PDA

View Full Version : Worried about online play.

Vicious128
Mar 14, 2004, 01:13 AM
I recieved EPIII only just Friday and I played it. Enjoyed it. Addicted to it. But then I come on here and read the forums and read about this war of hatred between US and JP players. It's disappointing.

I mean I still suck at the game, still under the newbie cap. Heck, I've never really played cards games ever. I've only watched my friends play and thought Magic was the most tedious thing I have ever seen in my life. I never got the mana pool stuff and all and probably never will. I have better things to do then spend hundreds of dollars on rectangular paper.

I try my best to balance my deck of cards to suit any situation, but then I read about how cheap you can get with them. Is there any dignity in online play? At this moment, I'm too apprehensive to renew the HL without getting flammed, mocked, and mutilated by immature people who play online.

I still have those moments where I wouldn't have the slightest clue on what to due. Like those missions, isn't all of them just kill, kill kill? Certain missions will be completed in certain amounts of time for me. Fifteen minutes to fourty-five to forever.

It's just that my question is, is this situation so great that the online fee is worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Zolpner
Mar 14, 2004, 01:27 AM
When it comes to online gaming sometimes you just have to ignore the bad and concentrate on the good. Personally, I will be going online with it (when UK release and it arrives here from some online store), and I intend to just have my fun and ignore the fools.

Vicious128
Mar 14, 2004, 01:33 AM
I just hate the fact how you would have to deal with them.

Zolpner
Mar 14, 2004, 01:40 AM
I would say (hope I geuss) it should calm down after some time, how long can they hold a grudge for something no one knows what is. If it is just picking on the new US players to get easy Meseta cards and rank, then it shouldn't last for so long, there will still be cheap decks but thats pretty much unavoidable - and if this is the case I feel sorry for myself and all the UK players that will come in on release, and worried that they might try to do the same to us, but I will generally still try to enjoy it, I will vs those people, but enjoy doing so and not worry too much. You can still always make some friends online and only play with them but that would be pretty boring and I wouldn't suggest it (unless you are really worried a whole lot about Rank, but then you would just be like them).

Yea these are my opinions and in the end it will be your decision, remember that (though it will be more fun online no matter what -IMO-).

shinobu_seta
Mar 14, 2004, 01:41 AM
I've noticed all the hate as well, and I truly wish it would stop.

I hate mean people on ep 1 & 2 too. I really don't understand why people pay for a HL just to get online to harrass people.

For the most part though, the good outweigh's the bad. I have a good list of friendly people that are always a blast to play with. Hopefully I'll be able to find another great group on ep3. I guess the best advice at this point is to just hang in there.

~Shinobu

Myopathy
Mar 14, 2004, 02:58 AM
A game where competition is a center concept is bound to lead to bitter feelings from some people toward another. However, unlike many other online games, EP3 is actually, in a general sense, very friendly. I have tried to play with as many different people as I can since I got the game, and have only come across ONE occassion where my opponent was exceptionally rude to me(I mentioned it in another thread).

Trust me, on a general scale, there is really no hatred in this game. People are all very nice and courteous for the most part, in both victory and defeat. There are a few bad apples, which are the ones you have read about, but for the most part, EP3 is generally a pretty friendly game from my experience.

Malkavian
Mar 14, 2004, 06:01 AM
I think there is some exageraton. Ep 3 is fine.W hen people post about jerks and stuff they only say the little bad things and nothing of all the good.
I don't find there are more annoying players than ep1&2. But there is more need to play with many different people. Is not fun to be 4 players and lock in a game playing themselves. The fun is in playing many different people with different decks.

Calibur
Mar 14, 2004, 07:05 AM
I agree whit Malkavian

Arislan
Mar 14, 2004, 07:44 AM
Yes, chalk up another for Malk's statement. What you see on the forums is what results when we get pissed and need to rant. When we're all playing nicely, we're too busy playing to come on the boards and post. So you mostly get to read about the bad things, not really any of the good. Thete is a lot of good to the game. Other than a few players whom I avoid, I have fun playing with and meeting new people, and would rather play online than offline anytime.

