PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

azngamer648
Mar 8, 2004, 08:27 PM
I'm getting my ass pwned in Ultimate Forest and I'm at level 90.. I know such a high level and can't get passed this.. but this is my first time playing and I'm wondering if I could get any help. I'm an Oran FOmar (I want to get PoM). Could anyone suggest any weapons I should get or should I level up some more?
My equipment looks something like this:
~G.A Sabers, Charge Repeaters with 45% hit
~Valiant Frame
~Dragon Hp
~Dragon Hp
~Dragon Hp
~Dragon Hp
~Secret Gear or Regen Gear
~Marica 5/155/50/0 or something like that...

Any suggestions anyone? Any help would be appreicated, thank you.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 8, 2004, 08:47 PM
Jellen and Zalure. Nuff' said. ^_^

Jellen will prevent a large amount of damage. If you're meleeing, zalure will obviously increase damage.
Remember to Shifta and Deband also to maximise damage.

You could try to find a good double saber also, or a powerful saber (Red Saber?). And start looking for vulcans.

azngamer648
Mar 8, 2004, 08:49 PM
On 2004-03-08 17:47, Crystal_Shard wrote:
Jellen and Zalure. Nuff' said. ^_^

Jellen will prevent a large amount of damage. If you're meleeing, zalure will obviously increase damage.
Remember to Shifta and Deband also to maximise damage.

You could try to find a good double saber also, or a powerful saber (Red Saber?). And start looking for vulcans.

Thx alot I'll try that, but does anyone else have any equipment or MAG suggestions?

RadHaz
Mar 8, 2004, 09:24 PM
Try a good handgun, if your ata allows it. You should have a varista or custom ray by now, or the shop should be selling guns with hit%.
S/D, J/Z and rabarta. Get those techs as high as you can.
You could also try for more dex in a mag, and get your luck higher.

Yaoi_Shinobi
Mar 8, 2004, 10:12 PM
Since you are a FOmar you might want to try using Techs. Techs+Melee would be a rippin' combination. I'm thinking this cause Forces are made for using techs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

flash_fire
Mar 9, 2004, 12:08 AM
For Forest, you can wipe out quite a few enemies while not even in the room by casting Gifoie several times and waiting till it goes into the next room. Rabarta and Razonde also work but their range is not as good as Gifoie and so wont hit as many enemies. Remember using techs will take alot of patience on Ultimate as the damage for them sucks badly. You are a FOmar... I recommend for a shield Attribute wall. Can't really tell you an armor since you are still only lvl 90. For a weapon your Repeaters should take out any monster in one combo if you have your ATP anywhere near maxed. Just Remember Jellen, Zalure, Shifta and Deband. Your Units could go to better use to boosting your techs with God/Techniques if your don't have high level techs. HP isn't so important on Forest. As long as you don't die in one hit you should be able to Resta yourself plenty.

Yaoi_Shinobi
Mar 9, 2004, 12:26 AM
I know that I play differently than other people but I have found a pretty good combination for FOmar. I have 2 Angel/Minds++ and 2 Metal Bodies. That gives you a good DEF and boosts your MST for good power on Techs. Also I have a Rod type weapon equipped. (Brave Hammer +30 DEF also.) Hope this helps out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sabin_Linhigh
Mar 9, 2004, 07:37 AM
Another good point to take note of is that in some areas in Forest 2, I have noticed it is posible to get enemies "stuck" on walls or ramps. Two rooms I can think of that are best for this are the room where you can raise the bridge, and the room next to that which has two levels. Aside from those two, you can often get enemies stuck on wall corners, or just on the other side of walls. Being a force as you are I would say it would no be too hard to blow them up at that point. As for equipment, I would replace atleast two of the Dragon/HPs with angle/minds, or metal/body. Afterall what is the point of having extra health if you can not take a hit? Your mag seems ok for hand to hand combat, but you are a force so get some more mind. I have yet to get a force to Ultimate but I know that techs can still be usful. As for attacking throw walls with Gifoie, it works, but with a level 20 razonde you can have as much or even more range. My HUnewearl has level 20 Razonde (Or near it) and can hit an entire room with it usually, so I have proof of that. Another tactic you can use is... When there are more then one bartle/barble in a room keep them either; close together, or far a apart to a point where you are only fighting one at a time. When they are close, they will rn into eachother and can throw themselves into a basic confusion of stupid animal AI-ness.

These should help, just remember to kep Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure in affect at all times. I was able to teach a level 30-ish FOnewearl level 21 deband, so you should be able to learn somthing much higher without much trouble.

gallaugher
Mar 9, 2004, 09:36 AM
On 2004-03-08 19:12, Yaoi_Shinobi wrote:
Since you are a FOmar you might want to try using Techs. Techs+Melee would be a rippin' combination. I'm thinking this cause Forces are made for using techs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Excellent advice. Since you're obviously trying to melee & it isn't working good why not try using techs? I would equip a wand or something that boosts MST. Use Mind units instead of all the Dragon/HPs (though you might want to use one or two). If you have a mag with higher mind then try using it.

