PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else just fall apart when battling human players

Castoth
Mar 12, 2004, 10:10 PM
Well more specifically for me is 1v1 battles. I can dance circles around CPU opponents with relative ease, get easy S ranks, and what not but the moment I step into the field with a human opponent I change. I begin making stupid mistakes (placing a Bullet Storm without realizing that I won't then have enough to use Punch and can only attack with a handgun while they unload next turn), the dice begin hating me, and my deck does not want to give me any items whatsoever (or the only 1-2 expensive items in the deck and I get a bad roll to boot). It's now been twice in a row that I've been owned by newbie decks thanks to the above. -_-;

Frustrating sometimes...

DeathCheese87
Mar 12, 2004, 10:19 PM
Hahahaha, this means I have a chance when I go online.

I'm sure your luck will change around, anyways.

Link00seven
Mar 12, 2004, 11:17 PM
I think part of your problem may be you lose focus. You've been versing NPC's so much that the game seems easy. When you verse a human opponent, just stay focus'd and you'll be fine. ^_^.

Sharkyland
Mar 13, 2004, 02:14 AM
I've been battling human players fine (people just say I get good dice or I get a good hand). I just lost to the CPU today, Ohgun... geezus (twice in one tournament, I'm like wtf, beat him the first time). Second time, he slaughtered me. 13HP remaining, mine of course 0. I had crappy rolls (usually 1 for defense) and all my big costly items just kept coming in x_x I had like a defense card like once every five tries.

Sil'fer died ;_; (again) ;;_;; which brings my loss to 5.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-12 23:16 ]</font>

navci
Mar 13, 2004, 02:17 AM
I do too. I think it's the actual pressure of trying to maintain a balance of not sounding too happy when you have good stuff and not sounding too angry if you're on the verge of losing.

... It's the whole socializing thing.

punkasssss
Mar 13, 2004, 03:06 AM
I had a little trouble at first, but I seem to be getting the hang of it.

NoeGenisis
Mar 13, 2004, 04:21 AM
yer, i think you need to just chill out a bit when playing online..enjoy the game instead of worrying about what the outcome might be.

kingmurp
Mar 13, 2004, 05:24 AM
The important thing to remember is that people are just as nervous as you are. The only real time to worry is when you fight someone lotsa levels higher than you.

Malkavian
Mar 13, 2004, 07:42 AM
I have 226 losses. Is not soemthing to worry until you have more losses than wins heh. I hardly stand COM anymore, is extremely boring. At least trying new decks adds a bit of spice.

kitsuneko
Mar 13, 2004, 08:10 AM
I've always been good-ok in 1v1 battles, but in 2v2 i still have trouble. Im good at card games in general but I'm *still* not used to building good decks for 2 player unless its an Arkz deck.

Nai_Calus
Mar 13, 2004, 10:04 AM
Brr, humans. I loathe fighting them. Especially since I turn into turbo-bastard when I lose if the other team/player gloats at all. X_X; I also have boring, sucky n00b decks(I'm a higher CL online than off, and my online level is 5. >_>;;;) full of boring, sucky n00b stuff. Ok, Ino'lis + stuff with good TP + techs is nice, but not horribly effective when you have no techs in your hand and can only do about 1 damage. It's best for beating up on Arkz, really. >_>;

Speaking of suck, I suck ass at Arkz. My 'strategy' for the two times I beat up on a friend of mine's Arkz deck with mine was to hide Endu behind a couple of Al Rappies while I sent Vulmers and Evil Sharks to whack poor Creinu. Whoo, exciting.

Skorpius
Mar 14, 2004, 07:45 PM
On 2004-03-12 19:10, Castoth wrote:
Well more specifically for me is 1v1 battles. I can dance circles around CPU opponents with relative ease, get easy S ranks, and what not but the moment I step into the field with a human opponent I change. I begin making stupid mistakes (placing a Bullet Storm without realizing that I won't then have enough to use Punch and can only attack with a handgun while they unload next turn), the dice begin hating me, and my deck does not want to give me any items whatsoever (or the only 1-2 expensive items in the deck and I get a bad roll to boot). It's now been twice in a row that I've been owned by newbie decks thanks to the above. -_-;

Frustrating sometimes...

i only feel comfortable in 2v2, and facing people i can trust. then the loss doesnt hurt so much >.<

HKDon
Mar 14, 2004, 09:03 PM
I really enjoy playing with real people rather than the perdictable com (grr still need to beat Pollox), I love playing 1 on 1 duels but I kinda stink at team duels (blarg I only won 5 times hehehe) I hardly break down, I mean we all go through a time in the duel when it looks like we're about to lose and theres nothing left to do, but ya just gotta keep on going and hope for the best (wow this sounds like a bad Anime dub lesson http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif') after all this game comes down to the dice and cards you get. And I never duel anyone whos a real jerk because..... well I never meet anyone like this (lucky I guess http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
I'm real comfortable with playing with Hunters instead of Arkz, but sooner or later we all have to learn how to play both of them

Eibra
Mar 15, 2004, 01:00 AM
Speaking of suck, I suck ass at Arkz. My 'strategy' for the two times I beat up on a friend of mine's Arkz deck with mine was to hide Endu behind a couple of Al Rappies while I sent Vulmers and Evil Sharks to whack poor Creinu. Whoo, exciting.

And the third time when I finally got good dice rolls I kicked your butt!!! Yeah, third time's a charm heh.

I don't mind loosing to humans, the few who I've played are generally good spirited about the victories, so I don't mind loosing so much, I imagine I'd probably get a bit more peeved if they were gloating and rubbing it in my face or something.

