PDA

View Full Version : GC: from Normal to Very hard...

Cap_Canuk
Mar 11, 2004, 09:51 AM
I've gotten through normal level recently and been through most of the hard level, though not all the way to Dark Falz. So to my great surprise, while online this week I got to play thorugh to the end with a couple of people in Hard mode. YAY! What a change! Dark Falz was a real pain in the *! I kept getting killed by that blast of light, nothing doin'. Oh well, the experience was interesting.

But then, last night I got to play with some people on very hard mode... ouch! And I leveled up like 3 times in an hour. I believe I'm now level 46 or so (geeze, I lost track!).

What surprised me the most though, was the quality of dropped items! I was griping about not finding anything good on normal or hard mode just the other day. Let me tell you! There's a big difference with items, even from just regular boxes lying around, from normal to very hard.

On a side note:
it's such a shame that there are total dick-wads out there who come and ruin everyone else's gameplay. At least twice last night we had players join us who were giving absolutely NO support and just jumping on items that dropped and then running to the next room before anyone else was ready. Thankfully, we got to play with a couple of level 100s who were absolutely honourable. They helped us, they tutoured us, and we actually got to return the favour every once in a while with some Resta.

Armok
Mar 11, 2004, 10:18 AM
Glad your enjoying it best times you have are when you are a lowbie. Just remember to stick to your principle and play honourably. Enjoy just the vhard weopons you find and definatly don't accept and too good to be true drops by other players as they can destroy the games challange.

Manwe_sulimo
Mar 11, 2004, 10:24 AM
It is a shame, Cap that such people exist, online and offline(my friend is one of them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif). However, your probably at the most fun part of Very hard, where theres a serious chance of dieing a lot. Just wait till you get to ultimate.....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

goku4ever
Mar 11, 2004, 10:37 AM
On 2004-03-11 06:51, Cap_Canuk wrote:
What surprised me the most though, was the quality of dropped items! I was griping about not finding anything good on normal or hard mode just the other day. Let me tell you! There's a big difference with items, even from just regular boxes lying around, from normal to very hard.

Must get to v hard mode! im on mines in hard at the moment.

blazeking240
Mar 11, 2004, 08:34 PM
lol just wait till ult i found ruby bullet from my first run on volt opt lol i still use it since im a ramarl im currently level 176 but i only need 265,000 till 177 so close lol

Sabin_Linhigh
Mar 11, 2004, 08:39 PM
I know how it can be... I remember starting out in this game. I caught on pretty quick(I just do that). I do not have an Online hook-up, but that does not make the game any worse. I have gotten my friends into it also, which makes it great. One of my friends however, is kind of like those people you described... I was playing Ultimate with him, and we found a rare gun. I picked it up, he said he would tell me what it was though(I was a Hunter, he was a Ranger) Well, it turned out to be a Yasminkov 3000R... He stole it... It was bad for a while, but we went back and found another, so now I have one too.

Heh-heh, just wait until Ultimate, you do not know dieing until you step in their unready.

Sharkyland
Mar 11, 2004, 09:15 PM
Got some good weapons, neh? I need to beat hard offline x_x blah... at least I'm pretty strong. I need a keyboard (tried to buy an adapter today, doesn't work) ;_;.

Usually, I'll drop rares when I get more than three of something or when someone hasn't seen a rare for a long time while (those playing on Normal and Hard). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm going to be like Jason.

Snake is a friend of mine. He wants to find all the rares too and we're excited a bit to be online. ^_^ So sorry if we were rude to you in some ways.

---

I've been on ultimate, 'Marina Hojo' (skyly) who got corrupted was lvl.125 with Red Sword +52, 20% hit and some other great weapons like Chainsawd and delsaber buster and shield. I entered when I was 66, I was like omigod... help me. x_x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-11 18:20 ]</font>

Kuea
Mar 11, 2004, 09:59 PM
When I can get online I'll be helping people.
but no one can get pissed at me picking up all the items....because i don't. If I see a red chest I pick it up and if I can equip it i see what it is then I most likely drop it. If I can't equip it I drop it.
It's the same way as offline with my friends

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2004, 12:35 AM
Ult is the best. It's the only place where you find truly worthwhile SW's. Like, I have Ruby Bullet, but Red Handgun +50 is better. I found Stink Frame today; what the point of that thing?

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2004, 12:39 AM
I finally had time to get mah lvl 42 hoomar to V hard. Finally. Yay for Me. And I finally bothered to just beat Olga on V hard with my hucast. I hadn't gotten around to it yet alright?

flash_fire
Mar 12, 2004, 12:40 AM
You can upgrade your Stink frame to a really nice armor if you have enough parasite cell ds. If you need parasite cell ds you can get them from Gallons shop by trading pdrops to pdrop guy. I don't remember how many it takes, you can look it up on this site though.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2004, 12:49 AM
pbbbt! I'm offline! Pbbbbt! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

flash_fire
Mar 12, 2004, 12:53 AM
Lol, don't ya hate that?

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2004, 12:55 AM
I'm POOR! Could ya spare a dime? Pleeze?

Nah, you all can get corrupted as I..... get corrupted by my stupid brother. Damn.

Zeroy
Mar 13, 2004, 10:27 AM
if you think thats alot of rares, wait 'til Ult. i got 2 dragon slayers from bartles in consecutive rooms! (got one in the 2nd room, another in teh 3rd.) and better yet, i got 2 angry fists from El Rappys in the same room, in the same bach of rappys. theres also more stuff in the boxes in ult, other then canes (at least for me.) i found my Custom Ray in a box.

BlackHound2
Mar 13, 2004, 11:51 AM
I'm only on hard ruins, because Dark Falz has that one dark attack that keeps killing me. Anyways, I go to v hard mode and ultimate with my friend, but Dark Falz just keeps annoying me with that attack.

(And enjoy the good weapons while you can. Soon you'll find nothing new and it will be BORING)

Cap_Canuk
Mar 13, 2004, 03:13 PM
On 2004-03-11 18:15, Sharkyland wrote:
Got some good weapons, neh? I need to beat hard offline x_x blah... at least I'm pretty strong. I need a keyboard (tried to buy an adapter today, doesn't work) ;_;.

Usually, I'll drop rares when I get more than three of something or when someone hasn't seen a rare for a long time while (those playing on Normal and Hard). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm going to be like Jason.

Snake is a friend of mine. He wants to find all the rares too and we're excited a bit to be online. ^_^ So sorry if we were rude to you in some ways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-11 18:20 ]</font>

OY! NO! Hey Sharky, I don't want you thinking I was referring to you or your friend!

Jive18
Mar 13, 2004, 04:04 PM
Glad your enjoying it best times you have are when you are a lowbie. Just remember to stick to your principle and play honourably. Enjoy just the vhard weopons you find and definatly don't accept and too good to be true drops by other players as they can destroy the games challange.

Listen to Armok. Enjoy the wrold of PSO as much as possible before everything loses it's original enjoyment and excitment. The only things that make me happy these days are finding uber-rares (like that ever happens) or leveling up. Nothing else is appealing. It just sucks, and lately I've been pondering over quitting. MegamanX is done, Xeno is gone, it seems as if the old veterans are starting to leave http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. But agin, the new wave of PSO players are coming, and you guys will surely keep this game going.