PDA

View Full Version : PSO Plus

Kristin
Mar 10, 2004, 03:45 AM
Would I be able to use my chars from the US version of PSO with imported PSO Plus?

Travvell
Mar 10, 2004, 04:21 AM
I`m afraid not, but I`m not completely sure... I think you have to start over.

AeraLure
Mar 10, 2004, 07:38 AM
On 2004-03-10 01:21, Travvell wrote:
I`m afraid not, but I`m not completely sure... I think you have to start over.

Yeah. Will only work with the import version of Ep I&II. Beyond that, it resets everything except for your character level(s). The only thing I am uncertain about is if it resets your offline quests (probably does, since it includes Tower etc).

I really wish, since it obviously had no effect on duping, a US version would get released that also simply didnt reset anything lol. Not gonna happen. I have a level 146 Oran on the import version, but I have made too much progress now on the US version to go and start over... yet again.

Jack
Mar 10, 2004, 08:07 AM
It only deletes item data if you are upgrading from JP V1.0. Players of JP V1.1 will lose nothing.

MagicPink
Mar 10, 2004, 08:45 AM
So if I have the US PSOV1/2 the PSO Plus won't affect anything at all then, yes? And all I have to do to get it to work on a US machine is a boot disk?

Arislan
Mar 10, 2004, 09:15 AM
If you have a US version, you can not transfer your characters to the JP version. They are independent of one another. Hence the reason I still have a memory card with some of my US chars on it even though I'm playing JP Plus. That way I can always go back for some Multi-Mode fun in the US version.

MagicPink
Mar 10, 2004, 09:19 AM
Well, crud.

So how hard is it to get started with the PSOP if you're in the US? Is the Hunter's Liscense purchase form all in Japanese or is it viewable in English?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MagicPink on 2004-03-10 06:21 ]</font>

MagicPink
Mar 10, 2004, 09:50 AM
And have there been any confirmations on new items at all? It seems the only real reason to get it is to stop the double save corruption bug.

LollipopLolita
Mar 10, 2004, 01:56 PM
no new items

http://www.pso-world.com/psoplus.php

HL

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=724

PStar2cadet
Mar 12, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-03-10 06:50, MagicPink wrote:
It seems the only real reason to get it is to stop the double save corruption bug.

It depends on your gameplay issues.If you can already play the usa PSO online,i'd say don't get PSO Plus.I have PSO Plus,because i prefer to play offline,and i don't like the online play payment options of only paying by credit card or debit card.
So for me,PSO Plus was a good way for me to get Seat of the Heart,East Tower,West Tower,and Central Dome Fire Swirl.
PSO Plus also has full ep.2 challenge mode for offline play,which is nice...and the game has the option to play in english,japanese,spanish,french and german.
but if you already can play the usa PSO online,i'd say don't bother with PSO Plus,i got PSO Plus because my situation is different,and not many people i know have the same position.The few people i do know(outside of PSOworld)that play PSO either already play online and can download the missions or play ep.2 challenge online,or prefer to play offline but don't care about the extra stuff on PSO Plus.

AeraLure
Mar 12, 2004, 07:29 AM
On 2004-03-10 05:07, Jack wrote:
It only deletes item data if you are upgrading from JP V1.0. Players of JP V1.1 will lose nothing.

Ohhh. Good to know thank you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I was on JP v1.0 originally, so that's what would have happened to me.

Kristin
Mar 13, 2004, 11:14 AM
I was just thinking last nite while trying to play PSO plus,the items and chars are the same and the game seems to recognize the US game save on the memory card.Did anyone try to erase the system and/or guild card save from a US game save then use it on PSO Plus and see what happens?I'd try it but I have no free memory cards.

PStar2cadet
Mar 14, 2004, 12:17 PM
I haven't tried it,but when i had PSO Plus running,i put a card in slot B that had usa PSO data on it,but i got a message saying that i didn't have any PSO data on the slot B card,so i don't think you can mix the data...though it'd be cool if you could.

dragoon-girl
Mar 14, 2004, 12:24 PM
On 2004-03-10 06:50, MagicPink wrote:
And have there been any confirmations on new items at all? It seems the only real reason to get it is to stop the double save corruption bug.

Tell me more about this double save corruption bug O.O

shinobu_seta
Mar 14, 2004, 01:57 PM
Is PSO plus being released in the US at all?

Alighieri
Mar 14, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-03-14 09:24, dragoon-girl wrote:

Tell me more about this double save corruption bug O.O

It only happens online - the game saves twice when entering locations. If something goes wrong within this small gap of time between the saves - BANG - you`re screwed.

Jason
Mar 14, 2004, 02:13 PM
That got to suck.

PStar2cadet
Mar 14, 2004, 10:09 PM
So far,PSO Plus has not been confirmed by Sega for the usa.Despite that issue of Nintendo Power saying it(I have the issue),Sega,nor Sonic Team(to my knowledge)has confirmed it,nor any other news media. In fact,i have e-mailed Sega about it,even pointing out the NP article,and while Sega didn't comment on NP's statement,they did say 'we have no plans to bring PSO Plus to the usa'.And since then,NP hasn't said a thing about PSO Plus.I'd love to see it here, but i won't believe it unless Sega or Sonic Team officially announces it.And with the import being able to play in japanese,english,spanish,french and german,i'm happy with the import version for now.If it does hit the usa,i'll most likely buy it,and hang onto PSO Plus import anyways,as i collect alot of japanese video games anyways.(I have a bunch of japanese ranma 1/2,sailor moon,megaman and river city ransom/kunio games in my collection,and i kinda like having a japan phantasy star game....lol)