PDA

View Full Version : Snow Queen question

Zack_Morris
Mar 8, 2004, 11:29 AM
I want peoples opinions on the Snow Queen. Is it better than the frozen shooter? Does it freeze you more often? Can it freeze up to 5 targets at once? I'm debating on spending the Pdrops to get it, what do you think?

KingChaos
Mar 8, 2004, 11:30 AM
its not as good as frozen shooter

no combo,slow and a little more power

KaFKa
Mar 8, 2004, 12:00 PM
the only good thing about it is that i pierces

gallaugher
Mar 8, 2004, 12:18 PM
There are very few places where a Snow Queen is better than a Frozen Shooter. The most notable of these are in the Ice Spinner quest where 'queeks line up in a straight line. There are 3 such lines. I don't remember there being a limit of how many enemies you can pierce at once.

The firing is incredibly slow. It is almost useless against enemies with very high evasions like Ill Gill & Delsabers. I had one & would not recommend upgrading unless you have a 2nd Frozen Shooter.

And I never notivied a significant difference in how often I was frozen.

Superguppie
Mar 8, 2004, 12:23 PM
If you're running with some HUs it's heaven for the team. It's power is low enough to not kill too fast. But it freezes well enough to stop the enemies chasing the HUs so they can take them out without getting killed themselves.
If you'r alone, Frozen Shooter is better because it can combo, although for some enemies a Snow Queen can be useful, as it allows you to hit more than once per shot. So, if you have 2 Frozen Shooters, you should seriously consider turning one into a Snow Queen. If not, stick with the Frozen Shooter.

PaleKid15
Mar 8, 2004, 12:44 PM
I don't think you should bother making it unless you have an FS with decent hit%, even then it might not be worth it for the reasons in above posts. Save your PD's.

Soukosa
Mar 8, 2004, 01:01 PM
To me, neither is better, it all really depends on what you need to freeze. The Frozen Shooter can combo and has better accuracy with the special, but can only hit one enemy at a time. The Snow Queen can't combo, has lower accuracy on the special, but can freeze multiple targets, which can quite helpful. Personally, I think that you should have one of both and use which ever one works best for the area you're in and like what was mentioned above, make sure you get an FS with Hit for making one.

Zack_Morris
Mar 8, 2004, 01:24 PM
I'm sort of confused. Does it hit multiple targets like a shot? or does it just pierce the enemy, allowing it to freeze more targets? Also, I don't understand why it's less accurate, they both have +60 ata, so shouldn't they be the same?

gallaugher
Mar 8, 2004, 01:28 PM
Not like a shot, more like a Photon Launcher.

I'm not sure about the ATA but I don't think I ever froze an Ill Gill or Delsaber with it. I can with my Frozen Shooter.

I never found it particularly useful for hitting multiple enemies.

Ketchup345
Mar 8, 2004, 02:32 PM
On 2004-03-08 10:24, Zack_Morris wrote:
Also, I don't understand why it's less accurate, they both have +60 ata, so shouldn't they be the same?

The freeze supposedly doesn't have the same accuracy as the FS one. On the FS the freeze hits as much as a Hard attack, while on the SN it supposedly is less, but:

On 2004-01-20 18:52, VulpesMundi wrote:
- The Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen have unique special attacks with the same damage and accuracy as their heavy attacks. This is contrary to popular belief that the SQ special has lower accuracy. I tested (on various groups of critters and Dal Ra Lie) to be sure and the SQ special does indeed have the same accuracy as the heavy attack.

Jack
Mar 8, 2004, 02:39 PM
I prefer the Snow Queen, because it freezes groups. Chances are the enemy you've just frozen will be the next one you target, given the game's targeting system, so you'd have to stop firing, move, re-aim, and open fire again.

Soukosa
Mar 8, 2004, 02:44 PM
On 2004-03-08 11:32, Ketchup345 wrote:
The freeze supposedly doesn't have the same accuracy as the FS one. On the FS the freeze hits as much as a Hard attack, while on the SN it supposedly is less, but:

On 2004-01-20 18:52, VulpesMundi wrote:
- The Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen have unique special attacks with the same damage and accuracy as their heavy attacks. This is contrary to popular belief that the SQ special has lower accuracy. I tested (on various groups of critters and Dal Ra Lie) to be sure and the SQ special does indeed have the same accuracy as the heavy attack.

Vulpes is right, the SQ's special attack has the same accuracy as it's hard attack, but they both have the accuracy of a standard special attack, while the same attacks on the FS have the accuracy of a standard hard attack.

LoreSeeker
Mar 8, 2004, 03:09 PM
I suggest getting a SQ if you play Ep1 a lot. Enemies are generally easier to hit in Ep1, so if you take the time to line yourself up properly, you can freeze a whole crowd at once.

In Ep2, and especially in Seabed, enemies seem to be able to dodge your shots effortlessly. In those cases, it's better to fire a few shots with the FS in the hopes that one will freeze it.

Also, SQ is more useful online because other people can distract enemies while you freeze things. FS, on the other hand, is much more useful offline because you can combo and freeze more effectively.

In the end, the choice you make is all about what you enjoy playing; Ep1 or Ep2, and online or offline.

excecutor
Mar 8, 2004, 08:19 PM
If you manage to find a frozen shooter with decent hit, then by all means snow queen is a lot better. there are far better ways of killings enemies than with a rifle, especially one that is lacking in power in comparison to others. The shooter is better against GDV and seabed enemies, but anywhere else, a snow queen with hit would do you much better. Another plus is that its great against bosses.

The special has the excact same acuracy of the Frozen shooters acuracy, but remember it doesnt combo, so it only has the acuracy of the first shot. If you want to test out how often you would hit, then just use the first shot of the frozen shooter, and use the special.

The way that the snow queen hits is excactly like a shot of a photon launcher. That is how it peirces and that is how it freezes.

My snow queen has 35 hit, and I prefer it far over the frozen shooter, I love my snow queen, but without hit, I would imagine it would lose a lot of its usefullness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: excecutor on 2004-03-08 17:20 ]</font>