PDA

View Full Version : So you think PSO is easy...

Riel
Apr 19, 2001, 06:43 AM
This might of been mentioned before,but still i have to note this,for those high level guys who think the game is easy and want a challenge.Have you tried a few of the online(not sure if they are the same offline) quests that involve the Mines??.I played 2 games yesterday,one on hard and the other on very hard.The 3 other wanted to do some quests.I dont usually like them but i said why not,piece of cake.So we get the briefing from this guy(you will have a non-stop onslaught of monsters..etc...).I'm not sure of the name of the quest,but all the rooms in the mines are almost pitch dark for one,and when he said onslaught,he wasnt kidding.Man what a rush,the first room has some of those big tank like machines,those purple and orange machine that start off on the ceiling and drop down..and so on....We where all over level 70,and we barely made it(thank god for my Soniti who casts invincibility on me a lot when i am in trouble).Fast,furious action.Just a little suggestion if you never tried this and want too.Bring your second best weapon,just in case you dont want to lose your best one,its that hard,but a great feeling once you beat it.

Sierra
Apr 19, 2001, 06:52 AM
Its not really all that hard =P
Its actually pretty easy if you have a good weapon like a spread needle.

IceBlink
Apr 19, 2001, 08:00 AM
Okay, here's a challenge. Play through Endless Nightmare (mines) WITHOUT a mag, and using a saber+1 or a handgun+1. See how hard it is then... ^_^

Omege12
Apr 19, 2001, 08:11 AM
Hehehe that's gotta be tough to do, specially if you're a droid.

Mina
Apr 19, 2001, 08:19 AM
NEVER!NEVER IN 1 MILLION YEARS WOULD I UNEQUIP MY DUCKY!i never do!hes my baby!

Sisqua
Apr 19, 2001, 08:35 AM
Here's an amusing challenge for some of the higher levels amongst you - it was a subject of discussion on the UK boards a while back.

Try going down to the forest on normal with no armour, mag or weapons (no equipment at all in fact) and kick your way through the level. Then try and kick the dragon to death at the end.

The level is relatively easy - trying to kick the dragon without getting squashed is a little harder http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

S.

Evic
Apr 19, 2001, 08:58 AM
LOL, I used to be big in Quake (until PSO took my little online time), and people were always saying, "Think it's easy then do..."

I always thought they were really funny

"Think it's easy! Try beating the game with the Ax running backwords with a strobe light implanted behind the left cornea listening to Jimmy Hendrix while tripping out on shrooms. That's hard!"

hehe, anywayz I don't know what the relevancy (sp?) of this post is...

Where's Danger Girl... I need a spanking....

---------------------
"The most popular Newbie!"
---------------------
Evic - L16 - RAcast - Greennill
Cro Magnon - L9 - HUcast - Skyly
Intaura - L2 - FOnewm - Purplenum
---------------------

IceBlink
Apr 19, 2001, 09:01 AM
Heh! ^_^ Maybe a new challenges thread should be made.. or continue this with challenges for people to try out! ^_^

Hmm... go through the Forest WITHOUT using one single Resta or 'mates! ^_^

Sisqua
Apr 19, 2001, 09:02 AM
On 2001-04-19 06:58, Evic wrote:

Where's Danger Girl... I need a spanking....

Crikey... Don't get me started http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Omege12
Apr 19, 2001, 09:06 AM
Try this:
-Killing the Dragon with a Varista, but you can only shoot the wings.
-Killing De Rol with a Cane, Saber,or Hangun only.
-Use only Weapons like Brave Knuckles and beat Ruins

Just some suggestions

IceBlink
Apr 19, 2001, 09:18 AM
Varista with Dragon? Um... too easy. ^_^ Try again. ^_^

Lmnopia
Apr 19, 2001, 09:54 AM
like i always say fight nude...

Core
Apr 19, 2001, 09:59 AM
hahahah i knew that was coming!

Ellis
Apr 19, 2001, 10:09 AM
hey where r these uk boards, just out if interest

Breezblok
Apr 19, 2001, 01:20 PM
Me an Iceblink tried this one:

Play through a level using techniques only, no attacks except the special on the double saber (only to restore TP). It was really cool. Pyrotechnics aplenty!

merlin
Apr 19, 2001, 06:08 PM
I play the game thru using only techniques all the time.What i REALLY like is a frying pan and no mag at all. ( clong, clong, CLONG!!! ) I'm just about to try those quests....

kanyon
Apr 20, 2001, 04:42 AM
I also did a tech only game for a while, with Iceblink, I had my HUnewearl hanuit out. Special from dbl sabre was only weapon attack. It was pretty hard for me lol, but fun none the less.

BWS-1
Apr 20, 2001, 04:57 AM
On 2001-04-19 06:00, IceBlink wrote:
Okay, here's a challenge. Play through Endless Nightmare (mines) WITHOUT a mag... ^_^

they don't call me ''the mag_less droid'' for nothing... I also like the saber +1 as my little friend during ruin3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Acel
Apr 20, 2001, 07:44 AM
Like i said somewhere else before. The challenge is to finish VH DF with the lowest level possible(on and offline) without weapons like Spread Needle, Heavens Punisher etc or a lvl 200 mag(units are fine). That is the REAL challenge. I remembered beating PS2 at around level 25 for everyone...so all those other suggestions are pretty stupid(like oh without armor and watsoever but what? At level 100 and maxed out stats etc, along with tons of scape dolls and an open warp gate? Thats so damn easy for god sake!)