PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this was weird...

Myopathy
Mar 6, 2004, 04:27 AM
After I finished CMode with my FOmarl, I decided to play a little online with my RAmarl. I got offline, switched over to my RAmarl, and got back online. Well...on the window with the menu that allows you to select ships, you see an upwards view of the lobby, right? Well I saw that, but I also saw something VERY similar to the glowing lights that come from the special attack of a TJ Sword. They were just...on the screen, and it stayed that way and never stopped. As if someone had gone onto my screen (not the lobby) and fired a TJ Sword special that lasted forever. Also, on the bottom of the screen, there were these blue water ripples. Has anyone ever seen this before? And no I was not on peyote or any other mind-altering substance when I saw this...

Nai_Calus
Mar 6, 2004, 04:43 AM
Oh, this is easy. ^_^; You were in lobby 11-13, right? One of those?

Well, you know how it shows the decorations of the last lobby you visited when you get back online after disconnecting to switch characters or something? Like say you were in lobby 5, you'll still see the same VIRIDIA lobby, but you'll see the fishtanks at the back. Remember the teleporters to the other lobbies in lobbies 11-13? They have the warps(The circular things), and if you look up, there's a bit of the ceiling over them that goes up and down, and the tips of energy spikes over the teleporter. This is what you're seeing when you log on.

It is a nice effect, isn't it? It's my favourite, at least for looking at when I log on(PURPLENUM, REDRIA and ORAN lobbies are my favorites for actually being in).

So, don't worry, nothing's wrong with your game, and no, you're not crazy. :D

Myopathy
Mar 6, 2004, 04:52 AM
Ah ok. Yeah I disconnected when I was in lobby 13, so that explains it. Well I should do that more often, because it did look kind of cool hehe.

Jarek
Mar 6, 2004, 05:31 AM
I've seen this before too, but had no idea as to why it happened. And now that I think back, I was in lobby 13 as well. Nice!