PDA

View Full Version : The level 200 players who deserve some respect and recogniti

chaodragonb
Mar 6, 2004, 04:17 PM
Quick point...
-Those who achieve Lvl.200 deserve some recognition. I mean think about it...It takes HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS to get past 100. If anyone has gotten there, tell how you did it, how long it took, and weapon you did it with.Also, since I have v.1, any lvl.100 people would be appreciated.

KaFKa
Mar 6, 2004, 04:22 PM
although im not level 200 yet (198, only 200k left until 199, woo-woo) i know a few people that have, and they have my respect, since most high levels nowdays are just level 200 AR hackers with BKbs and TJs.

i made it to level 100 long ago... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rising_sunset
Mar 6, 2004, 04:43 PM
Umm...

Shouldn't be too hard (I play online) But if you played online it should take around 40 to 50 hours to get to lv. 100, after that then the real pain begins. Mostly you won't level up unless you play 4 to 5 hours staight (ex. would be lv. 189 HUnewearl) So keep working! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

doubletake123
Mar 6, 2004, 06:19 PM
carols is right, a person could get to lvl 50 by the time someone would get from 100 to 102. I have 3 lvl 100+ characters and I know how it is leveling up above 100.

Jarek
Mar 6, 2004, 07:28 PM
I just got to lv150 today, and it seems to take some time. But I've heard that you're not really halfway to lv200 exp wise till about lv170 or so. So I think I still have some good time ahead of me.

also...too true about the lv200 hackers...it's pathetic.

BlackHound2
Mar 6, 2004, 07:31 PM
For me it was after level 50 when it started getting hard. My best character just grew to level 96, so I'm close to level 100.

I think it's harder to raise characters offline. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

goku4ever
Mar 7, 2004, 05:15 AM
I am lvl 45 and have been playing for about 60 hours i think lol

KingChaos
Mar 7, 2004, 07:04 AM
with hucast im at 139 in 100 hours

KingChaos
Mar 7, 2004, 07:05 AM
half way is 183

EGO-BOT
Mar 7, 2004, 08:22 AM
I just hit 198 about 20 minutes ago..with about 9 million exp to go untill level 200.

I've brought PSO GC one year ago today, so I can't wait to hit 200 after so many months of playing =)

PurplePower1
Mar 9, 2004, 12:56 PM
[quote]I am lvl 45 and have been playing for about 60 hours i think lol

what difficulty are you anyway?

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 9, 2004, 01:36 PM
Perhaps PSO World should have a registry for characters that've achieved level 200 without hacking to get there? I think there'd be some good recognition this way, yes?

Heh... I've got a loooong ways to go... Highest character is my level 115 HUnewearl, followed by my level 90-something RAcast...

gallaugher
Mar 9, 2004, 01:50 PM
Obtaining level 200 without using an AR code just means that you play A LOT. Anyone can do it if they are patient & dedicated. I'm not sure how much respect we should be giving level 200 players. Respect should simply be based on your experience playing with someone.

Just my opinion.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 9, 2004, 01:56 PM
On 2004-03-09 10:50, gallaugher wrote:
Obtaining level 200 without using an AR code just means that you play A LOT. Anyone can do it if they are patient & dedicated. I'm not sure how much respect we should be giving level 200 players. Respect should simply be based on your experience playing with someone.

Just my opinion.

Ah, but how many of us are patient enough to play for that long? I've had this game since the day it was released in the US, and my highest level character is only level 115.

Patience is a virtue that must be respected. That's my thought.

Furthermore, I believe that it can be assumed that a person who's legitimately leveled to 200 has quite a bit of gameplay experience under their belt, and should therefore seriously know what they're doing. I'd say that any advice given by such a person should be heeded.

Anyway, I think I made my point.

gallaugher
Mar 9, 2004, 02:02 PM
On 2004-03-09 10:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Ah, but how many of us are patient enough to play for that long? I've had this game since the day it was released in the US, and my highest level character is only level 115.

