PDA

View Full Version : I've always wondered if people say that X class is better be

kazuma56
Mar 5, 2004, 08:30 PM
they are easier to play? I have had all my friends bash my Hucaseal because she "can't use techs" and they always compare her to the "Superior" Hunewearl, but then I raised this question and they didn't seem to answer, after getting bashed most of the time with my RAmar and Hucaseal chars, I said "the only reason why you think Ramarls/Hunewearls are better is because they require less strategy to play" they tried to defend themselves by saying that "Ramalrs have low HP so (blah,blah,blah) and "hunewearls cannot sue that much mats so (blah,blah,blah), but those are just minor things, the only reason why I believe that people say X class is better is because they are generally easier to play than others so they are therefore better.... I guess that's why many people don't like ep.3, it requires some strategy to play.

kazuma56
Mar 5, 2004, 08:55 PM
no comments?

Auracom
Mar 5, 2004, 11:09 PM
Hmm stats mean nothing if you can don't know how to play. I don't really think any one class is better then the other. Just depends how you play.

azngamer648
Mar 5, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-03-05 20:09, Auracom wrote:
Hmm stats mean nothing if you can don't know how to play. I don't really think any one class is better then the other. Just depends how you play.

I agree with Auracam, there is no "BEST CHARACTER." It is just a matter of opinion.

polishedweasel
Mar 6, 2004, 03:56 AM
People still argue about this stuff? RAmarl...duh! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuperDK
Mar 6, 2004, 06:32 AM
On 2004-03-05 20:26, azngamer648 wrote:

On 2004-03-05 20:09, Auracom wrote:

I agree with Auracam, there is no "BEST CHARACTER." It is just a matter of opinion.

Oh my! Did he just say Auracam?!

Anyway, I thought that the RAcast was good (at first) because I was the only one to choose him...but I was very wrong about that...as the RAcast is really good. But, classes are classes. And It doesn't really matter which class is best...if there is one.

Ketchup345
Mar 6, 2004, 11:49 AM
About the Android/other thing:
Some people don't like traps, or like Resta, and aren't comfortable with traps and without Resta.

Other than that it all depends on the player. And RAmarls and HUnewearls require more strategy than RAmars and HUmars, not the other way around.

Caecilius
Mar 6, 2004, 12:11 PM
How so?

Ketchup345
Mar 6, 2004, 12:22 PM
On 2004-03-06 09:11, Caecilius wrote:
How so?

For the females needing more strategy?

For single player the females have to cast S/D/J/Z to do the max damage, the males only have to worry about one set of them (and the RAmar can cast theirs once, and continue on for a while).

goku4ever
Mar 6, 2004, 03:16 PM
There are best classes for certain ppl. Like me i h8 to have to run away and kill things i like to be in there killing everything, but I like to have some techniques so for me a HUmar is best. Hey maybe I should make this post my new sig, thatd be cool as a quote.

navci
Mar 6, 2004, 03:23 PM
RAmarl > all

*snickers*
Actually, I tend to think one class is better than others in terms of it is easier to play. You would kinda be inflicting lots of damage with relative ease.

Like, female forces are better at support than male forces because the moment you resta it will cover the entire field. Unlike, well, my newm, who has to run to each respective teammate to heal them. (not to mention get knock down a few times in the progress).

Ya. Relative ease of use. But does that actually mean BEST? I don't know. I love my RAmarl, but she... becomes boring after a while because all you do is keep shooting from a distance. I guess this is why you have different characters, when you are tired of shooting, you go grab a Hu and slash, tired of slashing, go with a FO and blast fire!

... I dunno

kazuma56
Mar 6, 2004, 04:28 PM
But a Hunewearl and Ramarls fighting seems more like a routine instead of strategy, you go in a room, cast S/D/J/Z, than wail on the enemies, rinse and repeat until you finish area, as Ramars/Humars, you have only 1 set of those so enemies don't die as quick, and you have to know what enemies to get rid of first, while playing as the female counterparts, it really doesn't matter.

Butoden
Mar 6, 2004, 04:46 PM
On 2004-03-06 13:28, kazuma56 wrote:
But a Hunewearl and Ramarls fighting seems more like a routine instead of strategy, you go in a room, cast S/D/J/Z, than wail on the enemies, rinse and repeat until you finish area, as Ramars/Humars, you have only 1 set of those so enemies don't die as quick, and you have to know what enemies to get rid of first, while playing as the female counterparts, it really doesn't matter.

