PDA

View Full Version : Item: Pouilly Slimes the damn things wont drop an item.

DrakenRhal
Mar 12, 2004, 10:46 AM
I've used the telepipe trick to find Pouilly Slimes and I found three if the things and im not mad that the didn't drop the Lavis Cannon(im redria(duh)). They didn't drop any thing at all im confused they didn't even drop crappy meseta.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_pengy.gif

Kuea
Mar 12, 2004, 03:51 PM
well them dropping any items is all about luck as well.
so just keep on trying.
btw do you read any of the sword of truth series? that name is so familier because its in that series.
(well almost darkhen rahl) or something like that

Jack
Mar 12, 2004, 04:39 PM
Heh, I've just seen one drop a Devil/Technique.

Kuea
Mar 12, 2004, 04:41 PM
devil/technique.....nice!!!

Trugeta
Mar 12, 2004, 05:10 PM
i ran into one online about 30 min. ago and it dropped a lavis, but the other guy got to it before me.

azngamer648
Mar 12, 2004, 06:21 PM
On 2004-03-12 14:10, Trugeta wrote:
i ran into one online about 30 min. ago and it dropped a lavis, but the other guy got to it before me.

*Cringe* Awwww you missed a very excellent item.....

Ketchup345
Mar 12, 2004, 06:43 PM
On 2004-03-12 07:46, DrakenRhal wrote:
They didn't drop any thing at all im confused they didn't even drop crappy meseta.

In order for a slime to drop something (normal or rare); it must be split (or the origional) from one that hasn't dropped an item already.

Meaning:
You split a slime. One is Red. You kill a blue and it drops an item (anything, even meseta). The Red won't drop anything at all.

It is always best to kill the Pouilly Slime first.

Dhylec
Mar 12, 2004, 07:47 PM
some red slime showed up in my vh ttf & dropped a god/body
& another god/body in vh white day..
i can't get a heartkey yet, but at least that's something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ShinAsura666
Mar 15, 2004, 10:50 PM
I found that it works best if you try and get a blue slime to kill the red ones(not splits though).Iv'e done it twice and got a lavis both times YAY

Blue-Hawk
Mar 16, 2004, 12:40 AM
Something that has been bugging me. I have a redria racaseal. Whats the best way to split slimes for her?

Blitzkommando
Mar 16, 2004, 12:42 AM
On 2004-03-15 21:40, blue-hawk wrote:
Something that has been bugging me. I have a redria racaseal. Whats the best way to split slimes for her?

Get a spirit or geist weapon then shoot the slime twice with special then once with normal attack so as not to kill it but to allow it to split.

Blue-Hawk
Mar 16, 2004, 12:44 AM
Traps won't work?

_Ted_
Mar 16, 2004, 01:59 AM
Or even better, get a unidentified weapon, and shoot the slime with its special. The special can never hit since the weapon is unidentified, so on your third shot the slime will split!

NiteOwl
Mar 16, 2004, 09:59 AM
I got lucky. I was tooling around caves with my Skyly and I split the very first slime I came across and it was a red one. That's only the 2nd red one I've ever seen. Since it drops a demolition comet, I really wanted one. But I accidentally killed the blue one, so I got scared that it wasn't going to drop a red box for me. But it did, since the blue didn't drop anything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Happy me!

Auracom
Mar 16, 2004, 10:16 AM
Example:

Hmm lets say you have 4 slimes. You split them all, one dies. You see 3 on your screen, pipe up. When you get back down there's one. You split again and there's a red slime. The red slime is the same slime you killed last time. You proceed and kill the slime and you'll get nothing.

Don't let any slimes die and don't kill any slimes while piping. Red Slime drop rate is 100%. By 100% drop I mean it with ALWAYS drop something(green ,orange, blue, yellow, or redbox) if you haven't killed the slime in a past pipe.

Garm
Mar 16, 2004, 10:41 AM
it's all luck...

tp spot: AF

droids split (always works for me): hit your attack button and quickly press r (or release r if it wasn't on the 'main menu') if done correct you wont hear a sound or see a bullet fly do this two times and dont use it on the 3th strike so you'll auto split it.
p.s. why does almost nobody know this trick onine? always have to explain it to 99% of the ppl who see it if i dont hit the boxes standing at the boss arena, without a keyboard...

humans/newmans split: rabarta...

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 12:46 PM
Enemies only drop an item once. Under normal conditions an enemy can only be killed once, but some enemies like Hidoom, Miguim, Canabin and Slimes can be forced to respawn. If you do so they won't drop another item.
In the unique situation of piping slimes, if a blue slime died and then you pipe and it spawns as a red slime, that red slime will not drop an item.

You might be mad, but this prevents the uber cheapness that would be piping online. As you know rare enemies online are predetermined and therefore always spawn rare even if you leave the area. With a red slime online you can kill it and then pipe to make it reappear and kill it again. If ST didn't make enemies only drop an item once then if you see a Red Slime online you could get its rare as many times as you wanted by just forcing it to respawn and killing it over and over.

Hrith
Mar 16, 2004, 12:51 PM
On 2004-03-15 21:40, blue-hawk wrote:
Get an S-Rank Gun or Rifle (or Needle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ) with a Jellen special, then hit 'special-special-weak', 100% success.

heyf00L
Mar 16, 2004, 01:01 PM
Nah, I'd just use an untekked ??? Partisan and do Special Special Weak.

That should work fine. It might hit early sometimes. Remove ATA boosting equipment maybe.

Hrith
Mar 16, 2004, 01:16 PM
it depends on the special, HP/TP-stealing specials may hit (TP for non droids) even if the weapon is untekked. I tried untekked Last Survivor, and I could hit with the special, sometimes.

This is one of the things, Sounomi and I still need to check :S

on a separated note, you will always miss with untekked weapons that have no specials, for instance Yasminkov (any), when untekked has a "special" that will always miss, obviously >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-03-16 10:17 ]</font>