PDA

View Full Version : Meele FOnewm ((need help))

joluh
Mar 7, 2004, 04:18 AM
So yeah i use to meele with Jint, but i got tired and it's annoying changing mags, weapons and everything, and since i like FOnewms a lot, i made another and he's going to be meele only =D

I'm gonna write what i'm gonna or try to do with him, and i want some opinions or anything helpful, thanks for the atention =)

Mats:
40 LCK, everything else POW and some DEF

Mag:
5/145/50/0 ((i guess it's DEF/POW/DEX/MIND))

Weapons:
Saber: Delsaber Combo
Slicer: Rappy's Fan
Partisan: Soul Eater
Fist: Angry Fist
Claw: Morning Glory
Twin Saber: Double Saber
Twin Sword: G-Assassin's Sabers
Handgun: Red Handgun

So that's my idea of him, BUT i need some opinions, what should i add, change or take off

Also i know NOTHING about Armor/Frame nor Shield/Barrier...

IDs which i can hunt items in Ultimate are Pinkal, Redria and soon Yellowboze

Last thing he's Whitill

Wood_Golem
Mar 7, 2004, 06:06 AM
On 2004-03-07 01:18, joluh wrote:
Mag:

You would probably want to consider 5/135/60/0, it's what i use with my HUnew, it's necessary especially considering your a Force.

Weapons:
Saber: Delsaber's Buster Combo

Stick to the Soul Eater instead of the rappy fan, but if you can when you reach ult try and get a Flight Fan, i assure you it's good, or if you'd prefer go torr hunting and get the Iritista.

As for Shields, use the Secret Gear, it's easy to find and it'll last you for ages, it's one of the better shields in the game considering when you can use it, and when you actually get something better, considering i think the only thing you can use better than the Secret Gear is the Tripolic Shield, and thats quite rare.

As far as armors go, use a Stink Frame, it's good value till you get to 101 for a Guard Wave or a Luminous Field.

Oh and get a nice high hit Vulcan/vise/Justice/Combat
mechguns are a must for any class.

KingChaos
Mar 7, 2004, 06:51 AM
fonewms cant use delsabers shield

get a twin or red saber

Wood_Golem
Mar 7, 2004, 06:55 AM
On 2004-03-07 03:51, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
fonewms cant use delsabers shield

get a twin or red saber

Yeah i forgot about the Red Saber, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif well i crossed out the Combo part of the delsabers cause i knew they couldnt use the Shield.

anwserman
Mar 7, 2004, 09:46 AM
With my melee FOnewearl, she uses...

Bringer's Rifle / Diska with hit%
Guard Wave (4 slot, legit)
Divinity Barrier
Hamburger.... 50/50/78/22

Obviously the mag will be different since you're a FOnewm and not a FOnewearl. The FOnewm's ATA maxes out at 180, so make a POW/DEX mag. Then, you can use your mats for Luck and Defense, with some scrap mats left for POW.

It takes planning... a whole lot of it.
And the Diska, trust me. Finding one with Hit% KICKS ASS. Because, its like the only multi-hit weapon forces can use, that can be *commonly* found (commonly found as in the slicer-weapon family, not one with hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

goku4ever
Mar 7, 2004, 10:37 AM
? if u want a char that uses melee attacks y dont u just go 4 a hunter?

Dhylec
Mar 7, 2004, 12:16 PM
On 2004-03-07 07:37, goku4ever wrote:

it defeats the purpose of the challenge, the tech use, the look, the shoes.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

azngamer648
Mar 7, 2004, 01:25 PM
If I were you I would make my MAG 5/145/50/0 and get a Red Saber or Ancient Saber.

RicoRoyal
Mar 7, 2004, 01:59 PM
Joluh, are you online yet? If so, you may want to consider a different partisan. Since your whitill, you could hunt down a Fatsia from Ult. Meritas. Yeah, remember, there is actually an episode II on everyones copy of PSO. Weird huh? Okay, so like I was saying; if your online now, get yourself 16 PDs and get some magic water. Tada, you have yourself an extremely good partisan, the Plantain Huge Fan. Partisans are great because it's easy to use them without a god/battle equipped, even on Ultimate. This means you just freed up another slot. I say you actually go for a max FOnewm, not just a melee FOnewm.

The following will take you to a previous thread I had made about maxing a FOnewm:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=74983&forum=7

You'll have fun getting there, seeing as how you'll need four god/abilities (see why no room for god/battle?). Even if you choose not to max, you still shouldn't bother with DEF on mag, nor DEF materials. Thats what SDJZ is for (duh?). Anywho, good luck, and really consider maxing the new card carrying member of the SHOES club. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
Mar 7, 2004, 02:44 PM
I'm going to begin melee with my fonewm pretty soon, and I'm getting my plan together now, I think It should work quite well.

