PDA

View Full Version : Help Deciding on something.... (S-Rank)

Tsudo_Plat
Mar 5, 2004, 06:03 PM
No matter what, tonight I'm gonna play c-mode and beat it and get an S-Rank, but the problem now is deciding which one to get.

Right now, I'm a lvl 121 Greennill RAcast. I've beaten Ep1 completely in Ultimate and I'm working on Ep2 now. (CCA)

Anyways, I've narrowed down my choices to either S-Rank mechs or S-Rank shot. I LOVE SHOTS, so thats what I was originally going to get, I was then going to add Zalure special. Now my question is, how good is the Zalure special? Is it a high lvl or low lvl Zalure? Does it work rather easily? etc.

*Note: My ATA is 211 Base (Mag + God/Arm), so hitting stuff is almost NEVER a problem.

(Please don't reply with, "Get the S-Rank mechs!!" or anything like that, I want to know if the Zalure special is good or not, if it sucks really badly then I might choose mechs.)

Soukosa
Mar 5, 2004, 06:09 PM
S-Rank Zalure is about lv 33. Also, Jellen and Zalure will never miss and don't push back the enemy like a normal attack will do.

Reality_Check
Mar 5, 2004, 06:09 PM
From what I've heard, It's a Grey Line, Medioker power. But if you put that into a Shot. Everything is gettin lowered. So I'd have to say, Go for the Zalure Shot. Hitting 5 Targets with Zalure, how can you loose?

Edit: Well, acording to Sounomi, I've heard wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reality_Check on 2004-03-05 15:11 ]</font>

drizzle
Mar 5, 2004, 07:53 PM
Zalure Shot rocks. Higher ATP than Final Impact with very good special. Best Shot weapon you can get =)
Btw Zalure can miss, like any other weapon special.

VulpesMundi
Mar 5, 2004, 08:03 PM
No, Zalure itself cannot miss since it acts the same as the spell. The Zalure bullet can miss if an enemy runs by it, though. This sometimes happens if you're shooting at an enemy around maximum range. But if you shoot at an enemy within half range or less, the Zalure bullet will absolutely never miss regardless of ATA. Same goes for Jellen. The only thing to worry about is that since it acts like the matching spell, enemies will not react to the hit and will keep charging.

As for the S-rank Shot itself, it's an okay weapon as a stand-alone. Spread Needles (and very soon S-rank Needles) are still far better thanks to their speed. However, with the right special element an S-rank Shot is very useful for RAmars, RAcasts, and RAcaseals. Heck, even a RAmarl can make decent use of a Zalure Shot since her Zalure only reaches level 20. If you have at or about maximum ATA with your ranger, it should rarely miss. Being able to support yourself while playing solo (or even with some friends) is worth its weight in Meseta. I say go for the Zalure Shot, and when you get the chance also go for a Jellen Shot. Or if you have some patience, consider saving your Photon Drops and go for the S-rank Needles (with aforementioned specials) when ep2 c5 comes out in about a month and a half.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-03-05 17:07 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Mar 5, 2004, 11:14 PM
Ok, thx for the help guys, lvl 33?! Good god thats good. I have spread needle, so I figured I'd Zalure them, then quickly switch to Needle, that way I can do more damage with it. (Its kind of annoying playing offline as a RAcast with no help from a force.)

So S-Rank Needle is coming out once C5 gets here? Sounds like I'm going to have to start playing EP2 C-Mode and get rdy for it.

Hrith
Mar 5, 2004, 11:27 PM
On 2004-03-05 20:14, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
I have spread needle, so I figured I'd Zalure them, then quickly switch to Needle, that way I can do more damage with it.
S-Rank shot is clearly more powerful than SN.

azngamer648
Mar 5, 2004, 11:27 PM
Yes the Zalure is very high and get a shot. Hitting 5 targets at once never gets boring...hehehe..

drizzle
Mar 6, 2004, 05:15 AM
On 2004-03-05 17:03, VulpesMundi wrote:
No, Zalure itself cannot miss since it acts the same as the spell. The Zalure bullet can miss if an enemy runs by it, though. This sometimes happens if you're shooting at an enemy around maximum range. But if you shoot at an enemy within half range or less, the Zalure bullet will absolutely never miss regardless of ATA. Same goes for Jellen. The only thing to worry about is that since it acts like the matching spell, enemies will not react to the hit and will keep charging.

Well if you look at it that way, you are right. I've seen the bullet miss at a fairy close range too though. But it seems more accurate than even a normal attack so no biggie, this happens very rarely http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KingChaos
Mar 6, 2004, 05:32 AM
go with kings mechs 80 exp a go

Polar
Mar 6, 2004, 09:07 AM
On 2004-03-06 02:32, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
go with kings mechs 80 exp a go

...o_O
Random...

KingChaos
Mar 6, 2004, 09:47 AM
y?

Hrith
Mar 6, 2004, 11:55 AM
No drizzle, it does never miss, un less you miss he target altogether, but the "MISS" message will never show on those specials.

Tsudo_Plat
Mar 9, 2004, 05:36 PM
On 2004-03-05 20:27, Kef wrote:

S-Rank shot is clearly more powerful than SN.

Power is not the issue, its speed. With only a Devil/Battle equipped, the speed issue is a problem with the S-Rank, especially since the Zalure special doesn't cause knockback at all.

drizzle
Mar 11, 2004, 02:17 AM
On 2004-03-06 08:55, Kef wrote:
No drizzle, it does never miss, un less you miss he target altogether, but the "MISS" message will never show on those specials.

Meet me online and I'll show you a 'Miss' message from a Zalure special attack http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Sil Dragon is good for this. Miss Miss Miss grrrr.