PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth it NEmore...?

Final
Mar 13, 2004, 12:22 PM
OK, by now, I would have about 3 legit lvl 200's offline.

But, since I found out the items I was being given from trades to some1, where duped.. I gave all hope up on those characters.

I deleted them once I found out HE never found the items; he got them from a duper.

After that, I sold my entire Gamecube collection, with the Gamecube...

Do you guys think it's better to get Ep1+2 again? And for what system? I have an XBOX, and live. But no HL.

Should I get the GCN version again? /heard that not many ppl have the xbx version/

Don't you even dare tell me to get Ep3... I played it at the guys house who ruined my chars, and it sucked. I'll wait for Ep4; when and if it returns to a good old killing spree...

Well? Thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Final on 2004-03-13 09:24 ]</font>

azngamer648
Mar 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
Get it for the GC. Its better when u play online with your friends. 3 level 200 legits... WOW...

Final
Mar 13, 2004, 12:48 PM
On 2004-03-13 09:43, azngamer648 wrote:
Get it for the GC. Its better when u play online with your friends. 3 level 200 legits... WOW...

nonono, I said I ALMOST had them.

They where like, 185, 179, and 192.

I never got passed 145... or 148 on the DC ver2.0 man... so that's an accomplishment. Well, for me anyway.

Hmm.... this'll take some time to get the money to buy it though.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 13, 2004, 01:06 PM
Curious. Why'd you sell your GC because your friend lied to you? ^_^
I mean, you could've just as easily deleted all the items and kept the
characters... Getting rid of the Cube seems a little extreme.

Just curious.

Final
Mar 13, 2004, 01:12 PM
On 2004-03-13 10:06, Crystal_Shard wrote:
Curious. Why'd you sell your GC because your friend lied to you? ^_^
I mean, you could've just as easily deleted all the items and kept the
characters... Getting rid of the Cube seems a little extreme.

Just curious.

Deleting them only would not wipe away the disgrace of using hacked items! I never traded on the DC version if I so much as thought the guy used codebreaker to get the item.

I'm a true dying breed... kids today don't care abotu duped items, b/c it's an in-game glitch. No software needed; so they think it's OK.

Well... IT'S NOT! Not for the truly devoted, like me.

When I found out my brother cheated on the 4th .hack game; the fact that he cheated on the same device used to save my games on, was enough to make me start over. After deleting them both. And telling him not to use cheat devices on anything that belongs to me.

If it can't be done with your skill, it doesn't need to be done. /I can trade alright, but not to ppl who dupe, cheat, or steal/

*shrugs* Yep... a dying breed.... -.-;

rena-ko
Mar 13, 2004, 01:13 PM
honestly?

be happy youre over with it. PSO is a drug and a mayor waste of time.

concentrate on a real life. get a good education, get a good job, do some nice travels, make some minor wishes come true, or try to change something.

besides this... "best" choice might be the cube version of ep1-2, but these days is a bad time. its not sure wether or not ep1-2 plus gets released outside of japan. the servers are quite empty because ep3 hit stateside recently.

Nai_Calus
Mar 13, 2004, 01:31 PM
Well, the world doesn't need more idiots like you, so... Nah, stay away. ^_^ PSO is bad and eeeeeeeeevil.

I mean, seriously. Being uber-legit is one thing, but deleting high-levels and selling your gamecube because you had a couple of dupes is just a sign of pure, utter stupidity. You think it makes you morally superior, but it really just makes you look dumb. *shakes head*

navci
Mar 13, 2004, 01:40 PM
Aren't you overreacting a little?

I mean. Your thing about a cheated game file sitting by your "legit" game file side by side and that makes you go in and delete your file is kinda like:

OMG! This pen that my friend gave me isn't an actual pen, but is a pencil! Lemme go now and throw away all the things in my house so I can clear this disgrace!

