PDA

View Full Version : Is this smart, or cheap?

psojohndoe2
Mar 10, 2004, 01:46 AM
A few people have told me the modified machine deck i'm using is cheap, and a few people have said it's pretty smart.... I wanna decide if it's really cheap, or actually good, so give me your opinion:

SC: Ohgun

3x Gilchic
3x Recon
3x Sinow Red
1x Sinow Beat
3x MC Guard
3x Resist
3x Dice Fever
3x Companion
2x Dice+1
2x Mine Brightness
1x Survival
2x Reqieum
1x Right Heavy Punch

As far as I understood, the cheap machine deck uses Guard Creatures, Imortality, more defense, more Mine Brightness, 3x Sinow Beat for the clone ability, and some Action Cards, so you took basically 0 damage.

I figured this smart, and less cheap, because 99% of the time, I only have 2 creatures out, one powerful (Sinow Red) and one Limited Action. The goal is to get 5/5 each turn (Dice Fever) so I can completely defend myself or a creature (MC Guard, or Resist) or at least kill of whatever's attacking me, each turn, and do one either A) unblockable attack or B) a strong attack that will at least do some damage if blocked. It often leaves my SC wide open for attack, and no guard creature means he takes direct damage, so it's basically an all out attack deck. Even though Ohgun's ability is Contact Halfguard, 2 or 3 attacks can really take him down.

So, give me your thoughts, especially importers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Note, i've lose like 5 or 6 times with it since i made it two days ago, 3 times to 1 point spammers, and twice to some fairly decent decks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psojohndoe2 on 2004-03-09 22:47 ]</font>

Arislan
Mar 10, 2004, 01:48 AM
Doesn't look bad, pretty winnable either way IMO, although I'd pop out those two Dice + 1s, they aren't needed if you're relying on the Dice Fevers.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 10, 2004, 02:05 AM
The issue here isn't whether its smart or not. Its if its fair to the US players to join their tournaments, and completely destroying them because they don't have the kinds of cards needed to beat you except by doing cheap 1 point decks.

psojohndoe2
Mar 10, 2004, 02:18 AM
Well, 15-16 matches, 6 losses, 3 to 1 point spammers, 2 to decent decks... And you came close to beating me, if your Indi Belra had one more turn. And some of my wins were pretty close too ^_^; If I had won like 13-14 matches, by a good margin, i'd think it were cheap... But as is, there were some close calls ^_^

Arislan: I'm gonna replace those with Zonde I think, for a little suprise ^_^

Arislan
Mar 10, 2004, 02:21 AM
Not really, I could see a Sil'fer basic dec doing pretty well agains this deck. The only think to watch out for really are the Sinow Reds, and he uses those, that ties up 5 points. Use a couple swords or Mechguns, don't worry if they're destoryed, keep a shield up, and block the non Sinow Reds attacks. Losing a card a turn to a Sinow Red won't kill you, and you can keep pressuring towards the opposing Story Character. Worried about movement? Use Stella instead , and adjust deck accordingly.

The lack of Immortality in this deck, not to mention the minimal Mine Brightness, takes down the overall cheapness of this deck very quickly, from a deck construction and typical match standpoint.