PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! High level JP players on Vega!

Shimarisu
Mar 7, 2004, 09:44 AM
Just a warning to everyone to avoid Vega. Today I was in a team tourney helping a noob to get some meseta, when we found ourselves up against 2 Japanese players at level 1 with cards they could not POSSIBLY have got at level 1, playing highly cheap tailored duual Arkz decks. They thrashed us, the newbie using default H didn't stand a chance. I existed to find the lobby FULL of level 1 JP players crowing about beating Americans. They were also in the next tourney - differrent players. I asked them all to leave but they have not. They have obviously:

1. Made new characters to pretend to be noobs
2. Transferred all their best cards over
3. Come to Vega for cheap meseta.

AVOID VEGA AT ALL COSTS, there were 8 such level 1 JP players in the lobby today, they are there as I speak joining tourneys. Go to Antares 8 if you want to tourney. I admit I'm playing in the tourneys too, but we've been doing a system of team tourney, importer+newbie v importer+newbie. Against TWO Japanese high level players such a team, untailored as it is, stands no chance, so come Antares and maybe an importer will help you out.

- Shimarisu

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 10:08 AM
Glad to see you back Shim! and it looks like I've got a new hunting ground... Time to take out some egotistic JP players. Probably the same people that thought Ring was the epitome of cool.

Nai_Calus
Mar 7, 2004, 10:41 AM
Yay, another reason to hide on obscure blocks with your friends. Just like max-statted FOs in Normal games, except at least you can still manage to get exp from bosses in Ep1&2.

Amusing to see the JP players for once being bigger assholes than the US players, at least.

HairyGoat
Mar 7, 2004, 10:43 AM
They could of gotten all their cards offline and never played online so they would still be level 1

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 10:52 AM
Not bloody likely. These people have no wins as well, and offline wins would count for stats. They simply transferred cards from their other character to beat up on poor newbs.

Link00seven
Mar 7, 2004, 11:21 AM
Damnit, the Japanese people (on average) hate us more then we thought...

Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Just do like Shima said and avoid Vega I guess...

Zebulan7
Mar 7, 2004, 12:50 PM
I've never found a good reason to go to Vega in Ep 1+2, so why would I start now. I'm sure there is a way to beat the high lvl jp with low cards, because of those rules. You could just be a one point spammer with annoying Pal Rappys that keep popping up. Its stratagy, so when there is a will, there is a way.

Saiffy
Mar 7, 2004, 05:13 PM
Bah, now im debating wether i should go online or not

Dgo
Mar 7, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-03-07 14:13, Saiffwin wrote:

You should online is where it's at! bad ship huh sounds fun when i pay my HL maybe i'll head their. Cause something like that is to good to miss......j/k thanks for the word up on whats going down.

Shadow82
Mar 7, 2004, 07:38 PM
Yeah, when I was playing today i saw a few level 1 japanese people in my game with really awesome cards at level 1, but i never saw their wins so im not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow82 on 2004-03-07 16:38 ]</font>

Aunt_Betty
Mar 7, 2004, 08:45 PM
They do it to level easy.Oh...god this is going to hard.

Castoth
Mar 7, 2004, 08:48 PM
As I've said before, these kind of tactics by JP players are going to backfire horribly on them once AR codes are released and US players are looking for 'revenge'. Unfortunately, once that happens, we all suffer. =/

Link00seven
Mar 7, 2004, 10:24 PM
On 2004-03-07 14:13, Saiffwin wrote:

McRing, get your ass online so I can verse you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol.

SonicBlue22
Mar 8, 2004, 02:25 AM
Because i imported the Game then bought the US version yesterday.....Ive been thrashing the JP Players on the Vega and helping US noobs with my import character. If you want i could stay up all night driving them outta here.

Ive also noticed something:
The obreon was the first ship on the list for the DC...tons of people go there, major cheating problems. Vega is the first ship on the list tons of people go there cheating (EP1&2) and problems between players. This is crazy! I hate human nature! why cant everyone get along! i think its a source of pride to NOT be human....so boomas are cool!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SonicBlue22 on 2004-03-07 23:29 ]</font>

pierretomi
Mar 8, 2004, 02:47 AM
On 2004-03-07 06:44, Shimarisu wrote:
Just a warning to everyone to avoid Vega. Today I was in a team tourney helping a noob to get some meseta, when we found ourselves up against 2 Japanese players at level 1 with cards they could not POSSIBLY have got at level 1, playing highly cheap tailored duual Arkz decks. They thrashed us, the newbie using default H didn't stand a chance. I existed to find the lobby FULL of level 1 JP players crowing about beating Americans. They were also in the next tourney - differrent players. I asked them all to leave but they have not. They have obviously:

1. Made new characters to pretend to be noobs
2. Transferred all their best cards over
3. Come to Vega for cheap meseta.

AVOID VEGA AT ALL COSTS, there were 8 such level 1 JP players in the lobby today, they are there as I speak joining tourneys. Go to Antares 8 if you want to tourney. I admit I'm playing in the tourneys too, but we've been doing a system of team tourney, importer+newbie v importer+newbie. Against TWO Japanese high level players such a team, untailored as it is, stands no chance, so come Antares and maybe an importer will help you out.