... Seriously. Take it easy. They don't carry viruses, ya know. If you know your hard work on those characters were fair and legit, and a couple of duped items make you feel disgraced enough to wipe out your hard work... well, you seem a bit insecure. :/

Final
Mar 13, 2004, 01:46 PM
On 2004-03-13 10:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
Well, the world doesn't need more idiots like you, so... Nah, stay away. ^_^ PSO is bad and eeeeeeeeevil.

I mean, seriously. Being uber-legit is one thing, but deleting high-levels and selling your gamecube because you had a couple of dupes is just a sign of pure, utter stupidity. You think it makes you morally superior, but it really just makes you look dumb. *shakes head*

A couple dupes is an understatement... I lent my memory card to the guy once, so he could do a trade for me against someone on THIS forum long ago... sure, I got my legit Standstill Shield... but that's not all. I practically had nothing that was mine. My mag was the same color, but the stats where better in atk. The many fake Agitos I had, where replaced with REAL ones...

All my Enemy parts where made into the weapons. For some reason, my Meseta was maxed, and so was my Photon Drops... I wanted everything the way it was, b/c my friend, that is the PUREST of bragging rights. But no... he had to "Help Me", and make everything else better.

I don't expect you or NE1 else here to understand why I did it.

I didn't keep track of the 4th character, but when I got my memory card back... she had every tech AND stat maxed...!!!

You all see it as stupid, but I see it as a new challenge to get back there again one day.

I do things like that partly b/c I have too much time on my hands, and partly b/c it's the more honorable way.

The characters where corrupt in my eyes. And in any one of YOUR eyes, they would've been also. Unless of course you yourself cheat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Final on 2004-03-13 10:49 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Mar 13, 2004, 01:48 PM

I agree, that is VERY stupid. However, if this guy would like to get technical, there's almost no way for an online character to be legit.

So, Final, let's think about this. Based on your extremist views about being legit, you probably would think a character is lame if they played/leveled up with a non-legit character in the game. If that's true and you played a game with this person, you wouldn't be legit anyway. I'm sure you can think of all the possibilities that this might mean, but in any case, you would probably get pissed and delete shit, sell a system, and overall freak out.

I don't think it's worth coming back to PSO, it would cost you way too much to go selling your systems and such.

anwserman
Mar 13, 2004, 01:48 PM
Ooooh...

So, does that mean I'm not legit anymore since I used a hacked Dark Bridge to see Red Ring Rico in Ultimate.. and then once I saw her I sold the Bridge for 1 meseta!

Dude... you wasted probably a good 800+ hours on those characters because of a couple hacked items? I've used Al Rappies before, and man they bit. So, I got rid of them and played the game the way it was meant to be.

Be glad you're not playing PSO. Just stick on the forums and crap though. I haven't played 10+ hours of PSO in the last month. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I should cancel my HL.

Final
Mar 13, 2004, 01:54 PM
As long as you don't use the items, you're still legit, Lore.

"Freak Out"? haha, as I said, I don't exopect any of you to understand. I simply asked a question, and gave a reason. If i'd have none this is how the forum turned out after a few months, i'd have not wasted my time signing up again, just to aska question.

navci
Mar 13, 2004, 02:00 PM
On 2004-03-13 10:54, Final wrote:
As long as you don't use the items, you're still legit, Lore.

Yes, but your character were running side by side with the cheater! That is just like your save files sitting side by side with your brother's cheated game file. It seems like you define the "okay-ness" to your convinience.

"Freak Out"? haha, as I said, I don't exopect any of you to understand. I simply asked a question, and gave a reason.

When you post things on a forum, you are bound to have other people's opinion throw back at you. Your question has also been answered, most people here seemed to think if that is the way you view things, you're best not playing PSO anyway.

As Loreseeker said:

I don't think it's worth coming back to PSO, it would cost you way too much to go selling your systems and such.

You asked a question, you have your answer.

Don't you even dare tell me to get Ep3... I played it at the guys house who ruined my chars, and it sucked. I'll wait for Ep4; when and if it returns to a good old killing spree...