Materials:
(not my plan, but a melee only fonewm plan)
45 luck (necessary)
65 power
40 defense

Mag:
5/125/70/0 (horrible ata growth)

armor/shield:
lower level, spirit garment is very nice, or go with the virus wear series. later on, smoking plate is the greatest (newms only! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Weapons:
Firts and foremost, hunt down a fatsia with at least 15-20 hit%. make it into a plantain huge fan. Its easier to get, and I like it better than soul eater or banish, which you cant use anyway. Do lower difficulty runs of areas to get some rare mechguns with good hit% (40+) all 3 varieties have their merits. You could also use rainbow baton, another excellent multi target weapon. For single target melee, I'd definetely go with Srank twin. I wouldnt bother with a special, you wont be hitting that often. And for range, definetely use holy ray http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Units:
God/arm
God/arm (both necessary to max ata for while)
God/battle
Cure/??? (depends on area)
and later on, replace second arm unit with cure #2.

Hope this helps!

joluh
Mar 8, 2004, 03:30 PM
Well thanks a lot for the info, so diska with high hit ((my redria)), red saber ((my pinkal)), Bringer's Rifle ((pinkal as well))

RC4 thanks for the info but no, me it's the offliner for life, i can hardly play so it would be a waste of money...

lain2k3 thanks a lot for all that info, and ouch i forgot to say the units, and well they're almost like you said:
God Arm x 2 ((yay i hate two =D, hugs his redria))
God Battle ((MUST, redria again!!!))
Hummm i don't know here, but maybe a dragon hp...

Thanks for all the info guys =D

Oh and:

On 2004-03-07 09:16, Dhylec wrote:

On 2004-03-07 07:37, goku4ever wrote:

it defeats the purpose of the challenge, the tech use, the look, the shoes.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Couldn't say it better =D

Eihwaz
Aug 4, 2004, 10:38 AM
On 2004-03-07 01:18, joluh wrote:
So yeah i use to meele with Jint, but i got tired and it's annoying changing mags, weapons and everything, and since i like FOnewms a lot, i made another and he's going to be meele only =D

I'm gonna write what i'm gonna or try to do with him, and i want some opinions or anything helpful, thanks for the atention =)

Mats:
40 LCK, everything else POW and some DEF

Those Mats sound about right.

Mag:

Those aren't bad, but I'd recommend going with 5/135/60/0, it's what I'm going with my melee FOnewm on BB. FOnewms have decent ATA, but bad growth on it.

Weapons:
Saber: Delsaber ComboBuster
Partisan: Soul Eater
Fist: Angry Fist
Claw: Morning Glory
Twin Saber: Double Saber
Twin Sword: G-Assassin's Sabers
Handgun: Red Handgun

Instead of Delsaber's Buster, get that Red Saber, or if you could use your Yellowboze to hunt down a Pan Arm's Arms in Hard mode, to make P-Arm's Blade.

Rappy's Fan is cute, but kinda useless. Instead, try to get a Flight Fan when you get him into Ult, or make a Rainbow Baton (from a high-Hit Slicer and Magic Rock Iristia from your Redria).

Soul Eater isn't bad, but Rainbow Baton is better. Angry Fist is pretty good if you wanna keep your casting speed fast, but I'd stick with Red Saber/P-Arm's Blade.

Morning Glory, eh, Claws suck, go with Red Saber/P-Arm's Blade.

G-Assassin's Sabers aren't too bad for offline, I suppose, but I'd rather go with P-Arm's Blade for the speed.

And Red Handgun is great, go with Holy Ray when you get the chance.

So that's my idea of him, BUT i need some opinions, what should i add, change or take off

For armory type things, you have a variety of options. With Redria, I'd try to find a Guard Wave, that's a solid armor. When Nihz gets into Hard mode, you should be able to find at least one or two Secret Gears from Gilchichs, use those, they're an excellent armor.

So, to summarize Nihz's equipment:
Red Saber/P-Arm's Blade
Red Handgun/Holy Ray
Rainbow Baton with Hit/Flight Fan
Guard Wave/whatever you find or can use
~God/Arm
~God/Arm
~God/Battle
~Cure/*, possibly God/HP
Secret Gear
Mag of your choice (like Rati, maybe?): 5/135/60/0/

And there you have it. Have fun meleeing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDIT: Oh, fuck, misread the date on this, I was looking through Joluh's profile for topics of his. Sorry mods, please lock this. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-04 08:39 ]</font>