Jellen/Zalure are your best friend though I mainly use Jellen & Deband when playing a force solo. You also have a natural Gifoie boost. I use Gifoie all the time. If you time it right you won't get smacked.

rising_sunset
Mar 9, 2004, 09:39 AM
On 2004-03-09 06:36, gallaugher wrote:

On 2004-03-08 19:12, Yaoi_Shinobi wrote:

Excellent advice. Since you're obviously trying to melee & it isn't working good why not try using techs? I would equip a wand or something that boosts MST. Use Mind units instead of all the Dragon/HPs (though you might want to use one or two). If you have a mag with higher mind then try using it.

Jellen/Zalure are your best friend though I mainly use Jellen & Deband when playing a force solo. You also have a natural Gifoie boost. I use Gifoie all the time. If you time it right you won't get smacked.

Yes! Melee! And melee with a double saber, like they said use gifoie to keep the enemies occupied while you go behind them and attack. If you are low on TP just use double saber and steal around 60 TP per hit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

azngamer648
Mar 9, 2004, 07:44 PM
Thx everybody for the useful tips ill trt them, but keep the tips coming im going to need them.

azngamer648
Mar 9, 2004, 08:47 PM
I have a Nidra with 5/0/90/105 should I use that?

Eihwaz
Mar 9, 2004, 10:23 PM
Once you get into Ult with a melee FOrce, you should stick with either melee or casting, IMO.

Your gear and weapons aren't too shabby, but they need some fixing.

For a shield, I'd stick with Secret Gear. Regen Gear doesn't have the DFP or EVP that a FOmar NEEDS. Secret Gear will do well for quite some time. When you hit 102, you could try to obtain a Tripolic Sheild, which is about the best sheild for male FOrces. If you don't mind using something hax0red, try Red Ring. 20 ATA OVER MAX is godly for a FOmar. 20 Luck is nice also, as well as great DFP/EVP, and gradual Hp/Tp regen.

For armor, I'd try to get something a bit stronger. A plain old Stink Frame isn't too bad. At higher levels, Guard Wave, Luminous Field, Spirit Garment, or maybe Brightness Circle are very nice.

For Units, I'd recommend 2 */Arm Units, FOmars have atrocious ATA. And then a couple of */Body and/or */HP units. At higher levels with stronger armors, you could probably ditch the */Body for something more useful.

For weapons, well, it varies greatly. G-Assassin's Sabers aren't too bad, but I'd rather go with Red Saber. Although it's a Saber and only hits 3 times, if you just do a 2-hit combo, you're much less likely to get smacked around. A strong doublesaber is nice...too bad FOmars only get 2. A DoubleSaber with LOTS of Hit would be okay, but a S-Rank Twin would be far better.

For ranged gear, I find Mechguns to be somewhat useless at lower levels, thanks to lower ATP. I'd get a strong Handgun. A Red Handgun isn't too hard to find, and is a great addition to any FOmar's gear. If you have one, a Bringer's Rifle might even be better - more ATA and better range. When you hit 680 MST, try to get a Holy Ray.

For crowd control, it depends. A plain Soul Eater isn't that bad, but in Ult, it's kind of weak and inaccurate. Get a strong slicer. Even a Diska with Hit is fine. Preferably a Rainbow Baton with crazy Hit, but that can be kind of hard to get. At higher levels, a Soul Banish or...a Plantain Huge Fan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif would do nicely.

Now, your Mag could do with just a tad bit of work. 50 DEX is a bit low for FOmars...I'd re-raise something with a bit more Dex. 60-70 should be just right. Type of Mag doens't really matter, but a Nidra/Sato would be pretty good for the invincibility. I use Rati, for the cool-factor.

Just make sure to ALWAYS keep S/D casted on yourself, and keep with Zalure. Jellen is useful too, but Zalure is very important.

KingChaos
Mar 10, 2004, 01:21 PM
use mind mag and force weaps and use your techs

PurplePower1
Mar 10, 2004, 01:31 PM
i have an idea, don't use forces.

PurplePower1
Mar 10, 2004, 01:43 PM
your soul shall be raped by my soul!!

PaleKid15
Mar 10, 2004, 03:51 PM
On 2004-03-10 10:31, PurplePower1 wrote:
i have an idea, don't use forces.

Wow, that's a helpful reply. Man, that stereotype about HUmars with agito's is way off.

You should look for Fire Scepter: Agni and maybe a gifoie merge. You should definitely stick to casting until around lvl 100.

azngamer648
Mar 10, 2004, 08:59 PM
On 2004-03-09 19:23, Eihwaz wrote:
Once you get into Ult with a melee FOrce, you should stick with either melee or casting, IMO.

Your gear and weapons aren't too shabby, but they need some fixing.

For a shield, I'd stick with Secret Gear. Regen Gear doesn't have the DFP or EVP that a FOmar NEEDS. Secret Gear will do well for quite some time. When you hit 102, you could try to obtain a Tripolic Sheild, which is about the best sheild for male FOrces. If you don't mind using something hax0red, try Red Ring. 20 ATA OVER MAX is godly for a FOmar. 20 Luck is nice also, as well as great DFP/EVP, and gradual Hp/Tp regen.

