PDA

View Full Version : Attack in spain

BOC
Mar 11, 2004, 02:24 PM
i dont know how much coverage this is getting stateside, but for those of you who don't know, a terroist group set off 10 or so bombs today in madrid, killing over 190 people so far, making it the worst terroist attack on european soil since the Lockerbie bombing.

from what is gathered they believe that the basque separatist group eta carried out the attack, though people think it might be al qaidia

my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families, and that it wont be long before the twisted and evil bastards who did this will be brought to justice.

KaFKa
Mar 11, 2004, 02:30 PM
my thoughts are summed up in one two word statement:

Fucking terrorists

(my thoughts go out to the families and victims as well)

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2004, 02:39 PM
I was planning on going to Spain for a business trip but, I guess me and my dad can meet his friends somewhere else?

goku4ever
Mar 11, 2004, 02:43 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif my heart goes out to them. The terrorist scum dont deserve to live

Dangerous55
Mar 11, 2004, 03:21 PM
Horrible.

They have to find out who did it. They thought it was ETA, but I guess it is Al-Quada(never learned how to spell it) now.

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2004, 03:28 PM
On 2004-03-11 12:21, Dangerous55 wrote:
Horrible.

They have to find out who did it. They thought it was ETA, but I guess it is Al-Quada(never learned how to spell it) now.

Notice how ETA and GTA are closely related in abbreviation.

BOC
Mar 11, 2004, 03:40 PM
ETA usually make a phone call giving a bomb-warning. no warning was given, which has lead them to suspect another group.

Also they haven't ever done anything this big before, which has made people suspect bin ladens gang.

that said, the cops say its the same kind of explosives that ETA usually use.

me and my family where in spain about 5 years ago on holiday. i remember we had just left the airport to go to the hotel when a bomb went off in the airport toilets. i shudder everytime i think about what could have happened had we left a few minutes later.

or even a year later, when we went back to the same part of the country, me and my dad where walking through the town centre when about 6 cop cars pulled up and started moving people down the street because there was a 'suspect device' left beside a fountain.

so to mirror kafka's wise words:

FUCK TERROISTS!

PEACE!!!

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2004, 03:41 PM
My god I can't believe this... now we're going to send a military police to spain?

This is bull shit.

Dangerous55
Mar 11, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-03-11 12:41, BogusKun wrote:
My god I can't believe this... now we're going to send a military police to spain?

This is bull shit.

Er, nobody said that.

BOC
Mar 11, 2004, 04:19 PM
yeah BogusKun, where did you get that from?

latest update: the spanish police have found an arabic video tape in a suspect van in madrid.

its looking increasingly likely that it was al qaidia.

PEACE!!!

Alighieri
Mar 11, 2004, 05:11 PM
If it continues like this, the people from EU and US might be asking themselves on every 11th "Where will the bomb explode this month?"

Daikarin
Mar 11, 2004, 05:16 PM
The media know said that the ETA didn't claim the attack like they normally do.

And that a truck containing arabian possessions inside was seen nearby.

Al-Qaeda?

I make mine the words of the president of my country.

*Moment of silence*

Skett
Mar 11, 2004, 05:16 PM
Blast them. It seems a bomb explodes everyday. Its like the world is about to end or something.

Edit: I'm with New. We should all have a momment of silence. I think they should have a worldwide momment of silence for those who have died when this is over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2004-03-11 14:38 ]</font>

Ness
Mar 11, 2004, 06:24 PM
Hmm...

I've haven't heard anything about it. My heart goes out to the families of all the victims.

The_Pea_Guy
Mar 11, 2004, 06:42 PM
I feel sorry for the familes of the victims who have to endure such a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to them.

Heh. It won't be long now until Britain follows suit. As long as my stupid goverment keeps Islamic fanatics such as Abu Hamza in our country, who knows how many lives will be lost in the near future.

Stupid terrorists, stupid Labour goverment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2004-03-11 15:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2004-03-11 17:01 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Mar 11, 2004, 07:42 PM
I love living in a world where people must blow up other people to force their lame assed views upon them, fucked up world.

All terrorists should get in a line and have a foot rammed up their ass for being wankers.

Kiara
Mar 11, 2004, 08:23 PM
WTF is going through their minds? "Let's show them their beliefs are wrong by blowing @#*$ up!!"

I pray for the day when all these bombings stop completely. *prays for every inocent that lost their lives/their loved ones*

Kuea
Mar 11, 2004, 08:27 PM
God what makes them do uch things
*shakes head in disbelief*
The way things are going they are going to get ahold of a nuke.... God sometimes I just want to lose myself in PSO.
Wait... I already do

Dhylec
Mar 11, 2004, 10:03 PM
heh, as a new yorker.. one can tell how i feel about terrorism http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Blitzkommando
Mar 11, 2004, 11:42 PM
I say give all their leaders sex changes and send them back to their little groups to get done to them what they do to others. They are all sick... Well I won't get into that. Just remember the key part in 'terrorism' is terror. I could get into how terrorism has affected my life and totally screwed it up but I don't want to hijack this thread. Having said this I know things a bit faster than a lot of people here in the states due to the line of work my parents are in. Sometimes it is better not to have the media tell me than someone I know and trust has better information or at least more complete information.

Mr_Special
Mar 12, 2004, 01:25 AM
On 2004-03-11 17:27, Gajeh wrote:
God what makes them do [s]uch things[?]

er... well, many suicide bombers do it for god...

Alighieri
Mar 12, 2004, 01:33 AM
On 2004-03-11 22:25, Mr_Special wrote:

On 2004-03-11 17:27, Gajeh wrote:
God what makes them do [s]uch things[?]

er... well, many suicide bombers do it for god...

Oh please, even devotion must have it`s limits!

Outrider
Mar 12, 2004, 04:00 AM
That's horrible. Ugh, the world is so screwed up sometimes.

As everyone else has said, my heart goes out to those who lost a loved one in the attacks.

_Sinue_
Mar 12, 2004, 10:48 AM
I don't believe it has to do with God. At least, that's not the most important factor. Terrorism is done for political and social reasons - with god tossed in to give their cause an air of ritgeousness which will attract followers. You're average suicide bomber might give his life for his belief in god - but the ones planning the attacks I'm sure have very different motivations and agendas.

I heard the news on the way home from an interview at NIM. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who died sencelessly today.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 12, 2004, 11:19 AM
Here is something to think on. Wont other terrorist groups change their tacticts to mirror those of Al-Quada? That way they do the damage and not take the blame.

Btw, lets not start another religion is at fault thread again. Most of these terrorist in the end are moved by one thing only, the desire for power.

Ketchup345
Mar 12, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-03-12 07:48, _Sinue_ wrote:
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who died sencelessly today.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

I wonder if the "War on Terrorism" will ever end?

Daikarin
Mar 12, 2004, 06:32 PM
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~umair/images/cartoons/terrorism.gif

Discuss.

Kuea
Mar 12, 2004, 06:32 PM
ever end because when one group is gone another takes its place.
just like cockroaches *shudders*

_Sinue_
Mar 13, 2004, 02:56 AM
I think the problem with that is - the terrorists have no nation or government to themselves. Were the USS Cole, 9/11, or the recent bombings in Italy caused directly by a forign country - it would be an act of war, not considered terrorism.

Sort of convient how that's set up - since we absolve ourselves from the dirty word of Terrorism because we claim it as war. We can never be terrorists (although individual citizens can be).

It's all the same though. It's killing others.