Patience is a virtue that must be respected. That's my thought.

Furthermore, I believe that it can be assumed that a person who's legitimately leveled to 200 has quite a bit of gameplay experience under their belt, and should therefore seriously know what they're doing. I'd say that any advice given by such a person should be heeded.

Anyway, I think I made my point.

For the most part I totally agree & your logic is fairly sound. That's the type of argument I'd like to see when someone says we should respect level 200 players.

Elvendar
Mar 9, 2004, 06:07 PM
Level 200 Max Stats HUcaseal "Elvendar." Not exactly sure how many hours it was when she hit 200, but she's accumulated 450 hours so far.

She used the following items (all levels are approximate):

Crap Daggers: 1-20
Cross Scar +28: 21-50
Demolition Comet +25: 50-200
Red Partisan: 75-200
Charge Mechguns +9?: 80-200

These items were all very good when I used to play =^-^=

Elvendar
Mar 9, 2004, 06:10 PM

Not necessarily. There was the Recobox trick when I was around http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jive18
Mar 9, 2004, 06:22 PM
It's true that legit 200's have an incredible amount of patience, but you also forgot that they have perseverance. Some may have been corrupted, fsod'd, etc, and continued to strive for the Ultimate goal in PSO : hitting level 200. I can't imagine what it's like, reaching something like that. I know that I'd be happy for a really long time after that.

BTW, hacking, duping, AR, and Recoboxing are the 4 things that should have never happened to PSO. Duping almost ruined my character until I realized what I was doing, destroying the pride I once had of doing things without cheating (proud to say I'm about 90% legit now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif). And AR, that is just so terrible that anyone who uses it to gain levels doesn't deserve anything they get or do in PSO.

Elvendar
Mar 9, 2004, 08:00 PM
You can't be "90%" Legit. Your character is either completely legit, or it's not. End of story.

For the record, I did not cheat or use Recoboxing to get to 200. I hunted the entire thing.

Furthermore, I do not believe Recoboxing to be cheating, as you're not actually:

Altering Game Code
or
Taking Advantage of a Bug.

Recoboxing takes more patience than you might think, and although not widely accepted, is a perfectly fine method of leveling (As long as you are present at the controller/screen while doing it.)

Saffran
Mar 11, 2004, 02:28 PM
Just in sympathy for someone who has V1, I hit lv 100 with my RAcaseal at around 170 hours. I think it's the only character where I have really rare stuffs (Inferno Bazooka, Ultimate Frame 4 slots). It's a shame my bro used the online mode (for a grand total of 12 minutes) because now I'm stuck offline (well, V2 is in the same predicament...)
I'll get to lv 200 with my 3 V2 characters yet! (... someday...)

gallaugher
Mar 11, 2004, 02:54 PM
On 2004-03-09 17:00, Elvendar wrote:

Furthermore, I do not believe Recoboxing to be cheating, as you're not actually:

Altering Game Code
or
Taking Advantage of a Bug.

How is it not taking advantage of a bug?

Zeik123
Mar 11, 2004, 04:29 PM
Cheating is simply using a bug in the game or "codes" to get something you should not have at that point in a game. I am completely legit and at level 134 and I have gone all the way legit. Some people will call you a cheater even if you make it all the way to level 200. It's just nothing big anymore as some people max their states at level 1. As sad as it is being at level 200 is not as impressive as it once was.

Jive18
Mar 11, 2004, 05:33 PM
I guess then according to your ideas of being legit or not Elvendar, I'm not legit. But as far as having and using legit items, including materials, grinders, and add slots, I'm almost completly legit. Besides, this topic isn't even about whether or not I'm legit, and the way I see it I pretty much am. Sorry for the spam, I had to clear what I said earlier.

