PDA

View Full Version : How useful is the pipe-trick?

Afrokilla
Mar 9, 2004, 11:05 PM
Ive tried the pipe trick before but dont have alot a patience. I'd like to know how much time it took others before they found a rare enemy.

VioletSkye
Mar 9, 2004, 11:25 PM
anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 or more hours. its all random.

Kuea
Mar 9, 2004, 11:28 PM
Actually a correction to you violetsky it can take up to 3 DAYS.
trust me i tried

VioletSkye
Mar 9, 2004, 11:57 PM
technically it isn't a correction. I said 3 or more hours. The "or more hours" part would cover the 3 days as well. 3 days is 72 hours which falls under that category http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-09 20:59 ]</font>

Kuea
Mar 10, 2004, 12:05 AM
Ah right sorry about that i missed the "or more" part.
Well i guess I'm living up to my other name..Ignorant Of The Obvious
lol

Dragon_Knight
Mar 10, 2004, 08:35 AM
Gajeh- Then you need to sitck with me...I'm the master of the obvious.

Anyway Telepiping is unreliable at best but it is a decent way to get rare enemies oif you have patince....but only if you have it. Otherwise its simply better to run through and slaughter everything in your way.

PaleKid15
Mar 10, 2004, 12:03 PM
On 2004-03-10 05:35, Dragon_Knight wrote:

Anyway Telepiping is unreliable at best but it is a decent way to get rare enemies oif you have patince....but only if you have it. Otherwise its simply better to run through and slaughter everything in your way.

Well, master of the obvious, since piping allows you to see the most enemies in the lest amount of time, it is obviously the best way to find rare enemies. And since it takes less time, it reequires less patience than runs. This topic is SO old. People need to use more than just this sites message board.

gallaugher
Mar 10, 2004, 12:12 PM
You can easily find a Hildetorr on your frist trip through FoS. You can also (easily) spend 3 hours piping in the last room of FoS & never see a Torr. Granted the odds are greater when piping but those odds don't always translate into success. At least if you run through the levels you get some experience & a chance to get other rares.

PaleKid15
Mar 10, 2004, 12:48 PM
Then simply do what I suggested in the other 2-3 identical topics about this. Do runs, and whenever you see the enemy you wish to see the rare version of, you pipe. Maybe just once, maybe 10 times. It's up to you. This way you have the best of both worlds.

goku4ever
Mar 10, 2004, 01:11 PM
On 2004-03-10 05:35, Dragon_Knight wrote:

Oiy thats my award:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=76974&forum=7&10

AeraLure
Mar 10, 2004, 02:15 PM
On 2004-03-10 09:48, PaleKid15 wrote:
Then simply do what I suggested in the other 2-3 identical topics about this. Do runs, and whenever you see the enemy you wish to see the rare version of, you pipe. Maybe just once, maybe 10 times. It's up to you. This way you have the best of both worlds.

That's exactly what I do also. Simply play the quest of choice (or Temple if that's where it is) and plan to run it 3-5 times depending on how long you have and how long it will take. Do the run for exp and for whatever falls randomly and get to the room where piping is going to work best for you (two rooms if you're running AF). Pipe for a little while. At least you'll raise the odds of seeing a rare enemy. Quit and repeat.

More specifically to AF, I have done this a lot: do the run to the Pouilly room and pipe around 15 minutes. Frankly unless I am really determined to see a Pouilly, that is about all I can handle of slime splitting anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Move to the Lily room and pipe for around 30 minutes. I sometimes extend this to an hour tops if I'm really wanting that drop chance. Total run time on this is around an hour and a half, two hours at most, including the piping. Do that 2-3 times and I almost always come out seeing at least 1 Pouilly and two rare Lilies, with at least one of the rare enemy drops (1/2 drops that is). That isnt bad.

I sort of do the same thing with FoS. Run it and pipe for maybe 20-30 minutes tops as sometimes rare bears can take too long. Run time on that with the piping interlude is maybe 45 minutes at the most, and you can do a few of those and see a rare bear in a couple hours -- usually two.

This way you avoid those ugly hour+ piping episodes, gain some exp and other drops and do see a number of rare enemies. More than simply not piping at all.

KingChaos
Mar 10, 2004, 02:48 PM
best thing to do is get a friend to do it 4 u

i get my lil cousin lol

AeraLure
Mar 10, 2004, 02:53 PM
On 2004-03-10 11:48, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
best thing to do is get a friend to do it 4 u

i get my lil cousin lol

LOL! Capital thinking, that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Reality_Check
Mar 10, 2004, 04:07 PM
On 2004-03-10 09:48, PaleKid15 wrote:

Even though this is off topic, I felt it had to be said.

Even though you may not like hearing the same thing a couple of times. Nobody, I repeat NOBODY likes to pick through over 10,000 topics to find something so small and insignificant. Especially if you have a slow computer. It would take hours picking through over 10,000 topics trying to find an answer to their question. It's much faster to just make a post.

If you don't like reading the same thing over and over again. DON'T BOTHER LOOKING IN THE TOPIC AND SAYING HOW P.O.ED YOU ARE THAT YOU'VE READ THIS SO MANY TIMES. It's common sence to just stay away from these things if you don't want to see them.

Thankyou and Good Day!