PDA

View Full Version : Numbers > Power?

Myopathy
Mar 14, 2004, 07:27 AM
I have a Savitri mag, and am trying to decide exactly how useful it is. In terms of stats, it is great and gives a huge boost to AP. With it equip, I can pretty much do about 10 damage with just about anything. However, with it equipped, I can only have one weapon. I've found it somewhat difficult to get anywhere against Heroside characters with only one weapon. Sure I can break pretty much anything they equip, but if they equip a large number, I get nowhere until I get my Punch card, which at this point, I can't totally depend on because I don't have that many. My question is, would it be better to give those 5 slots up, allowing me to equip two more weapons, or is the Savitri worth keeping in the deck?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-03-14 04:28 ]</font>

badbitz
Mar 14, 2004, 04:37 PM
from experimenting with Savitri myself, no, I dont think it is worth the high AP cost. I took out mine out of my deck a week ago. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Zaneatron
Mar 15, 2004, 10:10 AM
if you only have 1 in your deck, it may be a good idea to keep it in your deck, but as a contingency plan. try and get a few more 3-4 cost weps in, along with come of the cheaper ones, cause you cant rely on dice :S

basically have some nice weps out, but if you get a bit beat up and you only have your savitri to help you, put it on. its chunky, can take quite a beating, and is an action disruptor, so has an added bonus.

use it sparingly though, it is a big point muncher :S

Classix
Mar 16, 2004, 10:50 AM
Savitri is hard to use efficiently. Could be useful with Handgun or other 1 cost items (are there many?) or a solid 2 coster. Another thought is to use it with Guykild because if you can equip one or two weapons with it, thats basically all you're going to be able to attack with. His Big Swing makes more than two attacks a turn rare at, at least to start, and if they target your weapons, well, you don't lose anything. Battles of attrition will go well in your favor.