*snicker*

goku4ever
Mar 13, 2004, 02:57 PM
I have to say this coz its true but dont bother getting PSO again. Instead get final fantasy crystal chronicles, that makes PSO seem like nothing and really boring. its ace!

VioletSkye
Mar 13, 2004, 03:28 PM
Question:
"Is this game worth it NEmore...?"

Answer:
I don't know, is it? You're the one who played for countless hours and leveled numerous chars past 100. One would hope that you already know whether or not its worth it. Based on YOUR past experience, do YOU think its worth it to come back? I'm going to assume you have a fundamental understanding of the current PSO atmosphere in regards to state of "illegit" play (ie. dupes, max stats, hacked mags, multiequip, etc.)

Why would you bother asking us, considering your extremist and rather foolish attitude towards many of us? Ian already covered the stupidity of selling your GC because of something so petty.

Selling your gear doesn't make you a "dying breed." It makes you an idiot. Don't waste your money (or your mom and dads money or whatever) buying another GC if you can't mentally and emotionally deal with it.

If you want to be "honorable" next time instead of acting like a little child and trying to rid yourself of the "evilness" of cheating that traspired, why not donate your GC to a charitable center that could use it. I'm sure there are plenty of underprivileged children who would still enjoy playing on your "tainted" machine. I'm fairly certain they wouldn't give a f*ck about whether or not someone used a cheat device on it. Also if you want to be "honorable" try spending some time doing service oriented projects to help others. Playing 100% legit in PSO doesn't mean sh*t in the real world my friend. No one in real life is going to give a rat's ass or respect your uber legit status, especially if you're dumb enough to sell all your stuff because of your little tantrum.

Jive18
Mar 13, 2004, 03:55 PM
I couldn't have put it better myself Violetskye. Final, you seriously need to think about how much you over reacted over a game. The whole point of a game is too enjoy it, not sit in the corner of your room sulking over 1 bad thing. This is why I try to get away from games like once a month, I don't want to get into a game so much that it practically consumes my soul. You wanted some advice, I think you just got it, from like 11 knowledgable people.

Jason
Mar 13, 2004, 04:01 PM
Including me.

anwserman
Mar 13, 2004, 04:08 PM
On 2004-03-13 12:28, VioletSkye wrote:
Question:

Answer:
I don't know, is it? You're the one who played for countless hours and leveled numerous chars past 100. One would hope that you already know whether or not its worth it. Based on YOUR past experience, do YOU think its worth it to come back? I'm going to assume you have a fundamental understanding of the current PSO atmosphere in regards to state of "illegit" play (ie. dupes, max stats, hacked mags, multiequip, etc.)

Why would you bother asking us, considering your extremist and rather foolish attitude towards many of us? Ian already covered the stupidity of selling your GC because of something so petty.

Selling your gear doesn't make you a "dying breed." It makes you an idiot. Don't waste your money (or your mom and dads money or whatever) buying another GC if you can't mentally and emotionally deal with it.

If you want to be "honorable" next time instead of acting like a little child and trying to rid yourself of the "evilness" of cheating that traspired, why not donate your GC to a charitable center that could use it. I'm sure there are plenty of underprivileged children who would still enjoy playing on your "tainted" machine. I'm fairly certain they wouldn't give a f*ck about whether or not someone used a cheat device on it. Also if you want to be "honorable" try spending some time doing service oriented projects to help others. Playing 100% legit in PSO doesn't mean sh*t in the real world my friend. No one in real life is going to give a rat's ass or respect your uber legit status, especially if you're dumb enough to sell all your stuff because of your little tantrum.

I can easily relate to the whole "uber-status" thing... getting all 180 emblems on SA2 was sweet, but it means nothing in reality.

Essentially, it boils down to this: Got the emblems, and a couple years later I showed Mitch my "achievement." He stared at me, and I admitted I'm a loser for spending 99+ hours into the game. However, its not as bad as knowing I spent 650+ hours into PSO.

