PDA

View Full Version : Freaks and Geeks

Dangerous55
Mar 9, 2004, 04:33 PM
Anyone else loved the one season wonder?

It was on from 1999-2000 and really proves that all good TV gets taken off the air. Great great show. The entire season and extras is coming out soon on DVD, I would recommend getting it or renting it.

http://www.freaksandgeeks.com

edit- Quiz thing didnt work. Here it is:

http://www32.brinkster.com/freaksandgeeks/Ken.html

I got Ken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2004-03-09 13:35 ]</font>

muff
Mar 9, 2004, 04:35 PM
Beat me to it, never mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: muff on 2004-03-09 13:36 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Mar 9, 2004, 04:47 PM
I remember it, but I doubt it'd be worth just owning the first season. =

It was a good show to watch, and yeah, thats the way it goes with shows getting canceled. Almost like they take away from the current big sellers and so they are cut before they draw in from the other show's on tv that are currently making money.

..and the general lack of funding of course.

Dangerous55
Mar 9, 2004, 04:50 PM
Well there are 3 episodes that were never shown, reason enough to buy it. To each his own though.

Ness
Mar 9, 2004, 07:53 PM
You know a good show that got cancelled? Firefly. My dad and I loved that show so much, but Fox cancelled it. They didn't even give us the pleasure of showing the last three episodes of that season.

Back on subject....

I've never heard of Freaks and Geeks.

Outrider
Mar 9, 2004, 08:35 PM
You know what show I loved? Clerks: The Animated Series. They didn't even show the last four episodes of it. Out of the six that existed. But man, I've watched the DVD of them so many times.

I never saw Freaks and Geeks, but I heard good things about it. Perhaps now I can watch it now that it is on DVD.

Noone
Mar 9, 2004, 08:59 PM
I used to watch all those shows: firefly, clerks, and freaks and geeks. I think they used to show reruns on abc family or something and reruns of clerks once on comedy central. I liked that show freaks cause it was more subtle humor rather than the generic sitcom.

OutlawofRagol
Mar 9, 2004, 09:48 PM
But then again they do cancel shows that deserve to be cancelled...

The Pitts, anyone?

But on the other hand they also cancel shows that kick arse... like Pete and Pete... I just bought the entire Pete and Pete series on bootleg DVDs and man, is it ever great...

Dangerous55
Mar 9, 2004, 10:03 PM
Wasn't Pete and Pete on for awhile?

Armok
Mar 10, 2004, 07:07 AM
Ok I answered as closely as possible

I got bill but that cannot be right I get drunk and fight every friday and spend all day pissing about doing nothing.

Hay only reason i play cpu games and watch tv is cos we students are poor and any money week have goes on pot.

_Sinue_
Mar 11, 2004, 12:08 PM
Anyone remember that one show God, the Devil, and Bob? Ok, so French Stewart is a stooge - but that show was great. One of the few I'd actually turn on and watch consistantly.

Too bad there are so many whiney chrisitans out there - they forced em to take it off the air. Bastards.