PDA

View Full Version : Moving from DC Ver1 to DC Ver2 - questions

MadDog20_20
Mar 6, 2004, 06:49 PM
I've recently started playing around on PSO more lately - I think it was all the rumors of free online servers that reminded me of the game. But that's not what this post is about. I actually seldom played online even when the game was new - I'd just play it for an hour or so offline after work in the evenings.

My friend gave me his DC V2 game, he bought it second hand and has never tried it online. I'm going to assume the disc is already registered to someone else - but like I said earlier, that really doesn't bother me. Especially since the servers are dead anyways.

Here's my question - finally - can both V1 and V2 live on the DC at the same time. I've been told that it'll overwrite the PSO1 info on my DC if I run it - does that mean my poor old PSO1 chars are dead?

- Can I have PSO1 and 2 chars on different VMUs and switch discs depending on which I want?

- Is there any real difference to the two if I'm only playing offline anyways?

- If I decide to ditch PSO2 can I replace it again with PSO1, I'm not sure how it saves its info on the DC.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm well out of my depth here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Alielle
Mar 7, 2004, 01:46 AM
On 2004-03-06 15:49, MadDog20_20 wrote:

Here's my question - finally - can both V1 and V2 live on the DC at the same time. I've been told that it'll overwrite the PSO1 info on my DC if I run it - does that mean my poor old PSO1 chars are dead?

Only if you convert your v.1 characters to v.2.

- Can I have PSO1 and 2 chars on different VMUs and switch discs depending on which I want?

Yes.

- Is there any real difference to the two if I'm only playing offline anyways?

Yes. v.2 has many upgrades, including Ultimate Mode, more weapons, stat tweaks (e.g. FOs use tech discs up to level 30 instead of 15), and a level limit of 200 rather than 100.

It's up to you whether these are good or not. I've had a love/hate relationship with it.

- If I decide to ditch PSO2 can I replace it again with PSO1, I'm not sure how it saves its info on the DC.

Once you convert your character to v.2, you can't revert back.

Drayma
Mar 7, 2004, 05:44 AM
Also about 4 or 5 ver.2 offline quests you can download from somewhere onto a VMU. Its legal.

Rare monsters too, except offline quests like "fake in yellow' the rare monsters don't drop anything good.

SabZero
Mar 7, 2004, 09:14 AM
I had the same doubts, but after all, it's just an upgrade to the game. It's still the "same" (you play on where you left off etc).

Btw, the thing did overwrite my guild file. Is it true that I could still play V1 witohut having to insert the key again (and loosing the V2)??

kevlar_pso
Mar 8, 2004, 03:27 AM
If nothing else you should convert just so you can find all the new armor and weapons ect ect.