PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited about Ep. III, but I don't want to dive in headf

DeathCheese87
Mar 7, 2004, 11:23 AM
Ok, after hearing that this isn't really a CARD game, but more of a strategy game, it has sparked my interest (hey, its also PSO, which is a very nice bonus). Right now, I can't find a place to rent this, so my chances of testing this game out are pretty bad.

Anyways, I just want to know a few things.

1) Is there some kind of tutorial mode in the offline version? Either way, is the game easy to pick up and go?

2) Is the offline mode worth playing? Right now, I'm at a fixed budget and I'm not completely sure about going online yet (I still have to get a keyboard. Are those helpful?).

Thanks in advance.

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 11:38 AM
1) Yes, there is a tutorial, and it's pretty easy even if you just want to jump in, as long as you've had a basic grounding in strategy games before this.

2) Offline game is quite expansive. Over 100 hours just to see the entire storyline, and that's if you're rushing as fast as you possibly can.

CKaz
Mar 7, 2004, 11:49 AM
On 2004-03-07 08:38, Arislan wrote:
2) Offline game is quite expansive. Over 100 hours just to see the entire storyline, and that's if you're rushing as fast as you possibly can.

Hey Arislan, your take on the AI offline?
in going through those 100+ hours do you have some really fun and challenging card battles mixed in, or is it pretty much slaughtering the comp once you get your groove going?

Arislan
Mar 7, 2004, 12:00 PM
Barring a few of the Arkz battles, and one or two of the Character based hunter battles (use a certain character on a mission) the only real danger you have in losing to the computer is when you have partner AIs. I have had several times that my nice little AI friend has rushed forward and gotten themselves killed before I have a chance to do anything.

A prime example would be the fight against Kranz and Kilryia on Arkz side. Reiz just rushes off to get herself killed, and you are extremely hard pressed to keep her alive.

But yes, the offline mode, for the most part, after you get a decent deck, is a lark.