Bender202
Mar 11, 2004, 08:39 PM
Spam, Sham say what u wanna say

blazeking240
Mar 11, 2004, 08:43 PM

Just my opinion.

i couldnt agree more i have played only offline and i have a level 200 fomar a 176 humar a 111 ramarl and a 197 racast and i only played them offline everyone of them are in ult ruins lol

_kakashi
Mar 12, 2004, 11:29 AM
yeah it is sometimes just very demoralizing seeing all these hackers and recoboxers online nowadays. i finally hit lvl 200 last week with my RAcast and that took about. ummmm just a little under 2000 hours. so i didn't completely waste my life.

ilr2000
Mar 12, 2004, 05:22 PM
Obtaining level 200 without using an AR code just means that you play A LOT. Anyone can do it if they are patient & dedicated.

then..

I'm not sure how much respect we should be giving level 200 players. Respect should simply be based on your experience playing with someone.

really confused me. So they're patient and dedicated? And thats reason not to give them respect?

Polar
Mar 12, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-03-11 17:43, blazeking240 wrote:
i couldnt agree more i have played only offline and i have a level 200 fomar a 176 humar a 111 ramarl and a 197 racast and i only played them offline everyone of them are in ult ruins lol

Wow, level 200 characters in Ult Ruins? You must be really good </sarcasm>

Lol, anyway... )Polar('s level 128, and well on my way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 13, 2004, 01:40 AM
I am 100% legit and offline, up to lvl 142 with mah Hucast, and I say that lvl 200 legits have got to at least be very focused on the game. ppl get to lvl 200 through more time than skill because levels soon become too easy to be anything other than large pots of experience (I know cause my guy is too high for Forest, Cave, Temple, Spaceship, and parts of central control. He doesn't have to heal on forest.) We should give them more respect really because all of the times they might have wanted to hack or could have, but didn't. The only thing I think that can be acceptable in hacking is receiving an item that you didn't know was hacked.

back to the topic now...

shinobu_seta
Mar 13, 2004, 02:55 AM
200 seems so very far away now...

I remember actually reaching 100 on dreamcast and I felt like I had accomplished something.

Recently on gamecube I've only got back up to 62, but then my memory card went corrupt. I'm starting all over again -_- It's a hard road...

Kaziko
Mar 13, 2004, 02:13 PM
The character I will own ...soon....will be 100% legit....for a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
The only problem is I want a legit plantain huge fan ...that might be hard to find http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alighieri
Mar 13, 2004, 02:45 PM
On 2004-03-12 23:55, shinobu_seta wrote:
200 seems so very far away now...

I remember actually reaching 100 on dreamcast and I felt like I had accomplished something.

Recently on gamecube I've only got back up to 62, but then my memory card went corrupt. I'm starting all over again -_- It's a hard road...

Don`t give up - I was in the same situation, except that my GC memo card hasn`t broken down yet ( and I hope that this WON`T happen ever). And I`ll keep on playing.

trypticon
Mar 13, 2004, 07:29 PM
I'm kind of surprised that more regulars of the forum haven't jumped onto this thread to state their own opinion on the matter. A lot of those people know the level 200s that got their legit, and could probably make a partial list of them.

Oh yeah... they are all on FFXI.

brinstar used to have a good list of the legit 200s. After the server crashed, and the site was overhauled, that list vanished. I'm sure some of the people that used to post there have it saved though, just for the good memories of seeing their name there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-03-13 16:31 ]</font>

Robo47
Mar 13, 2004, 09:29 PM
ROBO 47 has just about 1225 hours on him, legitly lvl 200.

He had an S-rank Bazooka but then FSOD came along and stole my stuffs. My only hacked item is a level 1304 Chao mag that I use to smash max stats peeps at Vega.(its just sooooo fun!)

Manwe_sulimo
Mar 14, 2004, 10:11 PM
I got to Lv 200 with my HUmar on DC with two things:
1) Hard work;
2) Harder work.

Seriously though, I just kept on playing and had the commitment and determination to do it. An almost fanatical love of the game helps too. That and about a years free time.