PDA

View Full Version : Need help beating Pollux!!

CGoodness
Mar 9, 2004, 07:34 PM
Ok.. I can get her down to about 40 HP and then she just beats the living crap outta me. AHH!

Anyone have any advice on how to beat her?

By the way, I'm a Hunter and the character I use is the HUcaseal.

By the way... I kinda just started.. can anyone tell me roughly how long story mode is?

Jools
Mar 9, 2004, 07:37 PM
Your right at the end, the very end!

Jools

CGoodness
Mar 9, 2004, 07:42 PM
That sounded stupid... I said by the way twice in a row.. lol

Am I really at the end? That is very wrong! I'm only at like CLv 11! I can't believe it's really gonna lose its magic THAT fast!

Saigan
Mar 9, 2004, 08:04 PM
You are indeed at the end of the FIRST story. You still have Arkz story and then the final story. So you're a third of the way to being completely done offline.

As far as beating Pollux the -BEEP-

Ahem, sorry, but she is a royal pain.

I beat her by making a brand new deck for Silfer and giving her cheap things that do damage and ways to do lots more damage. If you aren't swinging for ten damage AT LEAST by turn three it's already over. The actual combination of items I had was real simple... Sivitri and a saber.
There is a good reason for this combo, Pollux can AP silence, so you want a wep that can die easily if you need to lose it. Also, Sivitri's AP bonus is almost a necessity.
Having a third item equipped is silly because Pollux has Major Pierce aka, you have three items she can ignore them and go after SC.

Load up on Attack cards that can combo together and try to pummel her before she hits 10 AP because then you are all sorts of dead.

That's the best advice I have on beating her aside from to keep trying.

punkasssss
Mar 9, 2004, 08:20 PM
(3) how many bosses are there in the hero story mode? I've only fought one, the gaurdian. I used my fo that has AP/TP swap perm, I think the name is Relmitos? It worked pretty well.

navci
Mar 9, 2004, 09:06 PM
Leucon Knight is a mid boss. Then there is Pollux, then, depending on if you have finished Arkz or not, you get another boss something Umbra.

Same with Arkz, except instead of Pollux, you fight Castor...

Megadoomer
Mar 9, 2004, 09:38 PM
Sigh.... Pollux.... I still havent beaten her but I did get her down to 11 HP before, double power mazers worked nicely. 12 damage each turn even if she did give me AP silence but it doesnt seem good enough. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

badbitz
Mar 9, 2004, 11:48 PM
i beat one of the bosses easily, Im just not patient enough to beat the attack on the Morgue. Id rather play online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Jools
Mar 10, 2004, 07:47 PM
On 2004-03-09 17:20, punkasssss wrote:
(3) how many bosses are there in the hero story mode? I've only fought one, the gaurdian. I used my fo that has AP/TP swap perm, I think the name is Relmitos? It worked pretty well.

Yeah, thats the top strategy for kicking its ass.

Jools

Kupi
Mar 10, 2004, 09:39 PM
I don't believe that Pollux has Major Pierce. Instead, she has Timed Pierce, which allows her to hit you directly after eight turns (which includes both yours and hers). After she attacks four times, you're taking direct HP damage with upward of 8 AP. As such, make a special deck for her and toss the guards out. Take as many weapons and action cards as you can; the aforementioned Relmitos deck would work nicely. Also, consider Glustar with a setup as simple as a ton of Durandals and Wand-types. The Durandals get two extra damage against Pollux because she's a Story Character, and Wands provide three TP in any case. Stack the deck with Simple techs, and you might be able to attack with two 8-9 damage hits a turn, plus a melee attack if you roll well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2004-03-10 18:42 ]</font>

Crystal_Shard
Mar 10, 2004, 10:23 PM
I seem to remember I went into that battle using Glustar and giving him as much
techs as possible. It ended up being a pure power on power match... I tried not to
rely on weapons at all.

Ugh, she was a major pain to defeat.

Sharkyland
Mar 11, 2004, 12:05 PM
I had Sil'fer. I got like 1 durandals, 1 sword, 1 red saber out, and 1 dragon slayer out and I was doing like 20+ a turn if she didn't (guard, block, wall) and to add to that I tacked on assault, slash, and attack http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I had no shields, no mags, just weapons and guard, reducation, and dodge.

Of course, I beat her (after losing to her 5+ times), because I did this and she kept rolling a two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-11 09:06 ]</font>

HairyGoat
Mar 11, 2004, 04:21 PM
I made a new deck and got the strongest ranger and loaded her up with guns. I just took off as much damage as I could before she got close enough to attack me with a normal attack.

kutulu
Mar 12, 2004, 03:13 PM
When I beat pollux I was dealing roughly 10+ points of damage each turn after the third with Sil'fer. I was usually equipped with sabers, swords, or booma claws. After which I used the split action card, pretty sure thats the name, where it gives AP equal to the dice roll then I'd combo that with the Sword action card that deals 1.5x damage. I did that twice and then just beat her down for the remainder of the battle. Pollux got her blows in but she went down in the end.

Alisha
Mar 12, 2004, 07:56 PM
when i beat pollux i was orland i just stacked my deck with 2 cost items(saber,sword,partisan,etc) and rushed her but i got kinda lucky since i got 2 timely tp defences and she just did her normal attack

badbitz
Mar 12, 2004, 11:04 PM
I think I got lucky or something cause I beat Pollux first time with Klyria....