For armor, I'd try to get something a bit stronger. A plain old Stink Frame isn't too bad. At higher levels, Guard Wave, Luminous Field, Spirit Garment, or maybe Brightness Circle are very nice.

For Units, I'd recommend 2 */Arm Units, FOmars have atrocious ATA. And then a couple of */Body and/or */HP units. At higher levels with stronger armors, you could probably ditch the */Body for something more useful.

For weapons, well, it varies greatly. G-Assassin's Sabers aren't too bad, but I'd rather go with Red Saber. Although it's a Saber and only hits 3 times, if you just do a 2-hit combo, you're much less likely to get smacked around. A strong doublesaber is nice...too bad FOmars only get 2. A DoubleSaber with LOTS of Hit would be okay, but a S-Rank Twin would be far better.

For ranged gear, I find Mechguns to be somewhat useless at lower levels, thanks to lower ATP. I'd get a strong Handgun. A Red Handgun isn't too hard to find, and is a great addition to any FOmar's gear. If you have one, a Bringer's Rifle might even be better - more ATA and better range. When you hit 680 MST, try to get a Holy Ray.

For crowd control, it depends. A plain Soul Eater isn't that bad, but in Ult, it's kind of weak and inaccurate. Get a strong slicer. Even a Diska with Hit is fine. Preferably a Rainbow Baton with crazy Hit, but that can be kind of hard to get. At higher levels, a Soul Banish or...a Plantain Huge Fan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif would do nicely.

Now, your Mag could do with just a tad bit of work. 50 DEX is a bit low for FOmars...I'd re-raise something with a bit more Dex. 60-70 should be just right. Type of Mag doens't really matter, but a Nidra/Sato would be pretty good for the invincibility. I use Rati, for the cool-factor.

Just make sure to ALWAYS keep S/D casted on yourself, and keep with Zalure. Jellen is useful too, but Zalure is very important.

Thx for the excellent tips Eihwaz, where's the best place to find a Red Saber?

Mr_Special
Mar 10, 2004, 11:58 PM
Use PSOWs item locator...

FYI, I found all my Red Sabers in Ult Forest.

mafuwally
Mar 11, 2004, 04:49 PM

What what an amazing mag!!!
On a serious note, i'd agree with most of the above posts and go with using techs as you are a force. And get a fire septer agni or whatever it is, you'll find the foie techs most usefull in forest

azngamer648
Mar 11, 2004, 10:00 PM
On 2004-03-11 13:49, mafuwally wrote:

What what an amazing mag!!!
On a serious note, i'd agree with most of the above posts and go with using techs as you are a force. And get a fire septer agni or whatever it is, you'll find the foie techs most usefull in forest

Thx you it took me forever to raise the MAG.

lain2k3
Mar 11, 2004, 11:00 PM
yes, mags that are level 210 are quite a spectacular sight...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mafuwally
Mar 12, 2004, 11:45 AM
lol yeah. That's kinda what i was trying to point out to him...

azngamer648
Mar 12, 2004, 05:59 PM
On 2004-03-12 08:45, mafuwally wrote:
lol yeah. That's kinda what i was trying to point out to him...

Woopsies! I meant 5/145/50/0.

Zeroy
Mar 12, 2004, 06:17 PM
sound good to me... go with what they all said... ive never used a melee for so im not much help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeroy on 2004-03-12 15:18 ]</font>

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 13, 2004, 01:22 AM
I'm against melee forces. You want melee? Get a hunter. There's a huge list of reasons y that I'm not gonna write.

Secondly, by coincedence, I also have an Oran FOmar, but he is trained in mind. He pwned Forest at lvl 60. As opposed to lvl 90 getting pwned.

Third, you hafta upgrade your weapons. G assassins will work alright, but repeater are lousy. I'd say Red Mechs, if fomars could use them (reason 74a). Better than g assassins are Yamato, Asuka, Demolition Comet, Which fomars can't use (reason 74b).

Just train a mind mag and tell your tech level. If you have to use melee, I say Jellen, Zalure, Shifta, and Deband all lvl 18 at least.

Scales_of_Air
Mar 15, 2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, everyone has good advice here so I don't have much to say that's different. I have a Nidra with 15/15/40/130 to give me a decent boost in everything. So, while my MIND stat shoots through the roof with the +260, I have the ATP to use my Double Saber+35 and G/Assassin Sabers+25 (now i'm, growing fond of my new Elysion though ^_^) I fill out three of the four slots in my frame with God/Ability(s) for which I traded to help my character overall, and a God/Battle to keep my melee in tip-top shape (can't get smacked around during attacks or it's useless to fight close!). If you can't get your hands on those God Units, try to balance out your other stats with a Metal/Body, Dragon/HP, Angel/Mind, and a good power unit. Plus, Shifta/Deband, Zalure/Jellen always! It helps, especially at high tech levels. Hope that helped on top of all the other good posts, have fun in Ult ^_^