Off topic, Calibur, that Quiz has to be one of the worst written quizzes I have seen on the net. Someone needs to intruduce that person to Mr Period, Mr Comma, and Mr Humor.

Calibur
Mar 14, 2004, 08:22 AM
I think theres more nice people in episode 3 than episode 1 and 2 so its not that much of a problem.

off topic: true thats why i change my sig. but hey that quiz wasent mine....lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2004-03-14 05:24 ]</font>

RuinedReBirth
Mar 16, 2004, 12:17 PM
Actually, if you really want to piss someone off and not really do any harm, or even be mean...Just either A) Ignore them or B) Laugh at them with a large "ROFL" or "LMAO". What can they say? "Yeah its funny how you suck" "LMAO" "Stupid noob laugh" "LMAO" =P I do both...not so well, I do hate crap talkers. But I'm working on it! Besides, you can't win every tourny. Everyone knows that.

MightyMule
Mar 16, 2004, 01:08 PM
I have experienced a few sore losers but that is all and even then those have been in maybe 3 or 4 games of the 80 some I have played online. I wouldn't worry too much about what is said on the forums. Just play and have fun.

Zebulan7
Mar 16, 2004, 03:15 PM
When people are "bad," they go out of their way to be "bad."

Everyone I have played with are good sports. At the beginning of the game, many say "good luck" and at the end "good game." Many compliment certain aspects of a person's stratagy. Many people love to see certain cards, or what not.

The only real problem that gets on to me is a deck being called cheap. "Is that a cheap gun deck?" Well, when all I have is guns in a deck, because I'm playing a RA, does that make it cheap. Also, when I'm a lower deck, and all I have is "cheap" cards, it is for somereason wrong for me to use them. This complaint is rare though.

ignignokt
Mar 16, 2004, 03:42 PM
Overall my experience online has been good too. Sure occasionaly I meet a crybaby, or get crushed by a level 80 JP player (someday, god willing, that will be me!), but it's all in good fun.

If I had a complaint, it's people take it too serious at times in that no one talks! I enjoy chatting while I play. And I don't mean trash talk, just general chatting. So when someone tells me to "shutup slapballs!", it hurts my feelings, sniff.

Sharkyland
Mar 16, 2004, 07:29 PM
I'm still using the same deck I used to fight Pollux which are basically just weapons and defense cards. No assist cards yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-03-16 16:32 ]</font>

Majadamus
Mar 19, 2004, 03:13 AM
but then I read about how cheap you can get with them

Can't say I don't hate cheapness, but there are ways around it. It's in all types of games, shooters, racing, and especially fighters. I can't stand when people complain about cheapness. You're not an experienced gamer if you can't find ways around it. When I play my cousin in fighters he uses cheap fighting moves. Instead of complaining about it I find some character that will prevent him from using his cheap moves and I 0wn him! Can you say beating a whole team with just Dan Hibiki alone (Worst fighter in game history). So stop your bitchin. Find a way to get around it and teach the n00bs with cheap decks a lesson. I'm sure there has to be weaknesses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majadamus on 2004-03-19 00:15 ]</font>

BRTW2
Mar 19, 2004, 04:20 PM
Online play isn't shabby.

Its definately got its uber strong highly competitive insult you till you are down people, but those people don't need to be played with. Sure there are super powerful people who have combos like you wouldn't beleive, but you can always find some noobs who are just like you, its not that hard, if you look.

Otherwise just make a friend who is above lvl 10, and do team tourneys.

philip
Mar 20, 2004, 03:00 AM
JP players are nice to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ive got many JP players Guild cards and they invite me to teams they are in. I have no prob with JP players, only thing is i cant speak Japanease