Shimarisu
Mar 15, 2004, 10:03 AM
On 2004-03-13 04:42, Malkavian wrote:
I have 226 losses. Is not soemthing to worry until you have more losses than wins heh. I hardly stand COM anymore, is extremely boring. At least trying new decks adds a bit of spice.

I have about 400 ish losses, more wins than you. It's a third of my overall wins, and I play humans 99% of the time.

- Shimarisu

Jools
Mar 15, 2004, 11:06 AM
That thrill of playing against humans is what the games all about. None the less, anyone else accidently skipped their act phase at a key moment? Man.... that sucks.

Jools

RuinedReBirth
Mar 15, 2004, 12:20 PM
I have Jools, I did so when I had a snipe in my hand on attack, I pressed over instead of up..I still won though, took one hell of beating because of it..

Sometimes I can stand to lose...Of course I'll scream "geigh", but life goes on. I'll complain only when someone starts talking a whole lot of schitt in the middle of battle.

Last night was the worst. I was test decking in a tournament with Arkz (I suck with 'em...) and I faced these 2 guys named _Blade_ and Dino. Of course, we lost. _Blade_ in the middle of battle sai d to me "fukkin noob." "Fukkin llama? Ok, this is a test deck." "Sure it is, you suck." I challenged him to a duel after his tourny was done. After it was done, he came into the lobby and said these exact words "IGN pwns PSOW." Since when did I represent PSOW? Anyway, I made a room, waiting for him to come in the room to duel him with my Hero deck...He didn't come. Instead, My friend Dio headed over to Deneb 9 (IGN block) and oddly enough, Blade and Dino arrived. This is what they had to say "WE JUST OWNED PSOW, WE DRIVED THEM OUT OF THEIR SERVER." ...No comment. Anyway, I went to Deneb 9 to talk to him, and he refused to fight me...because he owned my test deck. A few of my friends were there, telling him to "pwnt" me again, since he claimed he "pwnt" me. Never did fight him, he ran. He equipped Meteor Smash and Baranz Launcher. First off, Baranz sucks for a 5 point equip. I love how he equipped Smash in the beginning, and equipped Baranz in the heat of battle. What a fool.

Anyway, I'll always hate those 2. Besides them 2...I've had a good time.

Alisha
Mar 16, 2004, 06:32 PM
in a word no my record is about 200 wins 70 losses fighting human opponents gives me a rush and i turn my game up a notch im more likely to make a stupid mistake against comps

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2004-03-16 15:34 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Mar 16, 2004, 07:01 PM
I have more loses than wins. Unfortunately I like team tournaments, but I lack a human partner for the team. So if I even win one battle with my comp partner Im content... at leas I got some meseta.

But there have been few human players I have played against that either laughed at me or just spam so much during battle that it is really annoying (yes I put Mute on, but still is annoying)

I would love to challenge Shim just once, Ive heard so many great things about her, I dont mind if I lose, if the player is a challenge and a good sport, then its a good game nonetheless.

Castoth
Mar 16, 2004, 08:35 PM
I am beginning to get better at battling human opponents at 1v1 play since I made this topic at least.

On a side note, Baranz Launcher does not suck. It gives +4 AP, has the range of a Shot (great for Kranz/Stella users), returns to your hand if destroyed, and if you time your defense cards right, it can even destroy your opponent's weapon as well.

cenote
Mar 17, 2004, 09:30 PM
Just keep your mind on the srategy and mistakes like forgeting you have an item or something then realize that you are right up next to your opponent happen to every one once in a while... Some more often than others. But my advice is to listen to music or something and ingnore the people who act 1337. Just never underestamite your enemy and be ready for anything.

Kupi
Mar 18, 2004, 08:13 PM
So far I've only won two matchs against humans, and the rest that I've lost have all been lost to a single mistake each time. Just today I failed to notice that the space I was moving into was a corner as I tried to buy myself some time. I spent the rest of the tourney's 20-minute match trying to fight my way out of that corner, only to have my attempts repeatedly frustrated by the Arkz player setting new monsters every single turn.

I really, really, REALLY wish you chose whether to attack or move first.

Malkavian
Mar 19, 2004, 07:06 AM
On 2004-03-18 17:13, Kupi wrote:

Then all Arkz should have the ability to attack S char directly for compensate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Duoryu
Mar 19, 2004, 11:42 PM
On 2004-03-19 04:06, Malkavian wrote:

On 2004-03-18 17:13, Kupi wrote:

Then all Arkz should have the ability to attack S char directly for compensate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But then when you've got a team battle going and have surrounded the player, would you want to be the one who can get attacked directly if you were in range of an indi belra? In my opinion the Arkz can really shine in team battles because then your monsters aren't always fodder for the cannon so to speak, the opponent has to concentrate on both players, and when you're in a small map that makes it easy for the stronger monsters with larger attack range, but that's just my opinion.

laotse
Mar 30, 2004, 10:17 AM
I've been playing exlusively Arkz, and when I first started, I had very monster heavy decks where I used large numbers of low cost creatures to block in Hunters and serve as cannon fodder. Then I started noticing the Hunter player getting 9 ATK points in later rounds because of the huge dice bonuses all my cannon fodder were giving him.

My most recent Arkz deck is based around having only 2 to 3 creatures on the board at once, and there are only 9 creature cards total in the deck. It works far better than any of my previous decks.

That being said, I've made some truly idiotic moves fighting other humans online. The worst was blowing a match that I should have won a few nights ago by attacking with my creatures in the wrong order. Instead of destroying their shield and then killing them, I damaged their shield, then destroyed it, only doing 1 point of damage to them, and they killed me next turn.

What server do most of you PSOWers hang out on anyway? I haven't really found myself a regular server yet.