PDA

View Full Version : PSO Proxy - "No image"

Tiamat
Mar 7, 2004, 06:24 AM
Hopefully someone can help me here. I've got PSO Proxy all set up, and it connects fine, sees the little website and everything. But, whenever I try to upload a picture it always says "No image". There is an image there which shows up on the Snapshot screen, so I cannot figure this out. Could it be that it's a cheap, 3rd party memory card? A long shot, but right now, all I can do is guess!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If I leave the IP address of the host out of the Network Settings (but leave the port), it doesn't do anything at all. I've also tried turning the firewall off and that doesn't change anything. I hope someone out there knows the answer to this problem...

Dhylec
Mar 7, 2004, 11:11 AM
did you try to click the button above the 'no image' text? the 'click here to upload' button?
it happens sometimes when i change card..

Rich_T
Mar 7, 2004, 11:28 AM
you just have to keep ontrying until somehitng comes up.
As for IP addreses, i conect using a router, my router automaticly gives each device an IP address in the range of 10.0.0.X (X denotes a number), and each device is set to automatic.
my P.C gets an IP address from my router of 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.4
To start PSO proxy i have to go to run on my P.C ( with my gamecube switched on) and type in CMD, from there, i type in ipconfig/all this lists what my P.Cs IP address is.
I thn exit the homepage function on my gamecube and put in my P.Cs IP address on the relavent bit of the gamecube set up, then on my p.c i start pso proxy, and conect to the homepage on my gamecube and it usualy works.

Tiamat
Mar 7, 2004, 05:46 PM
I'm running via the crossover cable method, and everything seems to be set up fine. Heard something about it not working with the PAL version, but that should have been fixed in the latest version of PSO Proxy?

My PC's set to do DHCP and it automatically has the 192.168.0.1 IP address, because it's the gateway. I set the Network settings to use this IP and the 8080 port but still no joy!

Don't really know what else I can do, so I'll be trying to get it working through S-Video or something soon! Thanks for the helps, and I will keep at it. Hopefully I will get it sorted, one way or another... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Mar 7, 2004, 07:34 PM
Are you saying that your pc's ip is 192.168.0.1? The NIC card you are using to connect your GC may have an IP of 192.168.0.1 because you are sharing the conneciton but the actual IP of your pc shouldn't be 192.168.01.1.

BTW what type of service do you have (dialup, cable, dsl?)

Use the method Rich_T explained and have it list all the ips for your machine. Then use your the listing for IP in the proxy setting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-07 16:38 ]</font>

Tiamat
Mar 8, 2004, 06:39 PM
Well, I tried to get it working with the help people have given me, and gave up in the end. Still won't work properly.

So, I tried something else. In the past I'd been unsuccessful in getting any composite device to work properly on my TV card, so I thought I'd give it a try again. Downloaded a few different programs and finally settled on DScaler. All I really want is a program that can capture good quality images that I will use on my website, and this program does it great. Only problem is I have to play in nasty slow 50hz... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thanks to all those who've tried to help. I appreciate it!