PDA

View Full Version : Giving up

MightyMule
Mar 11, 2004, 08:54 AM
This is something I have noted over the last few days. People are giving up way to early in battles or declare victory (with the "gg") long before it is over.

Last night I was playing a 1 vs 1 (Hunter vs Hunter) and I got them down to 7 HP's. I had 14 Hp's. In my mind the game was long from over but they said "Oh well its over, you won" and then bailed. Leaving me to fight the ever challenging COM. The COM then proceeded to equip several items and put up a decent fight for a COM player, making me wonder how well my human opponent could have done.

Then later when in a Team Tournament me and my teamate lucked out and I landed a hit of 10 damage against an unarmed Hunter. So the Hunter was down to like 8 HP's (maybe 7 again). My teamate proceeds to write "GG" and believed that it was over. I don't think I need to tell you that we ended up losing that one. I should have knocked on wood http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif . (That game was Weasel(Me) and Shadow vs. Omni-Slash and (don't remember) in case any of you are about on these forums).

Anyway, my point is to those who give up early. Don't! In a game that is based around strategy and some luck a come back is possible. Plus if you fight it out until the end it makes things much more enjoyable for everyone.

Jools
Mar 11, 2004, 11:46 AM
Interesting. I've certainly never had that problem with Japanese players.

Jools

MightyMule
Mar 11, 2004, 11:56 AM
it has happened to me several times over the last few days where they will leave after losing around 1/3 of their HP's.

The rudest example of this that I have seen only a few times is in 2 vs 2 games where nobody knows each other and one partner will just bail when things get a little rough.

Classix
Mar 11, 2004, 02:14 PM
Does that count as a 'Disconnect'?

MightyMule
Mar 11, 2004, 02:20 PM
No I am not talking about disconnects or mysterious disappears. These are cases where the person says something like "We've lost" or "If I had better rolls I would have won" and then exits within moments.

Sharkyland
Mar 11, 2004, 07:41 PM
I'm getting those too... people quitting before I play them. I hope I'm not scaring them. ;_;

I don't bite...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-12 00:59 ]</font>

punkasssss
Mar 13, 2004, 03:00 AM
I had a similar situation today, someone got my hunter force down to 7 hp very early because I got bad cards to start, then I proceeded to get very good cards and beat them 15 minutes after they wished me a "gg"

Delphi_Vinn
Mar 16, 2004, 03:49 AM
I see that a lot. It's kinda sad to see people just give up like that :/. Like someone said earlier, stuff does happen, and luck is a big part of this game. Sometimes the dice just won't roll in your favour. Or heaven forbid someone has a better deck than you.

Sharkyland
Mar 16, 2004, 09:33 AM
I want to fight someone. I hate losing to the computer. x_x Also, people have 'new cards' and I can ask them what the heck that card does. I seriously don't know half my deck.

SeiferA
Mar 16, 2004, 10:05 AM
I never give up in matches.

One example would be against a guy who used an Al Rappy deck in the rock level. He was doing a pretty damn good (and annoying) blocking defense. But I refused to give up, despite him being confident he was gonna win.

So I continued to take down all those Al Rappies, even knowing that they would return to his hand...and slowly but surely, I got to him. Last move he did was a 3 way attack, all dodged with shields/reduced, then I unleashed the final blow.

A match can change at any time. It all depends on your combination of cards, as well as strategy.

Sharkyland
Mar 17, 2004, 10:43 AM
I don't give up either... though I haven't been playing much online, either...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-17 07:44 ]</font>

cenote
Mar 17, 2004, 09:42 PM
I have had some people do this it was a defeat team battle and he died and since I was an arkz I was trying to get a better view and I noticed that the dead person laying on the ground was a com... Almost positive it wasn't a dc...

punkasssss
Mar 17, 2004, 11:13 PM
I fight to the death, if only to make the winner get a worse rank.

Armok
Mar 19, 2004, 09:00 AM
I fought the cpu today on hunters against a native deck. My dragon slayer destroy rappy after rappy gaining me 6 exp a trun for the first 5 turns.

I moved next to Break at the side of the screen and being overly confident killed a rappy for exp rather than hit his life points. This came back to haunt me as i got surrounded (couldnt mutli hit with sword) and got beaten pretty badly. In the end losing when break had one hp left all because I wanted an S rank http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif