PDA

View Full Version : worst thing you did in high school/ uni /studies?

tgif2000
Mar 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
As years go by, i realized that i'll be off studies next year so wanted to remind me of the worst things i did when i was in school..

i'll begin with the lastet i did.
It's quite a special one.

In my school (i am french) we have an important english test each year which determines the group in which we will be the year after(A being the best group, E the worst).
the exam is made of listenning, grammar stuff, and a part where you must write a text about a given subject.

As i am one of the best in english i did a bet with my friends, that whatever is the subject i'll talk of abortion. Well i like to shock people and moreover the subject the give us is often SO boring like "what did you do for holidays?", well i did i a thousand times and it sucks.

So here comes the exam and the subject:
"your best friend amanda is wedding but you can't come, write a letter to her".

wow talking about abortion with such a subject... but my unusual mind started to work..

I wrote a story where i told amanda i counldn't come because i was aborting that day. but i also told her how i got pregnant, i told i was feeling lonely, that i went to disco and got drunk with vodka-martini like my mum told me to do when i needed to find a man. then i told how i went to toilet to throw up and i threw up on a guys pants, then h took me out of disco and well you know, i ended up having a bun in the oven (my teacher loved this as he circled bun in th oven in red with the follwing words in capital letters: DONT WRITE THIS IN A LETTER) and finally how i offered amanda a gift for her weeding a swiss army knife in case she got lost in the woods.

after so much nonsense and bullsh*t, i ended up having a bad mark 6/20 instead of 18/20 (lets say D instead of A).i was downgraded and when in the B group which is kind of fun as i have the best marks except this one

well i laughed so much when i wrote it and when i saw what te teacher corrected and wrote, circling in red all the "bad words".

the year after we had another test.. and this time the bet was to talk about death penalty....
and the subject was "you have to go to some place in ireland ask your uncle about this place in a letter"

there you go, the same dilemma, how can i speak about something horrible and out of purpose?

i made up a story of me being a jail guard (i'm not sure about the word), and i had to attend a jail guard meeting to decide with which method we would kill prisonners. i wrote stuff like "i prefer the lethal gas method as in the electrical chair the burned flesh smells like BBQ, it reminds me the time i dropped the hairdryer in my grandmother's bath"

well let me tell you that it seems this time i had crossed the borderline...
i avoided disciplinary concil (i don't know the word) just because i was a good pupil.

Someone told me later that at the "conseil de classe",a meeting held every 3 months by teachers and directors, the english teacher read my letter in front of all teachers byt without telling my name!! LOL
they were sure i was a psycho, and some of them were scared of me... especially the english teachers...

And in the report which is given to parents and classmates there was a sentence (Writing insane things in english exam will get you out of school next time).

You know, they didn't want to tell it directly to me thinking that i was nuts, so they just told it to everybody but i had told everbody what i had written in my exam so when people got the paper they just laughed..

so here is your turn....

Hrith
Mar 14, 2004, 02:32 PM
funny stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I did some similar things in high school.

I cannot remember what is THE worse thing I did, but I might come back to this thread.

I remember showing up late in class, in Uni, but like 15 mins late, so the teacher asks "how come you're so late?" and I reply "I went to buy a watch"

>_>

more recently, I was asked : "what type of women do you think editors of females magazines think of when writing articles, choosing topics, ads and such?" I said "the readers, d'oh" (teacher did not get the joke -_-)

googles
Mar 14, 2004, 03:02 PM
The worst thing i probly did in school, was quit school.

Kent
Mar 14, 2004, 05:15 PM
On 2004-03-14 12:02, googles wrote:

Ironically, the worst thing I did was attending the schools here.

PaleKid15
Mar 14, 2004, 05:40 PM
The worst thing I did was pretty weak, but a little mean. My english teacher was trying to prepare the class for the MWT (Maryland Writing Test), and was reviewing the prewriting steps of an essay. I told her that this was the biggest pile of crap I'd ever heard and it was a huge waste of time. I contimued to comment on how stupid it was to lose points for not doing something on a test that is not necessary and shortens the time you have to take the test. Being an english teacher, she took offense and nearly cried (I basically said that what she was doing was worthless... I felt pretty bad). Still, it was a little funny...

Kuea
Mar 14, 2004, 05:53 PM
the worst thing I did was get into the grading system at school and change my grades and the grades of some kids who hate me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
had the whole school confused http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Dangerous55
Mar 14, 2004, 06:10 PM
On 2004-03-14 14:15, Kent wrote:

On 2004-03-14 12:02, googles wrote:

Ironically, the worst thing I did was attending the schools here.

