PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the indecisiveness!

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 7, 2004, 12:04 AM
Alrighty, here we go.
As far as I've read, heard, and otherwise absorbed through the internet and other such mass media, PSO Episode III looks pretty good. However, opinions I've read in these forums and in other game review sites have implied otherwise. I'd just like to know if it's actually worth saving up enough of my measly allowance to go out and purchase the damn thing.

Skett
Mar 7, 2004, 12:38 AM
Yes, it is. Ep. 3 is just a addicting as Ep. 1&2 (even more so for me) and the whole light/dark team using weapons/monsters makes combat very fun. However, if you dont like strategy games then you should pass. This is a strategy game for sure.

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 7, 2004, 12:49 AM
Well, thank ya muchly.

Sharkyland
Mar 7, 2004, 01:20 AM
It's not too bad, but I hate games with dice. Luck is never with me. It has PSO, I'm interested in the storyline, and Sil'fer's cute (though like some people, I'm a little bit disturbed about her bust). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Mar 7, 2004, 05:48 AM
The dice must die.

Hmm, I don't like fighting other people, or the trash talk that ends up accompanying it. In two days I've heard more hateful, nasty things said in the lobbies then I've seen since last november on Ep1&2. Sore losers, lousy winners, people who look down on the 'n00bs'. (Someone was laughing once about telling someone the way to switch to only talking to your teammate was to hit start, X and B. Uh, yeah? Somewhat valid question? A quick scan of the manual has me failing to find that mentioned.) The feel of online is definately different than it is in Ep1&2. More competitive and hostile. Which makes sense, I suppose, but even so. I prefer the feel of Ep1&2 online better. >_<; Grab your friends and go slaughter stuff in search of that rare you've been wanted and chat along the way. Rather than grabbing a friend, beating someone up(or taking a beating), and then going and listening to endless bitching about it. >_<; Gluh. Same reason I hate Battle mode in Ep1&2. I'm going to be the eternal boring weenie who winds up teaming with a friend to bash on the COM in tournies. XP ...And staying far, far away from anywhere populated. Gleh.

...The manual also says you can't search and meet an ep1&2 user. Gee, I guess the dozen or so times I've done it were just hallucinations.

Malkavian
Mar 7, 2004, 06:28 AM
On 2004-03-07 02:48, Ian-KunX wrote:
Hmm, I don't like fighting other people, or the trash talk that ends up accompanying it. In two days I've heard more hateful, nasty things said in the lobbies then I've seen since last november on Ep1&2. Sore losers, lousy winners, people who look down on the 'n00bs'.

It depends on the people. I made many friends playing against them. Many more than I would do in Episode 1&2 playing main mode. More than half of the cards I have in ep1&2 is thanks to c-mode where people is normally nicer and plays more like a team.
Win and Lose must be accepted in a battle game. Why whine on something that is a feature of the game? Is a bit like sharing rares with your teammates in Episode 1&2. One can't always get them.
Many of the times I had more fun in Ep3 was in matches I lost against surprising and interesting decks.
Of course there will be always annoying people, just try to avoid them. Is not much different than Ep1&2 with exp and rare hoggers, people that don't revive, etc.

Nai_Calus
Mar 7, 2004, 07:34 AM
Oh, it's not the winning and losing thing that bugs me, I don't care if I lose(Unless it's the first round of an 8-person teams tourney only 3 people are actually playing in because the other person decided to be on your side of the bracket and thus fight you first round, which hasn't happened yet but will, I know. XP It almost has, but me and my partner won.) It's... Hmm, well.

Even in the lobby with people I for the most part know and played with on Ep1&2, the atmosphere still feels a little... I dunno. It's uncomfortable. I like the game, don't get me wrong, it's just the competitiveness makes me uneasy. Same reason, I guess, I didn't do Battle mode on Ep1&2. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but after the easy, unhurried atmosphere I'm used to from Ep1&2 online, it's a bit of a culture shock. ^_^; It's fun, and I like it when I win and don't mind if I lose, but unless you're with people who lose(and win) well, it can get very uncomfortable, and going to any populated lobby is almost intolerable. And people like the person who had the person who didn't know any better reset their game and get a Disconnect simply because they didn't know something are just disgusting. Unfortunately, most people I know and I like playing with don't have Ep3 yet/aren't getting it, and from the people I've seen in the lobbies, I'm not too sure I want to go playing with random people. X_x; US players for the most part are a bunch of idiot jerks from what I've seen so far, and I haven't even played with any. >_>;

Overall, I do like the game, it's just that I don't find the atmosphere of the online game very friendly or engaging. I find myself instead of trying to find someone to play with when nobody I know with it is on searching my other friends and going to visit with them and have the kind of relaxed, friendly conversations I'm used to instead of heated tactics discussions and people yelling about who lost who whatever match/tourney/whatever. Maybe it'll settle down some after a while? *shrug*

And once I get used to it I'm sure I'll love it, heh. There is more to life than beating up on the COM(Although sometimes its stupidity makes for some wins that seem spectacular to a pathetic L2, lol. Sure, Stella, Guykild, equip all those weapons and then move so you're on a diagonal from eachother right where I don't even have to move to hit you with this nice Gizonde card through this nice 4 TP weapon and destroy everything you have equipped at once so you can promptly be soundly beaten on our next turn. Go ahead. *giggles at COM stupidity*). Things like matches where you -don't- completely beat the crap out of the poor braindead COM.

...Whee, this is my 2000th post. Me commenting on what I don't like about Ep3. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Bah, I need to level. Like mad. Psychotic freaky crazy mad. I want to find a Rati card. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zebulan7
Mar 7, 2004, 12:58 PM
Think of the dice as your limited TP, random blocking, your random critical hits, and other such stuff. Dice is annoying, but so are those who grab up red boxes from MY red slime.

jonny-5
Mar 7, 2004, 02:09 PM
It is definitely worth saving up for... just be sure to put some free time away as this is going to take up alot of your time.. heh