Yes, I do agree with VioletSkye completely with those thoughts. Yes, you are a dying breed, because not many people are that obsessed with PSO in the first place. However, this isn't a flaming war so I'm not going to get itty-gritty with the insults. Feel that you don't deserve to play the game? You should have given it to somebody who would want to play it. Since I never play my GC, it currently resides with my sister - four hours away - who enjoys multilating her Sims on it. I might ask for it back someday, but she gets more use out of it then what I have before she took it, so its all good.

And to tell the truth, if you're that obsessed with the game... go outside.

Get a life.
Check out the exclusive review here! (http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/071103minusworld/1.html)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-03-13 13:13 ]</font>

mafuwally
Mar 13, 2004, 04:18 PM
To be frank, selling a gamecube in which you could've purchased many more games with and played on such greats as Mario Kart and Wind Waker, because of 1 guy messing around with 1 of your games...is a tad.....extreme....

teflon
Mar 13, 2004, 07:11 PM
And people wonder why cheaters hate legits.

Direlect
Mar 13, 2004, 09:46 PM
I have to say 1 thing, get over it, sorry if this is a flame but hey you are a freak.

Sef
Mar 13, 2004, 10:25 PM
I'd say the 'freak' bit goes a little far, but doing all that was a little over the edge.

I'd come back to it though. It's a great game for multiplayer and can take up some time if you've got it. Just, uh, don't do anything like that again.

trypticon
Mar 14, 2004, 03:51 AM
I'd say that this Final guy is ADE in disguise again. Would ADE have even gone that far though?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-03-14 00:51 ]</font>

Batou
Mar 14, 2004, 04:03 AM
LOL man your a jackass LOL ....

KingChaos
Mar 14, 2004, 04:37 AM
whats so bad about a little amount of dupes

Sef
Mar 14, 2004, 08:15 AM
Well, if the items weren't mass duped, just find your friends character and kill all those weapons...Then you'll have the originals.

KingChaos
Mar 14, 2004, 10:37 AM
On 2004-03-13 10:13, rena-ko wrote:
honestly?

be happy youre over with it. PSO is a drug and a mayor waste of time.

concentrate on a real life. get a good education, get a good job, do some nice travels, make some minor wishes come true, or try to change something.

besides this... "best" choice might be the cube version of ep1-2, but these days is a bad time. its not sure wether or not ep1-2 plus gets released outside of japan. the servers are quite empty because ep3 hit stateside recently.

why do you still play it?

AeraLure
Mar 14, 2004, 11:07 AM
Eeesh. Give the guy a break everyone. So you dont agree with the measures he took, fine. I'd say they were a bit drastic myself, but I have also retired from PSO once before. Different reasons, but hey, we all have our own reasons.

And thanks to rena-ko for saying something sensible. We play PSO because we love it. I assume so anyway. Legit or not, returning or never left, that's why we're all on these boards. Eventually we'll move on, but I dont see a need to unnecessarily encourage it. Gaming is by definition a waste of time. If you have some free time to spend on gaming, do it. Try not to let it get in the way of everything else.

Dont think the other things matter all too much anymore (legit vs non-legit etc). How I'd define legit is simply not going to be how anyone else will, so while I on occasion share how I look at it, I try pretty hard not to get involved in trying to define it for someone else.

And Final, no PSO is no different than when you left it. The only difference I see is it is less crowded. So the choice is yours. If you miss the gameplay, go for it. Its all the same as it was.

AndyPandy
Mar 15, 2004, 05:28 AM
Question:

Answer:

Although I dont agree with original posters extreme actions, I would say that behaviour and actions in a game can tell you a lot about that persons morals in real life. Take for example a person that acts stupid, or offends other people online all the time. This person will in most cases probably act like this in real life as well, or have severe mental problems and need help. The same may also go for duping or cheating. Although you may dismiss this notion as silly, you might not realise that your actions of honesty within a game could also effect your actions in real life in regards to honesty. You might be a person that always wants to take the easy option, the cheap way of doing things that requires very little effort. This could be attributed to that persons attitude towards dupingcheating online.