S/D/J/Z?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Just run into an area as RAmarl, watch enemies appear and shoot them, go back to the door if they get too close...

joluh
Mar 6, 2004, 05:06 PM
It's all about the person, it's just the way you like to play

I've found i love throwing magic around like crazy, or going enemy by enemy slashing their bodies, making my sword making them sh*t =), i'd do that rather than shot all the time

I've found for some odd reason i HATE human characters, not sure why, just can't stand them, also i love Newmans and Androids, but mostly Newmans

Also the good player it's not the HUmar lvl200 with a Zamba, or the FOmar lvl200 lvl30 techs and psycho wand, because everyone says DO THAT AND YOU'LL BE THE BEST!!!... a good player it's the one that uses the characters he/she likes NO MATTER what others says, no matter if you're lvl80 stucked on very hard caves using a saber+2 as long as you're having fun =)

Myopathy
Mar 6, 2004, 05:37 PM
The best class is all a matter of opinion because everyone bases it on a different set of criteria. Some determine good classes based on how well they solo. Some on how well they are on a team. And some on just how fun it is to play that class.

On your complaint about people saying a class is better because it's easier to play...well, duh, those two go hand in hand. If a class is built better and has advantages, they will be inherently easier to play. Look at it the other way, if you were to create a character class that can't use techs, can't use traps, can only fight barehanded, and has lower ATP than a FOnewearl. Well, that would certainly be a challenging class to play, but I don't know who would argue that it was a good class. Also, I doubt you could argue that there would be a lot of "strategy" with nothing but bare-fisted fighting. A lack of capabilities DOES NOT imply more strategy. In fact, if you look at a class like HUcast, there is A LOT less strategy because all they do is go in attack and heal. Sometimes they lay a trap. That's all they do because that's all they can do. Your explanation of the strategy for a HUnewearl is oversimplified. Go play a HUnewearl on a team with a HUmar and two androids and tell me there is no strategy in that.

Zeroy
Mar 6, 2004, 05:50 PM
friends shouldnt bash each others characters because they dont like that chars class, thats just stupid. my friends bro has a RAmar, and i personally hate the char but i dont give him a hard time about it, he likes the char and thats all that matters.

Myopathy
Mar 6, 2004, 05:55 PM
On 2004-03-06 14:50, Zeroy wrote:
friends shouldnt bash each others characters because they dont like that chars class, thats just stupid. my friends bro has a RAmar, and i personally hate the char but i dont give him a hard time about it, he likes the char and thats all that matters.

100% True.

kazuma56
Mar 7, 2004, 04:45 PM
Well, you also have take into consideration of how other players play, If i'm playing a hunewearl excellent and the other 3 ppl are playing like ****, then obviously they'll require strategy, but If all of us play good as a team, then a Hunewearl pretty much is just there to do the Forces job to a lesser extent becuase the other 3 Chars will be dealing the most dmg.

Mr_Special
Mar 8, 2004, 03:45 PM
yeah, its really all about what you want to play.

sometimes its just that people don't get the right equipment and then they get a messed up view of that class...
but usually its just people trying to brag about their characters.

some classes, tho, are better suited for certain things. a HUcast, for example, in a team with a force will have the greatest damage potential. FOnewms and FOnewearls have the greatest tech damage potential because of their specialty bonuses, however tech damage FOs are rare most FOs are either support and use Z/J or Rafoie to get Exp, or Melee FOs. 'course, melee FOs are also good support FOs, for their S/D, but don't expect constant Resta/Anti, cuz they're busy fighting too.

I prefer to play as attack tech FO with my FOnewearl and FOnewm, and throw in a bit of support. I just hate it when people assume that because i'm a FO, they don't have to pay attention to their health.

Logical2u
Mar 8, 2004, 04:04 PM
True, people shouldn't diss people because they themselves didn't like that character. For example, I am sick and tired of RAmar bashing. They can be a good team player if you guys give us a chance!

Its not about the stats or items that makes the character good, it's the player's experience.

Mr_Special
Mar 8, 2004, 05:02 PM
yeah, experience, skill, and attitude.

i once thought RAmars sucked at C-Mode... then i realized why i was having trouble... i was so used to regular mode where i would try to get my combos done as fast as possible (some people thought i had God/Battles on http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )... as it turns out, its not such a good idea, because if you do it as fast as possible, one of the hits wont push the enemy back, which leaves you vulnerable. once i realized this, i slowed down my combos, and i was untouchable again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

now my regular RAmarl can really do some 1337 pwnage with that spread needle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

kazuma56
Mar 8, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yea, it's weird adjusting to the slow speed whe not having a God/battle equipped, I lost my combo timing for sabers and handguns when I play my Fomar.