PDA

View Full Version : Assist Cards

MightyMule
Mar 10, 2004, 04:37 PM
I assume that most assist cards work for both teams and not just yours but I can't seem to find anywhere to state otherwise.

Do cards like Dice fever,Dice +1,Giant Garden, Support affect both teams?

(I have noted from experience that Dice +1 does, but don't know about the others I listed).

Zaneatron
Mar 10, 2004, 04:40 PM
all assist card afftect everyone unless stated otherwise.

Im pretty sure though that the only other type are ones that can only be played on the owner of the card.

if I were to set the ATK/DEF dice swap card, i can only set it on me, so it only affetcs me.

MightyMule
Mar 10, 2004, 05:01 PM
Now for a follow up question

Lets say someone played Dice fever and then I played Dice +1. Does Dice +1 cancel the fever or does it merely add onto fever (6 and 6 instead of 5 and 5). Or if I say reverse the playing and do Dice +1 and then they do Dice fever will it be 5 and 5 or 6 and 6?

Thanks for the quick reply http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zaneatron
Mar 10, 2004, 05:14 PM
dice fever is a weird card.
i know that if you play dice+1 then dice fever, you will only get 5/5.
but if you play dice fever, and then dice+1, but it must be on a different person, playing one assist card over another removes its effects. so say the dice fever is on you, and it was set first, and the dice+1 was set on you opponent second. technically, you should get 6/6, but id have to try it out or something. i cant remember whats happened in the past reguarding it, except the first scenario i explained.

Mixfortune
Mar 10, 2004, 05:28 PM
On 2004-03-10 14:01, MightyMule wrote:
Now for a follow up question

Lets say someone played Dice fever and then I played Dice +1. Does Dice +1 cancel the fever or does it merely add onto fever (6 and 6 instead of 5 and 5). Or if I say reverse the playing and do Dice +1 and then they do Dice fever will it be 5 and 5 or 6 and 6?

Thanks for the quick reply http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If you play Dice Fever and Dice +1 on the same person, in any order, it will only have the second affect, as it cancels out the first.

Now, provided that they are played on different characters, playing Dice +1 and then Dice Fever will only give 5/5, since essentially you are adding to your dice roll by 1, then it gets set to 5/5.

Also provided they are played on different characters, playing Dice Fever and then Dice +1 will give 6/6, since it sets your dice roll to 5/5, and then the +1 goes into affect.

MightyMule
Mar 11, 2004, 11:36 AM
Okay quick question now about some Action cards. For cards like Bind/Acid/etc... does the physical hit need to be succesful in order for the effect to occur or does it merely require the needed number on the die?

Thanks again

decswxaqz
Mar 11, 2004, 11:48 AM
The attack needs to be successful for the effect to work. But I don't think that Bind Kill/Freeze Kill does need to hit to work.... haven't played in a long time so can't remember >_<.

Alena Zouryx
Mar 11, 2004, 12:53 PM
Do think that assist cards, in general, are good to have in your deck, or should they be replaced with more action and defense cards?

Jools
Mar 11, 2004, 01:12 PM
Team effecting assists are generally better than action cards in team games.

Jools

Sharkyland
Mar 12, 2004, 08:57 AM
I have no assist cards in my deck :/, well I haven't found anything exciting yet...

Stricker
Mar 12, 2004, 11:03 AM
On 2004-03-12 05:57, Sharkyland wrote:
I have no assist cards in my deck :/, well I haven't found anything exciting yet...

bah Me neither. But it doesnt matter as long as you win right? hehe I know there are great assist cards but I havent found any good combo with my decks yet

Sharkyland
Mar 12, 2004, 12:29 PM
It's probably nice to do Dice thingie if you are an arkz because you need to bring out monsters and attack and defend, etc. I play as Hunters so I'm just worried about what my next deal of cards is going to be.

(Ugh, I had like action cards 3 (dodge, defend, assault, reduction, etc) [usually I just say 'arg']times in a row) I really think that the '30' cards you have goes the follow

- draw (remove cards, after action)
- (it shuffles it again)
- gives you more