- Shimarisu

if i remember right u are arion, right ?!
and i watched some game of arion last days on vega.
the funny thing was that u/he played with best cards ande always with the hunter hucaseal which has lowpointer halfguard. nice tactic vs lowpointer lv1 charas http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LeRoy_G
Mar 8, 2004, 05:54 AM
@tomi: good thing he is only blaming the japanese players, right?

wenn u see these guys in the lobby its easy to detect. just look for the Rank they have. because the rank is fixed to the serial. so if u see a lvl 1 char with Rank 22 GOD you know he has more cards than u.

edit: no reason to pull out german racial offenses, not even sarcastically. keep it clean and english please. - rena

sry rena. next time i write german it will be in a PN.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-03-08 09:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeRoy_G on 2004-03-09 04:51 ]</font>

Malkavian
Mar 8, 2004, 10:30 AM
I really don't think is that bad. Of course the best for a beginner is play with other beginners. To have a good learning curve of the game. Some of the advanced tactis are nearly unbeatable for beginners. But against 1 beginner+experiencied player it can be ok. And once in a while is good to see some of the advanced tactics that are used by ep3 veterans.

If they always join the torneys you are in. And you are sick of them, just play in another place. At beginning until lv 15-20 I played mostly with other importers. I know the JPs only had the game 1 week more but the language barrier made a big difference. I didn't understadn anything, and they yes. So at start I preferred to play against people that was like me. But sometimes I still enjoyed to fight players with awesome ranks and cards.

rena-ko
Mar 8, 2004, 12:13 PM
well, keep in mind the average japanese ep3 player is younger than the average japanese ep1-2 player like shimarisu stated some time ago.

then, importers and their direct and open approach taught them its ok to disturb other groups.
jumping to quick conclusions like 'they hate us' has no valid reasons.

in conclusion, the game is a versus game and like all other online-versus games it suffers mankind's most effective battleskills: unfairness.

avoid it or prepare and face it.

good luck > everyone

Alena Zouryx
Mar 8, 2004, 01:00 PM
Haha...I always stay away from Vega, anyway. The amount of symbol chat/ SFX spammers and item beggers are rather annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I tend to stay in the romote areas of Pioneer 2 and wait for other wanderers to come and join me. n_n

Dgo
Mar 8, 2004, 01:43 PM
On 2004-03-08 09:13, rena-ko wrote:
well, keep in mind the average japanese ep3 player is younger than the average japanese ep1-2 player like shimarisu stated some time ago.

then, importers and their direct and open approach taught them its ok to disturb other groups.
jumping to quick conclusions like 'they hate us' has no valid reasons.

in conclusion, the game is a versus game and like all other online-versus games it suffers mankind's most effective battleskills: unfairness.

avoid it or prepare and face it.

good luck > everyone

Well said since every (now) knows that vega is not the place to be starting out. Just simply stay away from it.

psojohndoe2
Mar 8, 2004, 04:13 PM
This is getting really tiresome... Too many importers coming to US ships and winning tourneys for easy Meseta and rank... Every time I see one, I enter, and either Pouilly them, or use the cheap Machine deck... These people need to learn beating on new players is NOT the right thing to do.

cenote
Mar 8, 2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, On Antares 8 I was playing with some friends in a team tourny My freind we were against got someone random from the lobby. He was level one and he had played offline and had a Hunter Force and completly killed us with a lot f techs. so as a second warning don't assume level ones are always newbs.

Ruby-chan
Mar 10, 2004, 04:31 AM
On 2004-03-07 08:21, Linkooseven wrote:
Damnit, the Japanese people (on average) hate us more then we thought...

Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Just do like Shima said and avoid Vega I guess...

Heh I don't think it's all of them just a certain group of them. Though if you /really/ wanted to see how nasty they can be, you should have been logged on the day after the 9/11 attacks. Whew, now that was horrible.

Blackwaltz-R
Mar 10, 2004, 02:42 PM
lol dude theirs NO WHERE you can run lol and you shouldnt be afraid of losing, you LEARN more by taking note of their combos and strategies, but your too meek to realize that lol