PDA

View Full Version : PSO LAN?

goku4ever
Mar 10, 2004, 12:24 PM
Can gamecubes be hooked up for PSO so that its offline but using the broad band adapters (LAN) like in mario kart double dash?

dragoon-girl
Mar 10, 2004, 12:41 PM
nope.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 10, 2004, 12:56 PM
Goku, PSO requires a server to operate with online function.

Now obviously, digging through the Multimode offline option, there is no point where you're offered to connect via LAN. Or connect at all, for that matter.

Now, if you've got mad Barubary skillz, you might be able to concoct a server that can substitute as PSO's server, but I wouldn't hesitate to wager that those on PSO World who are capable of creating such a thing number in the few. Beyond that, it's not technically legal to do such a thing, anyway.

So in short, while you can all use your individual Hunter's Licenses to connect to the PSO server over an internet-enabled LAN (hopefully you're not trying to do this without broadband), you cannot simply connect two GameCubes together, and expect anything amazing to happen with PSO.

goku4ever
Mar 10, 2004, 01:02 PM
is there any way to use 3 or 4 memory cards for PSO on gamecube then?

Makojin
Mar 11, 2004, 06:17 PM
In offline multiplayer you can store temp characters onto memory card A and switch out the memory cards in slot B, but you must return the characters to thier rightful cards when you end your session. I personally only played offline multiplayer a few times, though I never neded to switch card B for it.

Also the section ID of the offline game is whatever secion ID player 1 is.