I think what im trying to say here is if a person acts dumb or is obnoxious to other people online, or cheats etc, he or she is more than likely going to be the same in real life even though they might not realise it YET.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-03-15 02:30 ]</font>

Saffran
Mar 15, 2004, 07:47 AM
In answer to the original poster: get the game again if you can afford it, but this time don't ever lend your memory card! (don't lend your memory card period, actually)

I would have deleted the chars too, *before going online again*.
I would have demolished that guy into next year... considering how far you went, I'm surprised you didn't *do* anything about it.

And to all posters who flamed him: look at what was done with his chars and tell me the hacker didn't go overboard....

Manwe_sulimo
Mar 15, 2004, 11:50 AM
Lets look at a hypothetical situation here: you play online. You trade with people. You will get at least one duped item. This is reality. Solutions? See below:

1) Take the extreme route again. Nuff said on that I think.
2) Accept said reality and get on with enjoying the game like almost everyone else.
3) Play but don't trade.
4) only trade with people you know better than your own mother. This however, is unlikely, as it is an online game!

On a personal note, If I want a bore cannon (read: spread needle), and I get one online, its unrealistic for me to expect a ligit one, given the odds of one being found (several thousand to one), so with that in mind, I wouldn't really care if it was duped or not. At least I can say that I didn't dupe it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Manwe_sulimo on 2004-03-15 08:51 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 15, 2004, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't recommend restarting PSO, seeing as you've already spent several hundred hours playing PSO, and then deleted those chars...

If you were so concerned about being legit, you should've just deleted all the items that were questionable, and remade/delete the max-statted characters.

Really, I don't think anyone's gonna think it's noble what you did. You could've gotten rid of the rares, and your legit friends wouldn't have thought any less of you, unless they were just assholes. It's been said, I know, but what you did was...pretty stupid.

And then selling your GC...>.<

No, don't come back to PSO. You've already played enough of it. It'd be really expensive to re-buy all that stuff. Work on stuff in the real world. That's what's really important. Don't let trivial stuff in a video game get to you.

Siris
Mar 15, 2004, 08:27 PM
On 2004-03-13 10:46, Final wrote:

The characters where corrupt in my eyes. And in any one of YOUR eyes, they would've been also. Unless of course you yourself cheat.

well, I won't knock you for it. And, I don't cheat. There have been a few instances of naive newbish nonsense where my main character was slightly corrupted but there is no way I am going to delete her because I didn't know any better with her at the time. I do think I may have done a similar thing in your situation (but not sold the GC lol just remade my characters and started fresh) if I had gotten my characters back filled with dupes, hacks and maxed stats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Direlect
Mar 15, 2004, 09:09 PM
On 2004-03-15 04:47, Saffran wrote:
In answer to the original poster: get the game again if you can afford it, but this time don't ever lend your memory card! (don't lend your memory card period, actually)

I would have deleted the chars too, *before going online again*.
I would have demolished that guy into next year... considering how far you went, I'm surprised you didn't *do* anything about it.

And to all posters who flamed him: look at what was done with his chars and tell me the hacker didn't go overboard....

well the hacker did hack sum oitems but hey, too drastic and no the hacker did'nt go overboard because hes a hacker that cant stop.

Saffran
Mar 16, 2004, 03:14 PM
well the hacker did hack sum oitems
There's a subtle yet important difference between "some" and "each and every on the memory card".
Bah, it doesn't matter anymore, anyway.

Solstis
Mar 16, 2004, 04:37 PM
Question:

Answer:

Ouch.

And as Navi's *snicker* says, don't hold your breath for Episode 4 (really, you'll pass out).

I do suggest that you get another game that you can play only offline (crystal chronicles as Goku pointed out, perhaps?) without the scent of taintedness anywhere.

Or pick up model-ship making. But don't skimp and use pre-painted sets! THAT'S IMMORAL!