PDA

View Full Version : Tatooed?

tgif2000
Mar 14, 2004, 06:28 PM
let me explain the whole thing..
i wanna get a tatoo on an ankle, like an armband but on ankles. so i'm searching for a tatoo for a few months, it will be based on a geometric figure (like celtic armbands)..
but anyway i was wondering if any one of you here were tatooed and what was their tatoo like? it would be nice if you could submit a little pic so we could see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kuea
Mar 14, 2004, 07:05 PM
hmmm tatoos.
preety cool I am thinking of getting one.
I want suggestions to.

Enyalis_Cho
Mar 14, 2004, 09:25 PM
I have a tatoo on my lower back. Its two Japanese symbols. A friend of mine has one on her ankle and she said it hurt like a bitch to get it there. Mine was not bad, though it did hurt a little. Tatoos are fun!! I highly recomend them!

Orange_Coconut
Mar 15, 2004, 01:32 AM
I think I know what you mean. You mean kind of like an anklet? But instead of being an object, a tattoo? If so, those are really cool imo. I would say go for it, just make sure you know exactly what you want before you go through with it.

_Sinue_
Mar 15, 2004, 04:06 AM
The only thing I could pass off as a Tattoo right now is a series of dots on my left hand on the skin between the thumb and first finger. Made them with a home-made tattoo gun back in the day.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for awhile now. The three I want for definate...

1. Praying Hands of Christ on my left chest
2. Dreamcatcher on the base of neck just above the shoulder blades.
3. Naked Kneeling Anime Angel with gorgeous wings on my right arm.

I dunno.. I jus have a thing for angels. There's just something indescribably alluring about a full set of wings on a beautiful woman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Sinue_ on 2004-03-15 01:07 ]</font>

HotWaterDeath
Mar 15, 2004, 09:07 AM
I want a tattoo of "The Fonz" on my left butt-cheek, and a tattoo of Bea Arthur on my right cheek. Then I could put on cool puppet shows,in a stationary position. Sweet x50!

Voodoochild
Mar 17, 2004, 11:38 AM
I have one skull on my left arm (dead indian chief), one tribal on my right lower arm and a rabbit on my upper arm and a fairy on my right shoulder. They are all in black, i dont like colours. If they say that it didnt hurt, they lie. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I will get many more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Voodoochild on 2004-03-17 09:06 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 17, 2004, 11:54 AM
I have no tattoos myself, but I'll warn, it's my understanding that getting a tattoo near a bone does rather hurt, as opposed to tattoos in fleshy areas which can be much less painful.

Personally, I would get a tattoo, except that there is nothing that comes to mind of what I would want drawn on my body. My figuring is that if there's nothing that immediately seems like a good idea, then I don't need to be spending the money to get something permanently ingrained on my skin.

Outrider
Mar 17, 2004, 12:23 PM
On 2004-03-17 08:54, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I have no tattoos myself, but I'll warn, it's my understanding that getting a tattoo near a bone does rather hurt, as opposed to tattoos in fleshy areas which can be much less painful.

Personally, I would get a tattoo, except that there is nothing that comes to mind of what I would want drawn on my body. My figuring is that if there's nothing that immediately seems like a good idea, then I don't need to be spending the money to get something permanently ingrained on my skin.

My thoughts exactly. I figure that if I ever do get a tattoo, it'll be something that I designed myself and I would be willing to have for the rest of my life.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 18, 2004, 05:05 AM
Someone told me recently that "You will not be able to get a good job with a tattoo, so why do it?".

Probably like something offensive and in plain view but in a place where it is not openly seen unless you show it off, and it is sane enough then go for it.

Yes there is pain involved.
Thus I have no need for one, it is not worth the trouble for me at least.

Armok
Mar 18, 2004, 08:03 AM
Best tattoo I've seen is

'Fuck you Pigs' On someones forehead
Bet they regret that now

kingmurp
Mar 18, 2004, 10:24 AM
I have Crono on my left outter calf. A tatoo can prevent a job if in the wrong place. i.e. something on wrist/neck/obviously visual areas.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 18, 2004, 10:34 AM
Not to mention if you ever become a criminal it a sure way to be distinguished... err.. yesh.

anwserman
Mar 18, 2004, 04:32 PM
Hmmm.

My dad's words... the thing he wants me to do once he is gone.

"Jeff, when I'm long gone, I want you to look at all of your peers. The ones with all the tattoos and piercings, and look at how ugly and disgusting they're going to look when you are my age."

So much for continuing the family bloodline. Muhahahaha..

navci
Mar 18, 2004, 04:50 PM
I am quick in changing my mind. I don't think I want anything that looks so cool now, suffering a lot of pain to get it, only to look at it a month later and wish I have spent the money elsewhere.

... I know it is all the rage to get a kanji tatoo, but then just so you are aware that a lot of the kanji tatoos I have seen make no sense, or ... make me want to drop dead on the street laughing.

Be careful what you are putting on your body! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-03-18 13:51 ]</font>

Bender202
Mar 18, 2004, 04:58 PM
Get a tattoo like val kilmers char (havent seen the show in a while but it is the one on his back) in "The Salton Sea", and tell me how much u paid for it.

-Hope i dont get any1 in trouble by puttin names of movies and ppl on here. hehehehheheheheh

Outrider
Mar 18, 2004, 05:48 PM
On 2004-03-18 13:50, navi wrote:
... I know it is all the rage to get a kanji tatoo, but then just so you are aware that a lot of the kanji tatoos I have seen make no sense, or ... make me want to drop dead on the street laughing.

Be careful what you are putting on your body! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I sat in on my friend's art class early on in high school because I had a free period and nothing to do. That day, they were learning some basic kanji. No idea why, but it seemed fun. Anywho, they had some guy come in that the teacher knew, and he was talking to us about how little strokes can make a difference when making a symbol. He also explained that sometimes when you have someone else do a kanji symbol for you, it's not quite right.

He explained that another time he had come in to help the art teacher, this one student came up and asked what he thought of her tattoo. Now, this girl was into karate and other sorts of stuff. A real tough one. It was on the upper part of her chest, and she told him it meant "power girl." Calmly, he explained to her that she might want to go get an extra line or two on it, as it currently said "submissive girl."

Classic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif