PDA

View Full Version : AI - good enough if you're only going to be offline?

CKaz
Mar 5, 2004, 03:31 PM
I've seen some chatter about how silly the AI is. Is this throughout the game, or does it get better..?

Going offline only I'd have to rely on it being either at least decent and/or ramping up, or if they really have to, cheat some (lol)

thoughts?

Jools
Mar 6, 2004, 02:12 PM
The com AI is pretty darn rubbish. You still get challent but its nothing compared to the excitement of online play.

Jools

Kupi
Mar 6, 2004, 02:46 PM
Like most strategic-game AIs, they have the basics down but falter when it comes to applied logic... for instance, you have no weapons to set and you're up against three enemies. You'd think they would know to move away from the enemies, but instead they just charge in as though they have something to attack with. The majority of my losses have been due to stupid AI companions rushing in and getting themselves killed (the crowning glory of which was Guykild getting Guykilled on the enemy's second turn because he didn't equip a thing, yet rushed all the way onto their side of the arena). There's enough there to challenge you for a while, but human competition is always better.