5...my item HP=5...my item destroyed and I take -1 HP to SC.

2. Their dmg=6...my item HP=5...my item destroyed and I take -1 HP to SC. This is understandable.

3. Their dmg=4...my item HP=5...my item HP is reduced to 1. Now I sometimes see my SC take -1HP or he/she doesn't. Does it matter if the item being targeted is a sword,gun,shield, or mag?

Thanks for answering if you can n_n

Castoth
Mar 5, 2004, 03:02 AM
Did you have other items equipped? Some attacks can damage multiple targets and it's possible that another item was broken. This is my best guess though.

Cazadora
Mar 5, 2004, 03:18 AM
Nah..my roomate tageted a gun of mine. It didn't destroy it, but I still took -1HP. Oh and I now understand about when a hero's item is destroyed he takes -1HP n_n.
Edit: That's a good answer tho Castoth. I'll play some more tommorow when I get home and test some things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cazadora on 2004-03-05 00:21 ]</font>

Mr_Special
Mar 8, 2004, 04:10 PM
strange, sometimes i see the opposite, i destroy an item on a HU by doing DMG equal to the items HP, and they don't take any damage. then i destroy another one of their items by doing equal dmg, and they take the -1.

Mixfortune
Mar 9, 2004, 05:14 AM
Some Hunters story characters like Guykild don't take the -1 damage from broken items, but Guykild generally isn't unlockable until a little later down the line.

As far as hitting multiple targets, that may be the case. Early one, Endu's attacks hit all equipped items (rampage), so I would venture that to be a likely possibility.

Whether you destroy the item right on or overkill it, it doesn't matter. Unless there is a special case, it will generally do -1 HP to the story character when an equipped item is destroyed, whether it was overkilled or not.