PDA

View Full Version : GC: Offline Multiplayer

devilsfan118
Mar 7, 2004, 11:37 AM
Can you find specific rares in multiplayer on offline? I am a 75 Hucast and am playing with a level 78 Whittill. I can't ever seem to find anything better than a Last Survivor and a Dragon Slayer.

Butoden
Mar 7, 2004, 11:39 AM
You can find rares in Offline Multiplayer and you can set the ID for the game by switching the first player.

(for instance selecting your Whittil first and then your HUcast (whatever ID, probably Skyly if you find Dragon Slayers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif))

Logical2u
Mar 7, 2004, 11:48 AM
You can find ID specific rares offline multiplayer, yes.

I was playing Hard Forest with a friend and we killed off some Barbarous Wolves, found a Red Box. It turned out to be a Kaladbolg, which is the rare find for a Skyly Wolf, an my 1st player was skyly.

My friend kept it though.

PurplePower1
Mar 9, 2004, 12:51 PM
all i have is offline and i have over 30 rares. copies of many of course.

blazeking240
Mar 11, 2004, 08:52 PM
i have found enough rares to give one to everyone in vega lol all offline except the ruby bullet i found online when ikilled volt opt ver2

Kuea
Mar 11, 2004, 09:06 PM
nice ruby bullit *drools*
my favorite weapon I am never trading that away

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2004, 01:14 AM
Geeez. Y would you guys use Ruby Bullet, I have one and cause the grind is non-existant, Red Handgun +50 has 50 more power. Everyone uses Ruby Bullet, and I am baffled as to why.

Anywho, in response to Multiplayer offline, I do a lot of that, and it has only helped me find rares, namely Ruby Bullet, Red Scorpio, and the omnipotent Red Mechs. All Multiplayer offline really accomplishes is some major lag.

Zeroy
Mar 12, 2004, 11:47 AM
because it looks cool. i wish i had one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Butoden
Mar 12, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-03-11 22:14, ViewtifulJoe wrote:
Geeez. Y would you guys use Ruby Bullet, I have one and cause the grind is non-existant, Red Handgun +50 has 50 more power. Everyone uses Ruby Bullet, and I am baffled as to why.

Anywho, in response to Multiplayer offline, I do a lot of that, and it has only helped me find rares, namely Ruby Bullet, Red Scorpio, and the omnipotent Red Mechs. All Multiplayer offline really accomplishes is some major lag.
Offline Multiplayer is lag? I don't think so. I love playing PSO with a friend. I'm not happy it only happened to me 10 times or so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Err, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Maybe you meant ONLINE multiplayer = laggy?

Zeroy
Mar 12, 2004, 01:36 PM
offline multimode tends to lag a little when there are 4 players together.

PJ
Mar 12, 2004, 03:38 PM
In Episode 2, especially Barba Ray, Gal Gryphon and Seabed (Large rooms with Recons are very evil there) will have a lot of slow-down. I beleive lag would be a lack of connection?

blazeking240
Mar 12, 2004, 03:56 PM
On 2004-03-12 12:38, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
In Episode 2, especially Barba Ray, Gal Gryphon and Seabed (Large rooms with Recons are very evil there) will have a lot of slow-down. I beleive lag would be a lack of connection?

:yes:

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 13, 2004, 01:55 AM
Never mind, two player is fine, I do a lot of that. On 4 player, I can press A, get a cup of coffee, and my guy have almost slashed.

imported_DaNtE
Mar 13, 2004, 11:44 PM
Lol...its wrong for you guys/girls to hate on offline multiplayer..I know there is some lag...but for guys and gals like me who can only play offline for the moment because the computer guy screwed our network...Offline is very fun indeed...plus I have a little brother who loves playing with me....must we linger on the faults when we could look at the positives?

Mr_Special
Mar 14, 2004, 10:28 AM
only 4 player really lags.

i know 3 player is perfectly fine, at least in Episode I. 'Haven't played much EpII 3 players, only up to the VR Spaceship and it was fine. 'Don't know about the Sea Bed tho...

Dhylec
Mar 14, 2004, 10:53 AM
On 2004-03-14 07:28, Mr_Special wrote:
i know 3 player is perfectly fine, at least in Episode I. 'Haven't played much EpII 3 players, only up to the VR Spaceship and it was fine. 'Don't know about the Sea Bed tho...

ah, 3p multi in seabed has a new affect in some rooms..
it's completely filled w/water! >_>

LoreSeeker
Mar 14, 2004, 01:30 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about as far as lag; the term lag implies a slow connection that can't keep up. The game gets slow in 4 person multiplayer because of the GameCube's own limitations, and it can't be lag, simply because it's not connecting to a network of any kind.

Cc08
Mar 14, 2004, 05:01 PM
I usually can only get lag in 4 player offline multi... Although, I have gotten lag in 3 players, but that was with 2 forces both casting rafoie everywhere