PDA

View Full Version : New spamming tools in ep3

Anubis-v2-
Mar 5, 2004, 12:34 PM
omfg,how could sega bring these sound effects to pso

i play ep3 since 8 weeks,so played many duels with jp ppl they never spammed

i h8 this fekkin noises,so i have to put the s/e off :/

they dont care about dupers,and now noises

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-03-05 09:35 ]</font>

marcus_com
Mar 5, 2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah it totally sucks with those soundeffects. When I started playing JP-version, one of my first comments where: "Oh crap! Those soundeffects are going to be such a pain in the arse when the game hits the US."

dragoon-girl
Mar 5, 2004, 03:49 PM
Why must you US people Spam so much why!! *cires*
And are those 2 spamers still in Andreas 8? >_<

Seidouki
Mar 5, 2004, 03:57 PM
@ marcus_com: wait till they find a way to hack the card's and put spamming stuff on it... that would be hell...

AzureBlaze
Mar 5, 2004, 05:28 PM
Has ST ever even tried to LISTEN to this game?

By the way they're acting now, I don't think they ever did. I mean adding in all those SFX just begs and pleads for spammers, jerks and idiots to use them to annoy the heck out of everyone else. I mean, they had to have seen those people who just stand in 1 lobby and roar for hours and hours...right?

When I got on Ep3 for the first time, someone in the lobby was wailing non-stop until I had to leave. Now...I like the music, so I don't want to have to turn off the stereo every time I play. Then, someone paid to put on a song I wanted to hear, and one guy wouldn't stop "Male 'hi'-ing" and ruined the whole song.

What pesters me isn't necisarrily the effects themselves, (well the woman does, she sounds like she's got two pickles up her nose to sound that way) but that the abuse-potential is so rediculously high as to be absurd. Like "Oh we'll put matches on table tops in the dry-straw and newspaper exhibit"
Also, some of them seem to be there purely to nettle people during fights. I wonder if people will "get over" them...hmm. One can always hope!

Getintothegame
Mar 5, 2004, 07:13 PM
Just wait now. When ST sees the problem in the next tourney, they'll patch it!

:|

I wish.

Link00seven
Mar 5, 2004, 08:42 PM
I like the idae of the sound effects...but spammers ruin a good idea http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Arislan
Mar 5, 2004, 10:25 PM
You could always just turn the SFX off and keep the music on.. I can't have either, anything means more disc access for me and more Disc Error chance, which with my game has been a rising concern.

Link00seven
Mar 5, 2004, 10:38 PM
Wonder why you've been getting Disk Errors O_O

I fear the life of your GCN may be nearing its close...

Arislan
Mar 5, 2004, 10:55 PM
Combination of the Q being an evil evil being of darkness when reading discs.

That and the other day, my roomate put the disc on top of all the game boxes, so when I took down the Ep III box to take it out, it slipped off the shelf, slid down my kyboard which was slanted, and bounced of the side of a cup. The disc now has a ton of minor scratches (nothing that should affect it normally) and one moderate scratch about where it slid across the space bar. I cleaned it, it was at the pint that I couldn't even get it to load reliably before it errored.

Lion
Mar 6, 2004, 01:42 AM
Yah, I saw this in the guidebook on the way home, I almost puked. First logged on "HI HI HI HI BRAVO BRAVO *SNORE* HI HI HI GREAT HI HI BRAVE *GUITAR* HI HI HI *SNORE*" Yah... Well, it was a stupid idea, I guess they wanted to um, simulate ther Xbox experience a little, for stupid people. Also notice how the guy gets all Spanish when he says great?

SeiferA
Mar 6, 2004, 03:43 AM
I agree. If Sonic Team doesn't patch this blasted game's sound fxs soon, then they're officially insane or don't even pay attention to the situations on hand in the american servers.

Malkavian
Mar 6, 2004, 03:50 AM
I don't find it more annoying than Chat Symbol spammers (Sound+image)

decswxaqz
Mar 6, 2004, 05:34 AM
How do you expect them to patch it without turning all of the sounds off?
There are plenty of ships and lobbies to go to. I doubt that you won't be able to find an Ep3 lobby with noone in, and if you just want to chat, you can just go to a normal lobby.

Lion
Mar 6, 2004, 03:08 PM
I guss a way to patch was to make it so you couldnt do the SFX no more than 5 or 10 times or so, then youd have to press the button again, and not hold it down. Or they could make it so holding down a button only did it once.

By the way, there was someone using the highest pitch noise, over and over, I got such a big headache waiting for a tournament (Which I came first place in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifV)

GyroidFanatic
Mar 6, 2004, 03:23 PM
What they should do, is make it so that if it's done more than one time withen a few seconds by the same person, the server would ignore it.

Shrevn
Mar 6, 2004, 05:19 PM
hey anubis great to know you post here ^.^

but ya those stupid lobby sounds are as annoyin as the chat pop ups to spam.... wtf were they thinkin puttin those things up in the game? there just bad sound clips i mean the one thats supposed to say "hello" in a female voice sounds like a squirrel being ran over by a 4x4.... wtf really pointless to have that if you ask me and most of all you cant even block whoever making those sounds like you could on the xbox version when someone would mic spam screamin or blasting music.

Anubis-v2-
Mar 7, 2004, 11:53 AM
omfffg they spamming everywhere i go
i came to vega the first thing i read was stop this fekkin noises!!
so i changed the block i put the sound on and the same prob

the only thing u can do is turn the sfx off