PDA

View Full Version : The Punishment Game for Akiyama

SeiferA
Mar 11, 2004, 04:37 PM
Apparantly, as you all likely know, it starts at 9pm JPN time. Now, I've read through as much through the previous tourney as much as I could, yet I still can't really understand the point behind this match up. Maybe I overlooked through something, but could somebody tell me if there's a point behind this and if there's any real reason to attend the event?

I was thinking about it, but...waking up at 5am in the morning central time just so I could get a jump on it...I dunno...

(Side note: Forgive me if that question was too newbishish or too obvious)

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 11, 2004, 11:34 PM
I'll video it, but i need to know the time EST i need to be there by, and what ship/block.

Zolpner
Mar 11, 2004, 11:41 PM
9pm (2100) japan = 7am US EST.
any more problems with time (if im wrong) go here http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

SeiferA
Mar 11, 2004, 11:46 PM
eh, might as well check it out then if nobody else has a clue on the matter ^ ^;

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 12, 2004, 08:17 AM
Bleh, sorry. Alarm didn't go off. We'll catch the next one when the next tourney comes round.

SeiferA
Mar 12, 2004, 09:24 AM
ah, realiable Haro. His alarm never fails me with his L33T Gundam OP jingle.

It wasn't too bad. Akiyama was skipping from ship to ship, battling against other players with YK3. I don't know if whether or not those players were pre-set to fight him, though. He lost twice and won once from what I saw. Then the ships got packed, so I couldn't tell if whether or not he was around, so I left.

Kinda wished I fought against him...ah well.

Malkavian
Mar 12, 2004, 12:49 PM
I watched exactly the same as SeiferA.

I saw people standing on battle tables like waiting to be the chosen ones. I think they just choosed whatever 2 players they wanted to choose.

SeiferA
Mar 12, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-03-12 09:49, Malkavian wrote:
I watched exactly the same as SeiferA.

I saw people standing on battle tables like waiting to be the chosen ones. I think they just choosed whatever 2 players they wanted to choose.

They CHOSE people?

...gods, now I feel stupid for following around Akiyama over nothing.

Well, on the plus side, I got to talk with SONICTEAM a bit. I THINK she said that the event was for japanese players only. So even if I were to find him, I doubt he would've chose me unless I had my settings switched to japanese...

...then again, YujiNaka said that he managed to play them and they really didn't seem like they stopped the match or anything when he spoke english.

I think the point behind this was that since Akiyama lost the previous contest, he had to live up to a bet. That bet was to play against other PSO players all night long.

It would defiently make sense. And now that I think about it, I feel sorry for the poor guy. XD

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 12, 2004, 07:54 PM
I did manage to squeeze one video out, hopefully i'll have it up sometime tonight.