I thought you were 16.

tgif2000
Mar 14, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-03-14 14:53, Gajeh wrote:
the worst thing I did was get into the grading system at school and change my grades and the grades of some kids who hate me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
had the whole school confused http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

recently i discovered the whole list of password for all teachers, including the director himself... now i read their daily email and thats funny. i see so many classmates which write whole emails just to have half a point more at the exam...

googles
Mar 15, 2004, 04:33 AM
who me? Yea i am 16, 17 in 5 days.

_Sinue_
Mar 15, 2004, 04:43 AM
Heh.. we used to do that all the time. The passwords were easy to hack out - so once or twice a week when our math teacher was feeling lazy, he'd take us to the computer lab to play "MathBlaster:Red Alert" and he'd go off to get drunk. (Seriously.. he reeked of 80 proof most of the time) So while we were in there we'd go onto the main office directory and delete Emails, change around schedules, give people detentions, erase attendance records.. things like that. The Administrator of our Computer Lab was clueless - or let us do it since he hated the school. Either way, we never got caught.

I've done alot of bad things in school. I can't even begin to list one as the single "worst". Plus I think I already told the stories of the Rubber Cement/poisoned Cookies for the football team, hitting a cheerleader with a rotten egg at the Prep Rally, and getting into a drunken fight in D-wing. (Our Math Teacher taught us how Vodka has no alcohol smell).

Well.. There is one I remember fondly. It was a Halloween tradition for kids to go by and destroy our Welding teacher's mailbox. He thought he'd be a smartass one day and weld a 1/2 inch thick Metal mailbox together and weld that to a steel pole. He decorated the outside of it with intricately carved wooden paneling and told us what we did. He called it the indestructable mailbox - and dared us to knock it off it's post this year.

Well.. instead.. we got about 4 oil cans together and filled them up with gasoline and drove out to his house. I parked a ways up the road so he couldn't see a car comming from the house. 3 of my friends jumped out and soaked the mailbox - making sure it soaked in nice. Then we lit it. I swear, the fireball must have been about 20 feet tall.. it was HUGE.

He came into class the next day with the charred remains and told them that noone was going back into the welding room until someone confesses. My class was after lunch when he'd go out and get high - and since he didn't wanna deal with us while stoned, he just let us go out to weld. The first four periods before lunch failed the class because he wouldn't let them go out and do their projects.

_Sinue_
Mar 15, 2004, 04:48 AM
Come to think about it.. a better prank would have been to just uproot his mailbox altogether and just TAKE IT. Leave it laying in a cornfield somewhere a few miles down the road so that he had to stick his mail in a hole in the ground and plant a little red flag in the dirt to let the Mailman know there was a pickup.

That would have taken longer since he sunk that bastard DEEP.. but damn.. hehe.. the look on his face when he woke up and found it gone would have priceless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Sinue_ on 2004-03-15 01:50 ]</font>

Armok
Mar 15, 2004, 07:54 AM
Im my mock french exams.

Speaking Exam (didnt bother to turn up)
Listoning exam (was pissed as downed a 1/2 bottle or gin 30minutes before)
Writing exam just passed it easily

Overall pass for me yay

Worse thing did was pretty lame. Walking out of school after name call at the start of the day easy.

Dangerous55
Mar 15, 2004, 07:06 PM
On 2004-03-15 01:33, googles wrote:

Oops, I meant Kent.

Kent
Mar 17, 2004, 06:49 AM
On 2004-03-15 16:06, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-03-15 01:33, googles wrote:

Oops, I meant Kent.

I, also, am 16. Why do you ask?

shifter
Mar 17, 2004, 12:11 PM
worst thing i did, hmmm, i got it. i went to a boarding school for high school, and worked in the school kitchen for a number of years. so senior year came, and it came time to come up with a senior prank. so since i worked in the kitchen, most of the seniors thought it be good if i but laxitive(sp) in the milk for breakfast.
so i agreed to it, snuck out in the middle of the night to the kitchen and i most have poured it in 20-24 jugs of milk. so needless to say, the majorityof the school, including the faculty, were suffuring for stomac pains for several weeks, since our school pours the half drinken jugs with others to save on money. thats the best bad thing of done in a while, and kinda funny looking back at it.

Dangerous55
Mar 17, 2004, 01:08 PM
On 2004-03-17 03:49, Kent wrote:

I, also, am 16. Why do you ask?

I thought so.

Sounds like you don't attend school anymore?

KaFKa
Mar 17, 2004, 02:39 PM
worst things i've done in school...

knocked out my gym teacher

made my englist teacher cry because i tore his 'poem' apart

hacked into the school database and gave everyone except for this guy i didnt like failing grades

overstarched the senior cheerleading squad's uniforms (it was a junior prank, still dont know why i did it)

and i broke the wrestling coaches shoulder (that one was on accident, though)

meh, kinda lame stuff, but hey, i didnt care much for school anyways

Scejntjynahl
Mar 17, 2004, 03:00 PM
All I did was give flat tires to all of the staff's cars. Ice Picks work wonders.