PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ep1 ending question (Spoilers)

Polar
Mar 10, 2004, 05:18 PM
Just a quick question about the ending to Ultimate Episode 1 (very cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)... the penultimate picture shows the Principal and Irene behind the Principal's desk, with what appears to be Rico standing in front of it, back to the camera and slightly off the top right of the frame.
How???

KingChaos
Mar 10, 2004, 05:43 PM
all i notice about it is that your pleyer is not the one in the epilogue

Cheep
Mar 10, 2004, 07:01 PM
My sister got a different ending then me, and hers had rico. Mine had a bunch of stuff from ragol like really cute rappies with an egg and only one pic of rico and she was young with her daddy. I didn't see my sister's though, but doesn't rico pop out of falz? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 10, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah it is, I say that's cause you are (you being whoever beats Ultimate) in a sense the next Rico, and it shows you doing what she did except for the weapons. I didn't use a Calibur on Falz (I have a Soul Calibur, literally.) On Ult, it just shows how she did what you did. She could be talking to her dad either before she leaves of before she loses to Falz. Ha, some legendary hunter, can't beat Falz.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 10, 2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah it is, I say that's cause you are (you being whoever beats Ultimate) in a sense the next Rico, and it shows you doing what she did except for the weapons. I didn't use a Calibur on Falz (I have a Soul Calibur, literally.) On Ult, it just shows how she did what you did. She could be talking to her dad either before she leaves of before she loses to Falz. Ha, some legendary hunter, can't beat Falz.

LoreSeeker
Mar 10, 2004, 10:00 PM
In case you didn't notice, PSO has little if any plot in it. Whenever they try to throw plot at me in a quest, it's usually so bizarre that I just stare at the screen and go "WTF????????//" Bottom line is that there hasn't been a serious plot in PSO yet, so why start now?

Crystal_Shard
Mar 10, 2004, 10:15 PM
Unless I miss my guess, the second ending occurs after you complete all quests and beat the game.
And the scene is unlikely to be Rico visiting the Principal, since she's already on Pioneer 1. It's
more likely her spirit saying goodbye to her father one last time.

Regarding what there is of the plot, there actually is a rather intriguing story hidden in PSO.
The oly problem is that only people who complete the quests in the correct order, will be able
to know the true story. Not the best thing, but there's at least a story...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2004-03-10 19:17 ]</font>

AeraLure
Mar 11, 2004, 09:36 AM
On 2004-03-10 19:15, Crystal_Shard wrote:
Unless I miss my guess, the second ending occurs after you complete all quests and beat the game.
And the scene is unlikely to be Rico visiting the Principal, since she's already on Pioneer 1. It's
more likely her spirit saying goodbye to her father one last time.

Regarding what there is of the plot, there actually is a rather intriguing story hidden in PSO.
The oly problem is that only people who complete the quests in the correct order, will be able
to know the true story. Not the best thing, but there's at least a story...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2004-03-10 19:17 ]</font>

I agree. What there is of the story in PSO I like a lot.

I only find myself on occasion wishing we had been treated to even just a half dozen or so offline quests in Ep II. There's where it feels a bit shorted to me with the threads a little sparse. We got Seat of the Heart online, which was nice, but more more more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Online quests with any plot are simply too few and far between. Doesnt seem as though it would be that hard to have made a couple more.

As for Rico's spirit in the ending there, that is exactly how I looked at it. I have always liked what they did with the endings once you beat DF. Every time I solve it I watch it all and admire how they did that.

Rico maybe just didnt have a Cure/Freeze. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif