PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI

DarkBlade3
Mar 12, 2004, 10:20 AM
Does anyone on this site play Final Fantasy XI?

If so let me know!

Kent
Mar 12, 2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=76667&forum=9&82

Skett
Mar 12, 2004, 08:33 PM
Although I cant say that I do, I know several friends that play this. Around three and I am considering buying the PS2 version. How much is the monthly fee?

Outrider
Mar 13, 2004, 03:04 AM
Thirteen bucks a month, I believe. Plus an extra dollar for every extra character. PLUS an extra dollar if you want to play the card game... but that's not fun at all.

BogusKun
Mar 13, 2004, 03:44 AM
Pfft Card game. Tetra master isnt all that great. However, PSO3 is

Outrider
Mar 14, 2004, 01:03 AM
On 2004-03-13 00:44, BogusKun wrote:

I think Tetra Master was the card game from FFVIII. That game wasn't bad. I'm talking about the one from FFIX and FFXI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-03-19 18:18 ]</font>

eXo
Mar 14, 2004, 02:07 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=76667&forum=9&82

Thepandaman
Mar 14, 2004, 05:35 AM
so, can anyone confirm whether ffXI works in europe? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't (i'll import the game from america), but I was checking to see if the monthly cost works in europe (VISA is universal isn't it?), and whether lag becomes a problem, even though I am on a 600k connection.
I really do want to get though if it does work, because I've heard it's fun if you can get friends to play it with, and 3 of my friends are planning on getting it as well.

Kent
Mar 14, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-03-13 22:03, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-03-13 00:44, BogusKun wrote:

I think Tetra Master was the card game from FFVII. That game wasn't bad. I'm talking about the one from FFIX and FFXI.

...No. Tetra Master is from IX. Never disgrace VII with a mistake like that again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

goku4ever
Mar 14, 2004, 10:23 AM
when is it released in uk? Will it b possible to pay the monthly fee wiv splash plastic?

Kent
Mar 14, 2004, 05:13 PM
From what I've read, there are no current plans for this to be released in th UK. If there are plans, they have yet to be announced.

(...What the hell is splash plastic?)

goku4ever
Mar 15, 2004, 10:30 AM
splash plastic is a top up card that u top up at newsagents and can use it to buy stuff online. It is very secure coz if some 1 does nick ur splash plastic u only lose wots on the card.

derBauer
Mar 15, 2004, 10:35 AM
splash platics sounds like the Visa gift cards. Works like a credit card but only has a certain amount on it.

goku4ever
Mar 15, 2004, 10:38 AM
visa gift card? ive never heard of that. Can u use em to buy stuff on the internet?

Thepandaman
Mar 15, 2004, 12:46 PM
I dont' mind if it won't be released in the UK, just whether or not the monthly cost will be able to be payed. Would I get a response if I wrote off to square enix, if so does anyone have a contact email for them?

DarkBlade3
Mar 19, 2004, 10:02 AM
Any one who wants to play with FFXI Online with me Make a new character or tell me and i will see if i can get you a world pass. So you can come to the server Siren.

For all who dont play and want to then the price is $50 for PC and $100 for PS2 and its $13 per week and $1 each extra character.

~Iam going to attempt to make my own server but it may take a while and once iam done i will open it to all players who want to join.

Kent
Mar 19, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-03-19 07:02, DarkBlade3 wrote:
Any one who wants to play with FFXI Online with me Make a new character or tell me and i will see if i can get you a world pass. So you can come to the server Siren.

I've already got some people from PSOW on Fenrir, so they might ant to come to my server instead.

~Iam going to attempt to make my own server but it may take a while and once iam done i will open it to all players who want to join.

You don't realize how illegal that is, do you?

Nai_Calus
Mar 19, 2004, 06:36 PM
FFVIII's card game was Triple Triad.
FFVII didn't have one, instead you had chocobo breeding/racing and the like.

FFXI sounds kind of meh to me, and the price is ridiculous. Let's see, 8.95 a month for two seperate games I enjoy, wherein I can have as many characters as I want provided I have the memory cards to store them on, or 13 bucks a month for one character, and I can't even exactly pick where I play without pestering the one or two people I actually know to get me one of those world pass things... Hmm, no thanks. I think I'll stick with PSO. It ain't perfect, but it's cheaper and has more variety. XP

Outrider
Mar 19, 2004, 09:18 PM
Oh wow, I just realized my mistake. When I said FFVII, that should've been FFVIII. Heh, sorry guys.

eXo
Mar 20, 2004, 12:12 AM
heh happens to te best of us http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but lets nt forget to mention that on FFXI you are able to take up any job with just that one character its not like most mmorpgs where a.k.a this char is only a mage and that char is only able to be a warrior etc..etc.. although im not sure about the unique jobs anyone else know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif plus i think that its a cool idea to beable to have a character who can adjust to what ever the party requires

BogusKun
Mar 20, 2004, 04:29 AM
On 2004-03-19 18:18, Outrider wrote:
Oh wow, I just realized my mistake. When I said FFVII, that should've been FFVIII. Heh, sorry guys.

I't ok Greg... we all make mistakes.

You're name is Greg right? Heh.

Meh!~?

Majadamus
Mar 20, 2004, 05:25 PM
I have FFXI and I'm on the Bahamut server and my names is guess...... "Majadamus"

IMO FFXI > PSO

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 20, 2004, 06:22 PM
On 2004-03-20 14:25, Majadamus wrote:
I have FFXI and I'm on the Bahamut server and my names is guess...... "Majadamus"

IMO FFXI > PSO

Yay someone else thats on Bahamut, My name is Brennan in the game, I am almost level 40 thief/10 ninja, what job/level are you?

eXo
Mar 20, 2004, 10:33 PM
so since people use there name to locate each other i take it that only one of the same name is allowed per server.like diablo so that means no 50 people with the same name in one area http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Kent
Mar 20, 2004, 11:43 PM
Every character on a single server needs a unique name. So you won't see two people with the same name any time soon.

DarkBlade3
Mar 21, 2004, 10:22 AM
I know it is illegal but if you think about it how many illegal things do u do every day. There are always ways to get around it,

And if you want people to come over to your server then fine u dont have to get all serious...it was just a question.